2017-2018 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
We haven't yet. They want us to wait until we are more established in our studies before we do that. I agree with that though. I liked the exams. I'm sure there are students who disagree with me though. There have been some issues to be sure but that's not an uncommon thing with a new program and anyone who attends a new program should just expect that.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Agree with bethygean. Also: exams are very clinically focused.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
This is my first choice school after my visit!!

Reactions: 3 users
Can someone who interviewed elaborate a little more on the writing prompt? Or can you at least DM me about it. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
No one got an acceptance call today right lol? Getting real anxious waiting

Can someone who interviewed elaborate a little more on the writing prompt? Or can you at least DM me about it. Thanks.
Haha its seriously no big deal at all! Its after Dr. Fudge does some intros and ours was literally like "take 2 minutes to list the three most important characteristics of a doctor to you."

Haha its seriously no big deal at all! Its after Dr. Fudge does some intros and ours was literally like "take 2 minutes to list the three most important characteristics of a doctor to you."

My prompt was different. I would guess that they cycle through a number of different prompts instead of using the same one every time.

Interviewed on 9/1 and got the email to activate the school account. This has a list of deadlines and payments dues.
Anyone has immunizations and background checks due Nov 1st, 2017?

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed on 9/1 and got the email to activate the school account. This has a list of deadlines and payments dues.
Just received mine as well, and I have all of the same things due by November 1rst.

They're starting to call with acceptances. I got mine today!

Reactions: 4 users
I got the email yesterday, and have all the same things due by 11/1. Are there forms we download and have filled out? Or do we have to just upload a generic form from our doc verifying we've had the proper immunizations/TB test/ etc.?

Members don't see this ad :)
@jlj9745 they meet once a week I think they said on Fridays. They interview twice a week though so I'm sure they don't get to everybody from the week in each meeting. They said it takes 10-14 days to get a phone call if you're accepted. If you are waitlisted or rejected you have to wait for snail mail.

I got the email yesterday, and have all the same things due by 11/1. Are there forms we download and have filled out? Or do we have to just upload a generic form from our doc verifying we've had the proper immunizations/TB test/ etc.?
i was accepted 1st week of sep. and havent gotten the email yet.

For those that interviewed here already, is the interview open file or closed file?

Interviewed 9/26 and got an acceptance call today. (7 days)

Reactions: 2 users

Good point, anyone knows? Or should we go to the doctor and be like, "hi doctor, i got into medical school and i need clearance such as physical exam.. blah blah and can i get the visit report?"

Any clues?

I just emailed Mrs. Keyes to find out about this. My list of documents are due by 10/27 and I haven't been able to find any of them on their website or the portal. Ill let you know what she says in the response.

Good point, anyone knows? Or should we go to the doctor and be like, "hi doctor, i got into medical school and i need clearance such as physical exam.. blah blah and can i get the visit report?"

Any clues?

I emailed them and they said the forms are not viewable yet and they are working on fixing the deadlines. They will send us an email with further instructions on how to proceed with the forms and deposit.

I emailed them and they said the forms are not viewable yet and they are working on fixing the deadlines. They will send us an email with further instructions on how to proceed with the forms and deposit.

just got the same response in an email

i was accepted 1st week of sep. and havent gotten the email yet.
I called them to ask when I should be getting an email or letter, and about 2 minutes after I got off the phone I received 2 emails from them. Maybe when I called they just decided to send it right then. Worth a shot. They said letters are in the mail, but I’m fairly local and haven’t gotten one yet.

I called them to ask when I should be getting an email or letter, and about 2 minutes after I got off the phone I received 2 emails from them. Maybe when I called they just decided to send it right then. Worth a shot. They said letters are in the mail, but I’m fairly local and haven’t gotten one yet.
i mean the email with all the details about the deposit and background check and stuff.

I'm just going to wait. The deposit is not due until December so I can't imagine we would have to submit documents before that date.

We don't. I called yesterday and Mandy told me this is a glitch, the computer set everything up for 30 days from the date of acceptance. She said we would get emails in January about these things that are due and exact due dates and to ignore all the due dates before that - well other than the deposit date of course.

The last class made a Facebook page for their whole class. An idea if any of you committing would like to make the one for next years class!
That sounds like a wonderful idea! A facebook page would be so much easier to navigate.

Just wanted to let y’all know I interviewed 9/19 and got an acceptance call Monday 9/25! Still haven’t got a letter or email though! Kinda freaks me out. Anyway awesome place and can’t wait to start next year! I’m going here for sure.

I was accepted on 9/18 and like you, cannot wait to start next year! It felt really good to get the physical letter in the mail, I still get it down and read it :)

Reactions: 5 users
For those that were accepted did any of you not receive a call and got an acceptance letter in the mail. I interviewed 9/22 and still have not gotten a call. I guess I still have today and tomorrow for it to be two weeks, but I would think that they wouldn't wait longer than two weeks to call someone with an acceptance (they said 10-14 days I think to hear back if I recall correctly).

For those that were accepted did any of you not receive a call and got an acceptance letter in the mail. I interviewed 9/22 and still have not gotten a call. I guess I still have today and tomorrow for it to be two weeks, but I would think that they wouldn't wait longer than two weeks to call someone with an acceptance (they said 10-14 days I think to hear back if I recall correctly).
I received a call 6 days after my interview, but still have yet to receive an official letter. I interviewed 16 days ago. Hopefully the letter gets here in the next day or two. I wouldn’t fret if you have a letter, In my opinion that’s better than a call. Whether you have a letter, call, email, or whatever I think you’re good.

Anybody else interviewing on 10/13? Getting super anxious now!

I received a call 6 days after my interview, but still have yet to receive an official letter. I interviewed 16 days ago. Hopefully the letter gets here in the next day or two. I wouldn’t fret if you have a letter, In my opinion that’s better than a call. Whether you have a letter, call, email, or whatever I think you’re good.
Well apparently I didn't get accepted because it has been 14 days now and I haven't received a call. I was wondering if anyone got accepted without a call and only got an acceptance letter in the mail, but I guess that doesn't happen

does this school do silent rejections? I applied with primary in june and havent heard anything back as of yet. Canadian here :(

Well apparently I didn't get accepted because it has been 14 days now and I haven't received a call. I was wondering if anyone got accepted without a call and only got an acceptance letter in the mail, but I guess that doesn't happen
You could possibly get a waitlist letter around the 2 week mark. Keep your head up.

i interviewed on the 22nd and just got the waitlist letter today fyi

i interviewed on the 22nd and just got the waitlist letter today fyi
oh nice where were you from? I was the guy from NJ black suit haha i am hoping that i dont get the rejection later but i heard rejection letters post interview are more rare than waitlist unless you really bombed the interview but ill see

oh nice where were you from? I was the guy from NJ black suit haha i am hoping that i dont get the rejection later but i heard rejection letters post interview are more rare than waitlist unless you really bombed the interview but ill see
I'm from California. I think I remember you. You're a chiropractor, right? I was sitting sort of close to you in the conference room.

Cancelled my interview for 10/13/2017... in case someone wants to reschedule theirs for a sooner date.

Last year they went through the whole waitlist so don't be too discouraged if you do end up with a waitlist decision. There's still hope!

Last year they went through the whole waitlist so don't be too discouraged if you do end up with a waitlist decision. There's still hope!
That ship sailed lol i got rejected. I don't think that I was a good fit really I am not looking to practice rural medicine and live in Arkansas so I guess it makes sense. Four more interviews to go! Gotta keep my head up

That ship sailed lol i got rejected. I don't think that I was a good fit really I am not looking to practice rural medicine and live in Arkansas so I guess it makes sense. Four more interviews to go! Gotta keep my head up
Four more interviews? lol I'll bet my first years tuition that you'll get in.

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone from the 10/6 interview date get notified yet? Getting a little antsy!

I interviewed on 10/3 and they told us 7-10 days. We should start hearing something tomorrow I think.

With the 6th being two business days ago and a Friday, it's likely they won't decide on yours until later this week or the end of next week. Don't stress out yet!