2017-2018 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ACCEPTED!!! Got the call today, I'm so excited and relieved. I interviewed 8/29.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Someone said earlier that 150 is the class size, so the actual acceptance number is much higher

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

150 class size which means they accept more than double that number to fully secure the full class. Especially since it's a new school, so I'd guess they accept anywhere between 250-350 people.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
When did you interview?

Interviewed on sept 1st and i have a sub 125 on CARS.. they do look more on the overall student application, they want to see if You fit to their mission statement. I have a very unique background to the underserved community. And english is not my primary language.

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed on sept 1st and i have a sub 125 on CARS.. they do look more on the overall student application, they want to see if You fit to their mission statement. I have a very unique background to the underserved community. And english is not my primary language.
Love it!!!!

Hey! Just out of curiosity where are you getting these stats from? That does not seem too promising if one receives an II lol

When I went there to interview, they said "class size is around 150 but since we've only had one class its hard to tell you what will happen this next cycle". I would say that article you found is pretty accurate. They interview and accept more people then other schools around the same class size as them simply because there school is so new. They want to make sure they have enough students for a full class.

When I went there to interview, they said "class size is around 150 but since we've only had one class its hard to tell you what will happen this next cycle". I would say that article you found is pretty accurate. They interview and accept more people then other schools around the same class size as them simply because there school is so new. They want to make sure they have enough students for a full class.
Cool thanks for the input!

Congratulations to those getting acceptances! Has anyone who interviewed last Tuesday, 9/5, received a phone call?

Hey everyone, I was wondering if someone who interviewed can give some feedback on how the stress level for the day was? I have interview here soon and was wondering if it was MMI based or traditional format as well as how many people interviewed you? Thanks!
Interviewed in August and accepted here last week! Stress level is wicked low. You will fall in love with the staff, the mission, and the college. They ensure that you are feeling comfortable by the time of your interview. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone here applied to UIWSOM? I can't find the thread for 2017-2018 UIWSOM, and I'm wondering if anyone here has applied and heard back for interviews? I have an interview here, but UIW is my top choice so I'm getting worried because I submitted my secondary a month ago. Thanks for the help.

Has anyone here applied to UIWSOM? I can't find the thread for 2017-2018 UIWSOM, and I'm wondering if anyone here has applied and heard back for interviews? I have an interview here, but UIW is my top choice so I'm getting worried because I submitted my secondary a month ago. Thanks for the help.
Inbox

Questions for those that interviewed:
-did you have a writing prompt in addition to the interview?
-were you able to see the sim and anatomy labs?
-did anyone tour the student housing that was built this year?
-were the OMS-Is avail to talk during the visit?
-heels or flats?

Thank you!
1) I don't think so.
2) I saw the sim labs but the anatomy were used by the first year students, so unfortunately, I did not see it but you could see it. (The sim labs were really cool)
3) I did not.
4) They were not for me because they were getting ready for their first examination
5) Whatever makes you comfortable but I advise you to wear flats.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been wondering the same thing tbh! Let me know if u find something out... I'm from Texas I'd love to go there

I've been wondering the same thing tbh! Let me know if u find something out... I'm from Texas I'd love to go there

It's there. Search harder.

But for now:
I got an interview invite from UIWSOM on 8/12 (scheduled for 9/22, but since then I have cancelled).

I submitted my primary in May and submitted my secondary in late June. Not a TX resident but am from Southern United States.

Questions for those that interviewed:
-did you have a writing prompt in addition to the interview?
-were you able to see the sim and anatomy labs?
-did anyone tour the student housing that was built this year?
-were the OMS-Is avail to talk during the visit?
-heels or flats?

Thank you!

1. Yes, my 8/15 group did.
2. Only the sim labs; 10/10
3. Didn't tour, but I have an OMS-1 friend that lives in them, and I actually crashed at his place the night before the interview. They are very nice.
4. For us, they were able to talk briefly before their OMM lab near the conclusion of the day.
5. I dunno. I am a guy.

Some additional info:
For their inaugural class, they interviewed about 500. I'm not sure how many they accepted, but it was obviously not enough because they went through their entire wait-list, and they even pulled some people back that they previously flat-out rejected.

For this year, no stats are available, but I'm guessing around 800 completed interviews with about 300 offers. Usually new schools have numbers around this. I would assume ARCOM is no different.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
UIW is also my top choice. I'm in the same boat as you are, haven't heard back yet and was completed about a month ago.

Has anyone that interviewed on 9/5 got a call or letter of acceptance yet?

Interviewed 9-1. Still waiting for something. Has anyone gotten rejected or waitlisted from that date? Tks

Interviewed 9-1. Still waiting for something. Has anyone gotten rejected or waitlisted from that date? Tks
I interviewed on 9/8 and they told me they would be reviewing applications the following Friday. As in tomorrow.. so hopefully we will all hear back tomorrow or next week!

Reactions: 2 users
For those who got accepted earlier, when did you get a mail letter and/or an email? I want to know when to pay for the deposit... Anyone?

For those who got accepted earlier, when did you get a mail letter and/or an email? I want to know when to pay for the deposit... Anyone?

I was in the first group interviewed, and I got an email reiterating their offer about a week after the phone call. The actual letter came about half a week later; it pretty much said the same thing. So far, I still haven't received any details about deposit, deadlines, etc.

Update
So, i interviewed 9/1, accepted 9/12 (phone call), another congratulations/look forward to more instructions 9/15 (Mandy Keyes email).

Hey all,

Congrats on all the acceptances and good luck to those with scheduled IIs.

I know it is later in the cycle, but I just received a secondary invitation from this school. I am just about finished with it, but I had a quick question regarding the question that asks if I have ever been charged with a misdemeanor/ felony. So I have been given several traffic tickets in the past, but none have been marked as a misdemeanor, just a moving infraction, should I answer yes or no on this question? Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!!

Hey all,

I know it is later in the cycle, but I just received a secondary invitation from this school. I am just about finished with it, but I had a quick question regarding the question that asks if I have ever been charged with a misdemeanor/ felony. So I have been given several traffic tickets in the past, but none have been marked as a misdemeanor, just a moving infraction, should I answer yes or no on this question? Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!!
I would say no to this question unless any of those tickets were for serious offenses such as reckless driving or DUI. I'm not too familiar with what is considered misdemeanor/felony but I would say as long as you have done nothing serious you should be able to say no.

I would say no to this question unless any of those tickets were for serious offenses such as reckless driving or DUI. I'm not too familiar with what is considered misdemeanor/felony but I would say as long as you have done nothing serious you should be able to say no.
Thank you so much!!

Hey all,

Thank you in advance!!
I actually called and they said any parking violations such as parking tickets just include them. She said they don't care about it, but the hospitals that take us for rotations can see all of the violations so we need to include it. I included my speeding ticket and got an interview.

I actually called and they said any parking violations such as parking tickets just include them. She said they don't care about it, but the hospitals that take us for rotations can see all of the violations so we need to include it. I included my speeding ticket and got an interview.
What if the ticket was 10+ years ago and not even on record anymore? Any idea? I honestly can't even remember the dates of any tickets because I was a teenager.

Hey, people that already interviewed. Where did you guys stay and how did you guys commute there? I am traveling from NYC, interviewing on Oct/10 and not sure what day should i fly in?

Hey, people that already interviewed. Where did you guys stay and how did you guys commute there? I am traveling from NYC, interviewing on Oct/10 and not sure what day should i fly in?
I stayed at Hampton, seemed like a lot of people in the group I interviewed with stayed at Home2 . They all provide free shuttle from airport to their hotels and they can take you the school as well, they're pretty nice.

Anyone else interviewing on Oct 6?

I'm super anxious and keep going over my interview answers in my head... definitely freaking out
Do not be anxious! It's a super chill interview and the first two hours really calms your anxiety down. Just be honest and be yourself.

Based on what people have said in this thread, I priced flights to Tulsa, Fayetteville and Fort Smith. Initially, flights were cheapest to Tulsa and most expensive to Fort Smith, but rental cars were $100+ from Tulsa. A week later, I found a deal to Fort Smith that was cheaper than flights elsewhere. Even better, if I stay an extra night, the flight price goes down by $100. I booked a room at Home2 as well and was also told that they provide shuttle to/from the airport and ARCOM. The ARCOM rate is slightly higher than you'll find it on Kayak/Expedia (by ~6 dollars), but the hotel told me that they can only make changes to your stay if you book directly. They were extremely customer friendly and accommodating.

Hope that helps.

I'm super anxious and keep going over my interview answers in my head... definitely freaking out

+1 to what Tempo said. Interviews are a serious thing, but it will be the most relaxed interview process you will have. They are very informative and welcoming. You'll love the whole day.

+1 to what Tempo said. Interviews are a serious thing, but it will be the most relaxed interview process you will have. They are very informative and welcoming. You'll love the whole day.
No I already interviewed and I keep thinking about my answers to the questions they asked!!

No I already interviewed and I keep thinking about my answers to the questions they asked!!
Oh I see. Don't worry about it. I think about the same thing. I haven't received anything yet and I interviewed on August 25th. Trust me, don't stress out too much about it because you did your best and talked about of what you thought on that day.

Ah, I didn't see your post about interviewing 9/8...I thought you meant prepping for interview questions. I'm on the same roller coaster of emtotions as you. Hopefully good news comes in a week! Or less :xf:

Ah, I didn't see your post about interviewing 9/8...I thought you meant prepping for interview questions. I'm on the same roller coaster of emtotions as you. Hopefully good news comes in a week! Or less :xf:
I hope so!

Yeah, I applied and are Interviewing at UIWSOM on 9/23. The only up to date thread Ive found is titled: 2017-2018 University of the Incarnate word school of osteopathic med I think it did take a while to hear from them. Good Luck!.

If anyone wants to do dinner Monday night, I am staying at the Hampton Inn. I also will have a rental car so I can give a ride to ARCOM in the morning, just pm me :)

Got my acceptance call today!! Interviewed on 9/8, acceptance call on 9/18

Reactions: 4 users