2017-2018 Baylor College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Finally got the call on Black Friday lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
Finally got the call on Black Friday lol
congrats for catching them all!
Unknown-6.png

Reactions: 4 users
Can someone explain this error message to me? I have read all of the Baylor forums and still don't understand.

On my "File Completion/Status Check-2018" portal it says:
"Your application is complete and is being reviewed by the committee.
All further correspondence will be via email.
If your email address changes; please contact the Admissions Office at 713-798-4842 to update."

However, when I go to the "Applicant Pre-Interview Portal" it says:
"Your current application status is not supported by the Applicant Pre-Interview Portal."

Does this mean that I have the error message? I really hope so.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone explain this error message to me? I have read all of the Baylor forums and still don't understand.

On my "File Completion/Status Check-2018" portal it says:
"Your application is complete and is being reviewed by the committee.
All further correspondence will be via email.
If your email address changes; please contact the Admissions Office at 713-798-4842 to update."

However, when I go to the "Applicant Pre-Interview Portal" it says:
"Your current application status is not supported by the Applicant Pre-Interview Portal."

Does this mean that I have the error message? I really hope so.
No. The file check feature is where the error message supposedly has significance.

Reactions: 1 user
MSTP applicant in the same boat -- been complete since mid-August and still nothing :/ There's no reported rejections in the MD/PhD rejections thread which makes me feel like they might be doing silent rejections, but on the other hand there's still 3/5 interview dates left open (with 2 of them being in january) so I suppose there is still hope of getting an II in the next month?? this process is making me so neurotic lolol
BTW, how did you know there are still 3/5 interview dates left?

Submitted 08/22 and still have not heard back from Baylor. Anybody else in a similar boat? I'm OOS and LizzyM of 78.

Reactions: 3 users
BTW, how did you know there are still 3/5 interview dates left?

SDN won't let me link to the page, but if you go to their website under MD/PhD admissions they have their interview dates listed! The remaining dates are 12/1, 1/5 and 1/26.

Members don't see this ad :)
SDN won't let me link to the page, but if you go to their website under MD/PhD admissions they have their interview dates listed! The remaining dates are 12/1, 1/5 and 1/26.
Thanks. So no dates in February! Since I haven't heard from them so far, then the only possibility is 1/26. I guess I will give up on Baylor!

Houston telemarketers should be outlawed this time of year...I’m in a glass case of emotion

Reactions: 6 users
I thought the point was to accept like 20 people a week?
Nah, the point is to accept a certain % of the class as they become more certain. They didn’t interview any more people this week, so it wouldn’t make sense to accept more people.

Nah, the point is to accept a certain % of the class as they become more certain. They didn’t interview any more people this week, so it wouldn’t make sense to accept more people.
Oh gotchu. What percentage of the class do you think has been determined so far/ how many acceptances?

Oh gotchu. What percentage of the class do you think has been determined so far/ how many acceptances?
I couldn’t tell you, but I believe many people who have been accepted thus far probably won’t even attend Baylor. It could be 10% of the seats (or roughly 20 students), it could have been 30%... however, many of those seats will be relinquished as we move closer to April 30.

Thanks. So no dates in February! Since I haven't heard from them so far, then the only possibility is 1/26. I guess I will give up on Baylor!
wait why are you giving up already? You still have all of December to receive an interview

To all the other accepted peeps: Did you guys see the acceptance email? They are asking for non-refundable $310 tuition deposit and are saying that your spot in the entering class ins't "secured" until this is given. I thought this was against the rules, no? From the policies on AMCAS it says max $100 and it has to be refundable, right?

To all the other accepted peeps: Did you guys see the acceptance email? They are asking for non-refundable $310 tuition deposit and are saying that your spot in the entering class ins't "secured" until this is given. I thought this was against the rules, no? From the policies on AMCAS it says max $100 and it has to be refundable, right?

I saw this too and I'm going to wait till January to pay the deposit. Gotta see what that aid looks like

I saw this too and I'm going to wait till January to pay the deposit. Gotta see what that aid looks like
Your spot is secured until the end of April whether you pay the deposit or not. After end of April, your spot is only secure if you've payed the $310.

BCOM’s applicant rank list

I see. I don’t necessarily think the rank list needs to change for them to send out more acceptances though? Since applicants they would presumably rank higher have earlier interviews.

So are we expecting the next acceptances to come a week from today? Baylor seems to like Tuesdays

Just joined SDN to say that I hope we hear back soon! Interviewed in October, OOS but did my undergrad in TX, LM 75. This is my top choice school and I would love to attend BCM! Good luck to all!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Has anyone received an II recently? I just got my 2° submitted in late October, but I haven't heard anything yet.

*713 area code number calls my phone*
*my heart starts pounding*
*i answer*

"Hi, is this Mr. [mylastname]?"

"Yes ma'am"

"Are you looking to drastically improve your credit score?"

Reactions: 23 users
*713 area code number calls my phone*
*my heart starts pounding*
*i answer*

"Hi, is this Mr. [mylastname]?"

"Yes ma'am"

"Are you looking to drastically improve your credit score?"
that's brutal...i hope you receive a diff/much happier call from 713 area code soon!

I had the error message for like 3 minutes, and then it changed back to the normal message. I wonder what that means

Reactions: 2 users
1. Do people think BCM will call tomorrow?
2. Is an acceptance binding on BCM's part if it is given via phone? In other words, is it technically "official" if it is not in writing?

Thanks, SDN community!

2. Is an acceptance binding on BCM's part if it is given via phone? In other words, is it technically "official" if it is not in writing?

Thanks, SDN community!

I think acceptances are possible tomorrow.

Reactions: 2 users
Ok I give up on trying to understand how they do things. I’m just gonna hope for March lol.

Reactions: 7 users

Thanks, SDN community!
They are definitely not going to call you, then decide three days later to revoke your offer. Unless you cuss out the dean on the phone, I suppose.

Does anyone know if there's a Facebook group or anything for people who've been accepted? Second look seems really far away.

Reactions: 1 users