2020-2021 Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Alright kids time to overthink every post on this thread until I get an A. Any movement from one site to another at this point in the cycle is likely indicative of seats opening up somewhere as movement at the Detroit site is pretty much not happening at all. So lets hope for a little wl movement soon, pls.

edit: ope you all just said the same thing lol.
What's the reason for lack of movement at Detroit site? Just highly requested?

Members don't see this ad.

What's the reason for lack of movement at Detroit site? Just highly requested?
Detroit fills up first usually and then the list of requests is really long. At this point in the cycle its usually not moving. Also its much smaller then EL so it doesn’t take long to find 50(I think) people who are committed to msu

Detroit fills up first usually and then the list of requests is really long. At this point in the cycle its usually not moving. Also its much smaller then EL so it doesn’t take long to find 50(I think) people who are committed to msu
That's fair. I thought we'd hear something today, but maybe that's just my impatience talking :rofl:

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if there's a way to see which students are at your campus?

Just got let go after being on t2 waitlist. I am glad because I would be miserable staying in Michigan for another 4 years since I’ve been here my whole life. Fortunately, I’ve been accepted out of state elsewhere and I get to experience a new life out of Michigan. Best of luck to all of you who are still waiting to get in and those who have to reapply.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
T1, WL didn't come through for us obviously. . .
Surprised like someone said above they've closed it already.

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
T1, WL didn't come through for us obviously. . .
Surprised like someone said above they've closed it already.
So much for the statement in the letter 'we are optimistic that we will be able to offer you seat'!!

• Okay...
Reactions: 5 users
T3 here and got rejected, but I sort of saw this coming? My heart goes out to all of you T1s and T2s though, I really thought they'd at least get through the T1s this year...

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
also denied after being on t1 waitlist ! good things are still coming to us y'all I can feel it !!! <3 I hope everyone does something today to give them a drop of serotonin....try a new coffee shop, spend time with your favorite (vaccinated) person, have some retail therapy, or maybe even a glass of your fave drink. we will all be doctors eventually !!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I’m really sorry to hear about the WL situation. 😔Just out of curiosity, what did the email exactly say?
As our 2021 application cycle comes to a close, we regret that you are among those on our waitlist to whom we are unable to make an offer of admission. It is always my hope to make as many offers as possible to applicants each cycle and I am disappointed that we are unable to extend a seat in the class of 2025 to you.

I want to thank you for your extraordinary patience in an abnormal and very trying time, where life and most operations have been significantly disrupted. Please know that not every candidate we interview is offered a position on the waitlist. Making the waitlist is in itself an accomplishment, and it tells us that you possess many of the academic and pre-professional skills, attributes, and abilities that our College values. Thus, we encourage you to meet with our office - virtually, at this time - before submitting a future application.

This is a sincere offer. We value your achievements and effort and we are committed to providing guidance to applicants. Please schedule an advising appointment, if interested in discussing our next application cycle. Our availability is limited but we will do our best to meet with interested candidates in the coming weeks.

Reactions: 1 user
Ah well at least now we know and don't have to rush to move in less than two weeks. Sending hugs to my fellow email recipients.

+1 on the waitlist email. Extremely disappointed to think I was so close as a T1.
Has anyone else tried to make an appt with an advisor at MSUCOM? I just tried and I selected that I have not met with an advisor and it says “No appointment available for selected advisor” yet I didn’t select anyone. Does this mean there’s no spots at all?

I tried to make one as soon as I got the email this morning and I had the same problem. I even tried saying that I have met with one before and got the same result... Maybe they don't have any available appts at the moment?
Yeah I think they’re just full, this is truly the max pain T1 train

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Is there anyone on WL who didn't receive this letter? It suggest they have still kept some on the WL!

I got a letter saying i was not offered a seat at MSUCOM. :(. LUCOM for me then. I wonder how many other people got this response?

It seems like everyone on WL got this email today, so what happens if ppl drop in the next 4 weeks?? Lol

To everyone who was rejected or cut from the waitlist: please do not give up. I got in this year after three unsuccessful cycles. The only thing that can stop you from achieving your dreams is you. Take this year to work on other aspects of your life and gain new experience. I promise when it all works out, it will be that much sweeter.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
There are no scholarships for the summer semester unfortunately.
Ahh that's a shame, thank you!

Edit: Holy crap, sorry everyone. I hadn't caught up on all the responses and this was clearly an out of touch comment given the current commentary. Best of luck wherever all you amazing people end up. Be it this year, or the next.

Last edited:
Ahh that's a shame, thank you!

Edit: Holy crap, sorry everyone. I hadn't caught up on all the responses and this was clearly an out of touch comment given the current commentary. Best of luck wherever all you amazing people end up. Be it this year, or the next.
So I assume this is it then huh? No more openings for MSUCOM

But what effect did the larry nasser scandal have on msu? Has it decreased the number of applicants and made msucom a less competitive school? I.e. is msucom an easier school to get into? Do they ask about what you think of the scandal in the admissions interviews? Are we supposed to avoid talking about it in essays?

I'm starting my junior year in bachelor's degree program. So 1 more year until I apply.

But what effect did the larry nasser scandal have on msu? Has it decreased the number of applicants and made msucom a less competitive school? I.e. is msucom an easier school to get into? Do they ask about what you think of the scandal in the admissions interviews? Are we supposed to avoid talking about it in essays?

I'm starting my junior year in bachelor's degree program. So 1 more year until I apply.
There was a 22% increase in applications (over 8000 applications) for about 300 spots for the class of 2025 so I would not say the scandal has made MSUCOM less competitive. The interviews last year were very conversational and natural so you could’ve talked about the scandal if you wanted to.

I talked about it and the responses I received are a huge part of why I chose MSUCOM over other schools.

Is it too late to submit a primary application?
For 2020-2021, yes.
For 2021-2022, maybe, but it really depends on your stats and where the school is at in their selection. I'd say the odds are definitely stacked against you and you might want to wait until next year. =/
This is the current thread: