2018-2019 Baylor College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just sent my withdraw email to admissions. Didn't feel like waiting out any longer for them to let me know. Good luck to everyone else willing to ride out the silence.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Just sent my withdraw email to admissions. Didn't feel like waiting out any longer for them to let me know. Good luck to everyone else willing to ride out the silence.

WOW. 13 acceptances! Congrats!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Would you say most first years live alone or do a good amount find a roommate??
I’d say there’s a decent mix of both! Many live alone but many also live with roommates. I think living with others is slightly more common though. It depends on your situation, since it makes sense financially and but could be a stressor if you don’t get along with them.

Anyone that interviewed in August still waiting? I'm OOS so not super hopeful but this wait is ridiculous and when I called admissions they said this could go on through June

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone that interviewed in August still waiting? I'm OOS so not super hopeful but this wait is ridiculous and when I called admissions they said this could go on through June
Yes, also OOS and interviewed in September. Honestly I’m over it at this point lol just wish they would give an answer already. The bright side is that I’m not as neurotic as I was and no longer refreshing SDN and email all the time

Same here - interviewed in one of the very first groups and still silence ...but Baylor is absolutely the very top of my list. As OOS I'm not hopeful but I would love to go here

Yeah man, I'm sure several in our 8/24 group are still waiting. Hopefully the wait will be worth it :)

I feel you, this is so brutal. That's honestly not considerate to the fact that we need to arrange housing and start making plans

Anyone go to Baylor's "second look" program over the weekend? I did not go, but wondering how it was and whether it affected anyone's decision.

Anyone know anything about when financial aid will be released?

At second look, they made it seem like you should call the office and ask to talk to fin aid people if you have submitted fafsa already.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Mine was released months ago (I want to say end of January. Accepted December), so I think it just depends on when you get all the required financial aid pieces in

Just got the call this morning! Looks like another wave is going out today/this week :)

Just got the call this morning as well, 10:42 AM CT. Hopefully some calls are going out to everyone waiting!!

Reactions: 9 users
Congrats! What a way to start your day ;-) Any of you OOS?

Accepted OOS this morning! Couldn't be more thrilled!! :)

Reactions: 8 users
Mine was released months ago (I want to say end of January. Accepted December), so I think it just depends on when you get all the required financial aid pieces in

Hmm all of my stuff should be complete (that I know of). I think I’ll give them a call. Thanks!

Accepted late afternoon today!! (IS, LM 77ish, interviewed 9/28)
Couldn't be happier hope to see y'all there :)

Reactions: 7 users
Looks like there are just a few acceptances left to go out before the cycle closes. Best of luck to everyone, hoping to join in on the last few lucky acceptances.

Looks like there are just a few acceptances left to go out before the cycle closes. Best of luck to everyone, hoping to join in on the last few lucky acceptances.
Do you think there are still more to go out today/later wave? Or was yesterday it?

No idea man, if anyone is brave enough to call admissions and ask like @medhope516 did maybe they'd have a better answer

Okay well I decided to be brave and called them and before I could finish my question "will there be more admission offers before April 30th..." She said pretty immediately, "Yes, Yes, there will be." :)

Reactions: 10 users
Okay well I decided to be brave and called them and before I could finish my question "will there be more admission offers before April 30th..." She said pretty immediately, "Yes, Yes, there will be." :)
Our hero. :)

My man but srsly thanks for calling and satisfying all of our curiosities.

So if we don't get a call before April 30th, will they tell us we are on the waitlist? Will they tell us if we are rejected? Will they tell us literally anything? lol

So if we don't get a call before April 30th, will they tell us we are on the waitlist? Will they tell us if we are rejected? Will they tell us literally anything? lol

I think they waitlist a lot of people and then send an e-mail in June/July saying “our class is full” instead of an outright rejection. Someone correct me if I’m wrong though!

When I called them a week ago they only gave me a vague "sometime by June" so I'm glad you got a straight answer out of them! fingers crossed for all of us

Has anyone had any luck getting Baylor to match scholarships?
I inquired about it, but I didn’t get the feeling they were very open to it. As the least expensive private med school in the country it’s already a pretty good deal - I think they feel that besides merit scholarships you’re already paying significantly less than the sticker price at other private schools and aren’t really willing to match.

Has anyone had any luck getting Baylor to match scholarships?
I withdrew last week with scholarship, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Those scholarships have to go to someone and your chances are much better if they know you need money to keep from bouncing, so definitely hit them up!

Reactions: 4 users
How late do we think they will continue to send acceptances? Getting anxious to commit somewhere given we are two weeks out from decision day...

I called the admissions office today and according to the person I talked to there are more acceptances going out in the month of April and also some in May

I called the admissions office today and according to the person I talked to there are more acceptances going out in the month of April and also some in May
Their admissions process is so strange to me lol. Thank you for being brave and calling!

Has anyone received merit scholarships? If so, how long after acceptance were you notified and was it in the same communication with other financial aid info?

Has anyone received merit scholarships? If so, how long after acceptance were you notified and was it in the same communication with other financial aid info?
N=1, but separate from other financial aid, about a month after acceptance. If you were recently accepted I would imagine they try to notify you of a scholarship before the 30th if you're up for one

Those of you guys still waiting on a decision -- are you selecting Plan to Enroll for your current top choice acceptance?

Just a mini rant: would be nice if they waitlisted people before April 30 like every other medical school in this country does, instead of making people go on a wild goose chase with no way out of it. Just my two cents.

I got one about 3 weeks after being accepted. It was separate communication for me

Sorry to ask again but does anyone know the deadline to accept financial aid after receiving the award letter?

Those of you guys still waiting on a decision -- are you selecting Plan to Enroll for your current top choice acceptance?
That's what I'll be doing. I know apparently technically it seems to not be necessary but I don't want to be rude to other applicants and frankly I'm not 100% sure that schools in the top 20 really care as much if you've already selected plan to enroll at a different school - my guess is they have more confidence in their ability to poach.

Withdrew my spot here. Hope that helps someone!

Reactions: 10 users