2017-2018 Baylor College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think they're going out tomorrow; based on last year's thread, seems to be every Tuesday

I agree! Especially since IIs were went on Tuesdays. Here’s hopin!

Members don't see this ad.

Just got a call of acceptance!!! ~10am

Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a call....from a Houston telemarketer and I’ve never been so disappointed in my whole life lol

Reactions: 10 users
ACCEPTED! missed the call twice

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted! Call came in at 10:30. I'm absolutely elated.

IS, LizzyM 76, interviewed 10/13

Reactions: 1 user
Any OOS hear anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
Shot in the dark here - anyone know what percentage of their class is taken with each wave? They said it was “small,” but are we talking 10%? 30%?

Those that got accepted today: first of all, congratulations! Secondly, did any of you notice the famed "not supported" response when logging into your BCM portal?

Those that got accepted today: first of all, congratulations! Secondly, did any of you notice the famed "not supported" response when logging into your BCM portal?
For what it’s worth, I had it and was not called today

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I know, I did not have the "not supported" response, and the portal currently says that my application is still being reviewed.

Do ya'll think they're gonna call more people tomorrow or is it once a week every Tuesday?

Do ya'll think they're gonna call more people tomorrow or is it once a week every Tuesday?
Looking at our minuscule SDN sample sizes on previous year threads like the 2016-2017 and the 2015-2016 or 2014-2015 it seems interviews come on Tuesdays, but how many and at what times varies a lot.

Was the number that called 713-798-xxxx cos I got two missed calls from them while interviewing somewhere else and a Google search says it's affiliated with BCM...and and....and...lol

This is too much anticipation

Was the number that called 713-798-xxxx cos I got two missed calls from them whole interviewing somewhere else and a Google search says it's affiliated with BCM...and and....and...lol

Yes

Did you get the call?
So funny story... I called them the other day to ask about the error message, and they said that it happens on some browsers when you’re in queue for an acceptance call... but then I didn’t get a call yesterday hahaha. So idk what to think, but yes other people I know who were called, were called from that number.

Reactions: 1 users
Was the number that called 713-798-xxxx cos I got two missed calls from them while interviewing somewhere else and a Google search says it's affiliated with BCM...and and....and...lol

Was this yesterday?

Yes! Also I'm fairly certain that I didn't get the error message for anyone wondering. I checked several times daily.

You sir make me slightly more hopeful to get another call today. Would make my Thanksgiving even better

Idk if anyone else feels this way, but the way this process has been handled has really turned me off from the school.

I tried. It went to the general Baylor answering desk. She was like....Everytime someone calls out of Baylor that number shows up automatically so you can't really call back

You can try the number in the app status portal if they're still in the office, listed as the admissions office ( 713-798-4842 )
Would be a bummer to not find out you've been accepted before turkey day.

Idk if anyone else feels this way, but the way this process has been handled has really turned me off from the school.

Not limited to medical school admissions. Had similar experience with a summer research program in undergrad. Seems Baylor has "failure to notify" issues.

Congrats to those accepted so far! BCM has been an amazing experience so far and I'm soo happy I ended up here. The environment is very supportive and they truly do everything they can to make sure everyone learns as much as they possibly can without too much fear of failing (can only speak to preclinical years). I'm going into our second set of exams for the term in a couple of weeks and because of the true pass/fail system and the extensive support from upperclassmen, my stress level is actually very low. Looking back, I've learned much more than I realized since starting in July and I credit this to how great the professors are and how the curriculum is set up. Happy to answer any questions you have!

If I interviewed in September and didn't get a call, it's safe to say I was rejected?

If I interviewed in September and didn't get a call, it's safe to say I was rejected?
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that's safe to assume. I have a friend who interviewed at Baylor in the fall and received his acceptance call in March!

Reactions: 2 users
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that's safe to assume. I have a friend who interviewed at Baylor in the fall and received his acceptance call in March!
That’s actually pretty typical, yeah. Most acceptances go out in March (whatever “most” means)

Congrats to those accepted so far! BCM has been an amazing experience so far and I'm soo happy I ended up here. The environment is very supportive and they truly do everything they can to make sure everyone learns as much as they possibly can without too much fear of failing (can only speak to preclinical years). I'm going into our second set of exams for the term in a couple of weeks and because of the true pass/fail system and the extensive support from upperclassmen, my stress level is actually very low. Looking back, I've learned much more than I realized since starting in July and I credit this to how great the professors are and how the curriculum is set up. Happy to answer any questions you have!
Thanks for posting! Dr. Johnson mentioned that Baylor has a committee that meets early next year and offers merit scholarships to accepted students. Do you know anything about Baylor's merit scholarships? Are they tuition waivers for IS & OOS students? I can't find any information about this. Thanks in advance!

Thanks for posting! Dr. Johnson mentioned that Baylor has a committee that meets early next year and offers merit scholarships to accepted students. Do you know anything about Baylor's merit scholarships? Are they tuition waivers for IS & OOS students? I can't find any information about this. Thanks in advance!
All I know about the merit scholarships is that they're given out starting in November and they're usually half tuition ($10,000/year). For OOS students, I know in the past they've reduced their tuition to in-state for the first year with the expectation the student will establish TX residency.