2017-2018 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlteredScale

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.
Please post the essays or lack thereof (in addition to word or character counts) in this thread and tag one of the pre-DO mods (AlteredScale, bacchus, or chizledfrmstone) so we can update the OP.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm confused. I got an email saying that my app is under review but there's no secondary link. Do they not have a secondary?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm confused. I got an email saying that my app is under review but there's no secondary link. Do they not have a secondary?
I got the same email. I think it's just a notification and nothing more. Their secondary is apparently just needing you to pay a fee and they'll run a background check.

I think they send the "secondary link" when they're ready to extend an II. I got the link and then got an II the next day

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yeah I got the same email 2 weeks ago (on Jun 21) and still have not received a secondary link email. Kind of worried.

Does anyone know if this school is FAFSA eligible this year? Or is it like BCOM where we would have to take out private loans?

They're a little bit behind this year. I called their office a little while back, and their primary focus right now is getting things ready for their inaugural class that's coming in in one month.

I assume they'll get to the next class' application material after that.

Reactions: 1 users
Anybody else receive a secondary just now?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary! I’m out shopping, but I’ll post the prompts when I get the chance.

I just gave it a quick glance, but I actually didn’t see any essays on the secondary. Just fill in your info and any volunteer experiences. Someone can correct me if I missed something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got secondary! But what is Q.36 mean?
"Please list any higher education not previously submitted on your AACOMAS application. Provide Institution name, dates attended, degree obtained/expected". Help?

I got secondary! But what is Q.36 mean?
"Please list any higher education not previously submitted on your AACOMAS application. Provide Institution name, dates attended, degree obtained/expected". Help?

They want you to list any university that you attended that you may not have disclosed on your AACOMAS for some reason. Even though I think there are repercussions for not listing all of them on AACOMAS to begin with.

They want you to list any university that you attended that you may not have disclosed on your AACOMAS for some reason. Even though I think there are repercussions for not listing all of them on AACOMAS to begin with.

I agree, even for Question 30:
"30. Volunteer Experience
Please add any significant volunteer, community service and/or mission experience not previously listed on your AACOMAS application. Provide the organization name, hours per week and duration of experience as well as a brief description of your involvement."

Why would you not list a significant volunteer experience in your AACOMAS?
I mean, I put all my volunteer experience in AACOMAS, So this section is pretty much blank as well... ANy thoughts?

I agree, even for Question 30:
"30. Volunteer Experience
Please add any significant volunteer, community service and/or mission experience not previously listed on your AACOMAS application. Provide the organization name, hours per week and duration of experience as well as a brief description of your involvement."

Why would you not list a significant volunteer experience in your AACOMAS?
I mean, I put all my volunteer experience in AACOMAS, So this section is pretty much blank as well... ANy thoughts?

I left them both blank.

Reactions: 1 users
For Question 22-25... What if I went highschool in another country? it is not really applicable to me..... haha

Decided to submit my primary for ARCOM just now, hopefully I get a secondary soon enough

II! ARCOM’s admissions is super friendly incase anyone needs to speak with them!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Just got an interview email! Any one familiar with their interview process?

II! ARCOM’s admissions is super friendly incase anyone needs to speak with them!

Is today the first day ARCOM started sending out II's? Congrats !!!

I see you can fly directly into Fort Smith and there are shuttles. There were also some who flew into Tulsa and drove two hours to the school. Any thoughts on one versus the other? It's definitely cheaper to fly into Tulsa. But I'm not too familiar with the midwest so driving may be a questionable choice.

I see you can fly directly into Fort Smith and there are shuttles. There were also some who flew into Tulsa and drove two hours to the school. Any thoughts on one versus the other? It's definitely cheaper to fly into Tulsa. But I'm not too familiar with the midwest so driving may be a questionable choice.

XNA is closer and cheaper if you can fly allegiant

What was the format? MMI? Panel?
What sorts of questions do they ask?

Thanks!!

We had a tbl exercise and our individual interviews had two interviewers. They asked those pretty generic questions and really built the other questions off of your conversation

@bethygean Do you mind explaining what drew you to ARCOM and what your favorite part is?

They said they are handing out secondaries chronologically based on when they received your primary.

Last edited:
@bethygean Do you mind explaining what drew you to ARCOM and what your favorite part is?

For me it was primarily because of location. I live in NWA already so this enables my husband to keep his current job. The facility is really nice though and there are tons of resources for students.

how long is the turn around between submitting primaries and getting the secondary?

@hopingforawin I was verified on the 16th of June and received a secondary on the 21st of July.

got my first II yeah boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

15-longest-yeah-boy.w1200.h630.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 users
Submitted secondary on the 22nd, completed at 10am today, II at noon. cGPA 3.3 sgpa 3.35 mcat 509

Submitted on the 21st, completed this morning before the II. cGPA 3.45 sGPA 3.3 MCAT 504

i'm new around here and confused... what is II? is it interview or secondaries? lol Thank you!

For people with II, when did you guys submit your secondary and receive complete email? As well as what are your stats like?
I submitted my secondary a week ago and got the email this morning.

Stats:
GPA: 3.58
MCAT: 495 (LOL) but however, my experiences in the medical field/ letters/ personal statement or whatever probably made them forget that I had a terrible MCAT score

Reactions: 6 users