2018-2019 Baylor College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got accepted this morning! :):):)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 16 users
Members don't see this ad :)
At this point in time, # of any new acceptances must be equal to # of withdrawals past the class size of about 185 right? Or could they still possibly be over accepting this close to April 30th?

congrats! was UTSW your match school?
Thank you! Yes, it was. So now I'm trying to decide between the two, which is a little rough because I know a lot about UTSW but not much about Baylor since my interview was way back in August

Reactions: 1 user
So before April 30th we just need to select plan to enroll on AMCAS, pay the $300 deposit, and send in the acknowledgment form? I did not get any confirmation back that I have submitted everything I need to so I just wanted to make sure.

Accepted this morning around 8:30. IS, interviewed in November

Reactions: 5 users
We will be getting an email later today right? Everything from that call was a blur after hearing accepted :cat::dead:

Dude, Karen might as well have been speaking Portuguese. I retained literally nothing from that call lol. But my gf was accepted a couple months ago and she said it took them at least a full 24 hours before they sent the email.

Dude, Karen might as well have been speaking Portuguese. I retained literally nothing from that call lol. But my gf was accepted a couple months ago and she said it took them at least a full 24 hours before they sent the email.
She said that it should come later today

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone who was accepted get interviewed in January? (I sound like such a broken record, but hope is slipping away...)

Did anyone who was accepted get interviewed in January? (I sound like such a broken record, but hope is slipping away...)
I'd assume there will be another wave of acceptances after April 30th when people start using their Commit to Enroll feature. Hanging in there with you!

Sorry I didn't post before, but I was accepted Monday. LM 77, IS, and I interviewed in late September. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 8 users
Two and half weeks left to go for us ISers, hopefully, a couple more acceptances :)

Does anyone know if we have to mail in the acknowledgement form or if we can submit it online instead? Would call the office and ask but they're closed.

Just declined my acceptance, so an additional spot should open up. Good luck to everyone here on this cycle & with the rest of your careers!

Reactions: 4 users
Good Luck to yall. Withdrew IS today. Hopefully, WL movement starts soon!

Reactions: 7 users
Just withdrew my acceptance also, IS! Wishing you guys the best with lots of WL movement!

Reactions: 7 users
Thanks for keeping waitlisters updated :') It is at least encouraging to see there might be trickle down movement here in Texas after very little waitlist movement pre-April 30th this year!

Reactions: 6 users
Thanks for keeping waitlisters updated :') It is at least encouraging to see there might be trickle down movement here in Texas after very little waitlist movement pre-April 30th this year!
AGREED!!

Every withdrawal restores a little hope...thanks for keeping us posted you guys...

Reactions: 2 users
Can I ask where you decided to go? Remember you commenting that BCM was your #1.
Sorry, I think you might have me confused with someone else! I never said BCM was my #1, although it has definitely been one of my top choices! I ended up choosing UTSW

Reactions: 3 users
Will we get official notice of being waitlisted or does Baylor just not do that hahah

Reactions: 1 users
It’s all part of the game guys. If we don’t develop stress ulcers, how can we empathize with our patients who have severe GI pain?

Reactions: 5 users
I interviewed the first day in August and there has been n o t h i n g

maybe i hallucinated going

I'm here with you bro. This has been my dream school since forever and today officially marks 250 days since our interview. Been a brutal 8 months

Reactions: 2 users
I'm here with you bro. This has been my dream school since forever and today officially marks 250 days since our interview. Been a brutal 8 months

on the plus side, you've got acceptances and you're a TX resident so you're going to be a doctor with like -$3 in debt

on the plus side, you've got acceptances and you're a TX resident so you're going to be a doctor with like -$3 in debt

Doesn't look too bleak for you either friend, you've got a T20 in the hand and still a great shot at a few T10s! :)

Received the waitlist email a few minutes ago! (Interviewed 1/4)

Waitlisted, interviewed 9/7

Waitlisted interviewed 8/24

Does this mean they filled their class already and the only way to get in is if someone relinquishes their spot?

Don’t understand because it doesn’t look like there have been any acceptances since Tuesday. Are there people who are going to get waitlisted today and then accepted Thursday or Friday?

Does everyone get waitlisted or does the email mean something

It seems that Baylor puts everyone on the waitlist on May 1st. From there, they fill spots as they open. I think in previous years people have been accepted a few days after being put on the waitlist.

EDIT: Found this on their website
What is Baylor College of Medicine's waitlist process?
After April 30 (AAMC national reply date), if the class is not full due to withdrawals/declines, the Admissions Deans present the non‐ranked waitlist to the Admissions Committee and a vote is taken to activate the waitlist and to give formal authorization to the Admissions Deans and a faculty co‐chair to collectively select candidates from the waitlist to fill the class. Selection will be aligned with the institution’s diversity goals.

So if we're accepted to a TMDSAS school already, is there no chance of an acceptance after May 15? Bc the wl email made it seem otherwise.

I have been waitlisted here. So, pretty much, I'm as good as in. I'll go ahead and sign a lease in H town today.

Reactions: 3 users