2017-2018 Louisiana State University - New Orleans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am trying to get more specific information on M1 and M2 curriculum: What hours are typically reserved for lecture, are lectures recorded, and how much class time (lectures, gross anatomy, any group learning) are one's physical attendance required daily during M1 and M2? Hoping a current student can help me out? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm IS currently living OOS and finally got my letter in the mail today -- accepted!! Interviewed 10/31. Good luck everyone!
I got interviewed two weeks ago. Is it normal to received a thank you email from the LSU Med Admission tour?

I got interviewed two weeks ago. Is it normal to received a thank you email from the LSU Med Admission tour?
I didn't receive an email from them

Members don't see this ad :)
Now I'm feel very nervous... I don't know if this is a bad sign or ????
i got an email, you had to give them your email address on interview day for them to
email you

i got an email, you had to give them your email address on interview day for them to
email you
So, It's not a bad sign...it's just a normal?

Anybody receive a decision mail today?

Last edited:
Are you from New Orleans? I'm OOS
I'm so happy I got my acceptance today...good luck to everybody. I'm very late to submit my application almost end of september(9/28/2017) and I'm OOS....I can't explain myself how I feel.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
What is this NFA that everyone is listing? Do you only get this after an interview?

What is this NFA that everyone is listing? Do you only get this after an interview?

“No further action”. Basically means they’re going to compare you to future interviewees before they decide.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I've heard Dr. Eubanks meets with applicants the summer before applying. Is there any more information on this? Do you just e-mail him or call the office?

Anyone know when the next wave of interviews come out?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone here do the pharmacology masters program at tulane?

I am trying to get more specific information on M1 and M2 curriculum: What hours are typically reserved for lecture, are lectures recorded, and how much class time (lectures, gross anatomy, any group learning) are one's physical attendance required daily during M1 and M2? Hoping a current student can help me out? Thanks!
M1 here: Lectures are recorded and not mandatory. Maybe a quarter of the class actually attended biochem; Most didn't skip Anatomy lecture. Anantomy Lab is "Mandatory", there were people that skipped but they often ended up very behind or were not necessarily liked by their peers since their tankmates would have to do a lot of the dissecting. The How-to-be-a-doctor small group classes were mandatory, but often a nice break from the grind of anatomy. PM if you want more

I've heard Dr. Eubanks meets with applicants the summer before applying. Is there any more information on this? Do you just e-mail him or call the office?
Call his office. He normally begins booking counseling sessions after April.

Does anyone know when the first advocacy meeting is?

Does anyone know when the first advocacy meeting is?

I'm not sure of the exact date, but I'm pretty sure Dr. Eubanks told my interview group it was in mid-February

Reactions: 2 users
Hello everyone, I received an interview invite today! So excited!!!:)

Reactions: 6 users
Is there a portal to check our status or do we just have to wait for emails?

How long until one receives a decision after a NFA typically?

From what I remember Eubanks telling us, one of your interviewers will act as your 'advocate' going into future committee decisions. You can theoretically receive an acceptance or rejection at any time the office is sending out acceptances or rejections. But the most common times to hear back from them would be half way through February when they have a big meeting to go over ALL NFAs regardless of your advocate bringing you up, and after May 1st when a bunch of spots open up from other applicants dropping their acceptances to LSU-NO in favor of another school. If you don't get a Yes or No by the middle of May, Eubanks said its a safe bet to assume you're on the wait list. If someone else wants to correct me on this or add anything please do.

Reactions: 1 users
From what I remember Eubanks telling us, one of your interviewers will act as your 'advocate' going into future committee decisions. You can theoretically receive an acceptance or rejection at any time the office is sending out acceptances or rejections. But the most common times to hear back from them would be half way through February when they have a big meeting to go over ALL NFAs regardless of your advocate bringing you up, and after May 1st when a bunch of spots open up from other applicants dropping their acceptances to LSU-NO in favor of another school. If you don't get a Yes or No by the middle of May, Eubanks said its a safe bet to assume you're on the wait list. If someone else wants to correct me on this or add anything please do.

You got it right. They do send out letters again even if you are still NFA after the advocacy meetings in February and May so that you know your status.

I know that LSU does not have a portal, do they accept letters of interest?

Do you mean recommendation letters? Anything you’d like to add to your application can be sent to admissions or emailed.

You can just send it to the ms-admissions email. They seem to be more interested in updates than letters of interests but I am sure that will be fine.

Just got II at 5:03pm ... can't call until 9am tomorrow.. gonna be a long night..

Reactions: 2 users
I got one as well today. Super excited.

257 Cherokee St Apt 2, New Orleans, LA 70118 - realtor.com®

I wanted to post my condo for anyone that will be attending LSU-NO next year. This place served my wife and I well while we were medical students and I have rented it out for last 4.5 years while in residency for a nice extra influx of cash. The neighborhood itself is quiet and one of the safest in New orleans, but it's not far from the action.

Congrats to all of those that are accepted

Reactions: 1 users
257 Cherokee St Apt 2, New Orleans, LA 70118 - realtor.com®

I wanted to post my condo for anyone that will be attending LSU-NO next year. This place served my wife and I well while we were medical students and I have rented it out for last 4.5 years while in residency for a nice extra influx of cash. The neighborhood itself is quiet and one of the safest in New orleans, but it's not far from the action.

Congrats to all of those that are accepted

Are you continuing to rent it out? Looks nice!

to the people who just got their II, when did you schedule it for? Mine's feb 27th

Are you continuing to rent it out? Looks nice!
Unfortunately no, I got accepted to fellowship in NYC and thought it was going to be too difficult to be a landlord from that far away.

to the people who just got their II, when did you schedule it for? Mine's feb 27th

The soonest one I could get was March 5th. They assigned us specific interviewers that are only available on certain days (they said that was the soonest mine was available and was only available on Mondays :( ).

Do you think we are interviewing for waitlist spots or regular spots? Its really late.

Unfortunately no, I got accepted to fellowship in NYC and thought it was going to be too difficult to be a landlord from that far away.

Aw damn. Congrats on the fellowship!