2017-2018 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone that was accepted no the proper thank you letter format do they like handwritten or emails to everybody individually

I just sent emails because it was quick and efficient. Either one is nice, but I personally thought the mailed thank you notes would take too long and the committe would have potentially already made a decision by then haha.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 9/22..I remember admissions saying they will call or send out decisions within two weeks. How soon did people hear? anyone hear a few days after? or even the next day? Or mostly at least a week out?

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed 9/22..I remember admissions saying they will call or send out decisions within two weeks. How soon did people hear? anyone hear a few days after? or even the next day? Or mostly at least a week out?
I was accepted within 10 days of my interview. I believe the admissions committee meets every other week on a Thursday if I am not mistaken.

13 days for me

I was interviewed on 9/12 and got the call on 9/18

It was exactly 10 days for me, which they said it would be. When my phone started ringing, I jumped up and ran to it lol.

I air b&b for 2 nights and rented a car. It came out to be cheaper, and gave me a chance to go around with the rental car. Explored the area to see if ARCOM would be the school to attend. Hehe

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone that interviewed 8/28 or later gotten the email with the actual information on how to pay the deposit, deadlines and stuff?

Has anyone that interviewed 8/28 or later gotten the email with the actual information on how to pay the deposit, deadlines and stuff?

Interviewed 08/22 and haven't received info on specific deposit information; however when I called them last week they said they would send out the info in the upcoming 2 weeks. I am guessing they are super busy with interviews these days :)

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone who interviewed on 8/22 get an email regarding CampusNexus SMTP Account with deposit info within the past few hours today?
It says we should have received info about logging into our MyARCOM but I haven't gotten that. Just wanted to see if anyone else has. Thanks!

Did anyone who interviewed on 8/22 get an email regarding CampusNexus SMTP Account with deposit info within the past few hours today?
It says we should have received info about logging into our MyARCOM but I haven't gotten that. Just wanted to see if anyone else has. Thanks!
Nope. I haven't gotten anything since the first email and acceptance letter.

This question may have been asked earlier, but for those who have interviewed, did you mail thank you cards or send emails to all the staff? Thanks in advance. I interviewed today, and was very impressed with the facilities, technology, and how welcome the staff made me feel. Look forward to hearing back from them.

This question may have been asked earlier, but for those who have interviewed, did you mail thank you cards or send emails to all the staff? Thanks in advance. I interviewed today, and was very impressed with the facilities, technology, and how welcome the staff made me feel. Look forward to hearing back from them.
I never sent a thank you note and was accepted. I'm not sure that it matters too much, but it can never hurt I don't think. Perhaps if something significant happened in the interview?

Reactions: 1 users
I never sent a thank you note and was accepted. I'm not sure that it matters too much, but it can never hurt I don't think. Perhaps if something significant happened in the interview?
+1. I didn't send one, because I personally believe that that would be trying too hard.

Yes! I sent emails to Dr. Fudge, Mandy Keyes and the faculty that interviewed me. I wanted them to see them fast so sending written would take too long

Do you guys know the avg MCAT score for the inaugural class?

I interviewed on 9/15 and have not heard anything yet. Is it too early to start worrying?

Did anyone receive an acceptance email but no phone call?

New to SDN and just wanting to help out my fellow applicants! I interviewed on August 22nd, and received a call accepting me on August 29th. My interview experience was a little different from others. I had an interviewer that continuously interrupted me mid answer to questions. At the time, I was very discouraged and thought that I would be receiving a rejection post interview. In hindsight, I think it was more of an interview tactic to see how I handle pressure/stress. Hope this helps people! Good luck!

Reactions: 8 users
New to SDN and just wanting to help out my fellow applicants! I interviewed on August 22nd, and received a call accepting me on August 29th. My interview experience was a little different from others. I had an interviewer that continuously interrupted me mid answer to questions. At the time, I was very discouraged and thought that I would be receiving a rejection post interview. In hindsight, I think it was more of an interview tactic to see how I handle pressure/stress. Hope this helps people! Good luck!

That sounds like a very good way to assess patience! Congrats on the acceptance!

Hey all,

I recently booked a non-refundable hotel room in Fort Smith for 10/09-10/10. However, I've been accepted to another school on the east coast and do not plan on interviewing at ARCOM anymore. It's a Quality Inn 1 Bedroom non-smoking room. I figured this may help someone interviewing on the 10th If they have not already made accommodations.

So I received the email from ARCOM about deposits, login info the arcom portal, and what not (got my acceptance call on 8/29) but I noticed there are a bunch of forms under the my documents tab that are due in late October. I cannot find the forms to complete though? anyone have some insight on this?

So I received the email from ARCOM about deposits, login info the arcom portal, and what not (got my acceptance call on 8/29) but I noticed there are a bunch of forms under the my documents tab that are due in late October. I cannot find the forms to complete though? anyone have some insight on this?

I am on the same boat. I also got the call on 8/29 and received the link to pay deposit, etc. But none of the forms are downloadable or viewable. I think they may be waiting for a time when they make them accessible? I tried changing browsers and even downloaded the most recent version of Adobe. So I am guessing they are not accessible yet. I think it might be wise to wait a week or so and then email/contact them if they are still not viewable.

I interviewed 9/19, myself and 1 other interviewee that I became friends with got out acceptance call exactly 1 week after (9/26). Got a follow up email about sending deposit, etc 2 days later!!! It seems like they know who they want to accept when they send out invites (since the interview size is so small).So beyond pumped!!!!

They decide acceptances every two weeks so if you follow that schedule and schedule an interview date the week they meet for decisions then your suspense should be just about a week, instead of two or more!

They meet on Thursdays right? I interviewed 9/22 so not sure if the committee is going to meet the 28th or the 10/5, since I am not sure if they met the 9/21 or not. Anyone get acceptances within the last week?

They meet on Thursdays right? I interviewed 9/22 so not sure if the committee is going to meet the 28th or the 10/5, since I am not sure if they met the 9/21 or not. Anyone get acceptances within the last week?
My acceptance call came on a Monday at 5:00pm ET. I don't think they said what day the admissions committee meets but I do remember them saying it was every two weeks.

I believe they will meet on 10/5, based on some other acceptance timelines I've seen.

Did anyone who was accepted receive the link to the portal and are any of the forms viewable/downloadable?
Thanks!

Contacted them less than 30 minutes ago. They said that they will be sending out information for deposits and portal access in the next few weeks. I was accepted in August and never received anything except my call/email/official letter of acceptance, so I got a bit antsy. She said if you're accepted before November, you have until December 14th to put down a deposit and any forms were quick and would only take a few minutes to fill out. She told me not to start worrying about my vaccines yet, but if I did want to get a jump start on them I could.

Contacted them less than 30 minutes ago. They said that they will be sending out information for deposits and portal access in the next few weeks. I was accepted in August and never received anything except my call/email/official letter of acceptance, so I got a bit antsy. She said if you're accepted before November, you have until December 14th to put down a deposit and any forms were quick and would only take a few minutes to fill out. She told me not to start worrying about my vaccines yet, but if I did want to get a jump start on them I could.

Awesome. Thanks for sharing! I have a feeling that they might just be busy with interviews and trying to get the acceptances/notices out. Thanks once again!

Is there a thread for accepted students to ARCOM for this cycle? Maybe having that would be useful so we pose our questions to those who are accepted and don't get the other people who are waiting for interviews nervous with our questions.

Is there a thread for accepted students to ARCOM for this cycle? Maybe having that would be useful so we pose our questions to those who are accepted and don't get the other people who are waiting for interviews nervous with our questions.
The last class made a Facebook page for their whole class. An idea if any of you committing would like to make the one for next years class!

Just wanted to let y’all know I interviewed 9/19 and got an acceptance call Monday 9/25! Still haven’t got a letter or email though! Kinda freaks me out. Anyway awesome place and can’t wait to start next year! I’m going here for sure.

Reactions: 9 users
I can only speak for myself because I just don't know specific scores, I only know what they've disclosed and that is that the class is competitive with other osteopathic students. I was very grateful, however, that they ended up looking beyond the scores because my MCAT was very low but had a great GPA (above average), heavy and competitive undergrad courses, lots of ECs, great LORs, and a really good personal statement. I think the personal statement is one of the most important aspects of your app because it really gives them their first impression as to whether or not you fit their mission

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Student of the inaugural class here as well. AMA.

Many of my colleagues were sub-500 MCAT...Doesn't seem to be reflected in their performances in school (a few of these are in the top 10% of the class in terms of current anatomy grades)
We have a few high MCAT scores too (511+)...

I noticed a large portion of the class completed at least 1 years of masters classes or an SMP.

If you have any genuine interest in this school (helix curriculum, etc) APPLY. The administration picks up on this pretty well.

The thing I loved most about ARCOM after interviewing last Friday is just how passionate and dedicated they are to developing community minded physicians. The facilities were great, I liked the academic structure, and the fact that they have a phase II of their housing project coming for the next class is a real one up for my fiancée and I. Fort Smith is also a very nice, serene town with lots of good places to eat and a good proximity to some natural attractions. However, I am kind of worried about residency connections and how they will pan out. All in all, though, it seems like a great school!

I am a current student here.

Everything about this program is meant to push its students to excel during rotations and residency. With the senior leadership's connections, and the community support the inaugural class has received at every opportunity, I am not the least worried about there being a lack of residency opportunities.