2017-2018 A.T. Still University - Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine (ATSU-KCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm FREAKING OUT! I've submitted my application ages ago and I haven't heard ANYTHING. Not an II not a rejection. :(
When did you turn in your secondary?

Members don't see this ad.

I've been complete since July 5th and have heard nothing. Don't freak out.

Members don't see this ad :)
II! Submitted ages ago (July), but due to a missing LOR, I was not complete until 09/14. LizzyM of ~69, OOS, ORM. I'm so excited to interview here! :)

Accepted!!!! Yahoooooooooo
congrats on your acceptance! that's awesome! I am interviewing here on 10/27 and wondering if you could give a little feedback about your experience and interview. I've seen one post that said it was very laid back, do you feel the same? and is it open or closed file? any info and interview suggestions you could give would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted!!! Got the call this morning :)

congrats on your acceptance! that's awesome! I am interviewing here on 10/27 and wondering if you could give a little feedback about your experience and interview. I've seen one post that said it was very laid back, do you feel the same? and is it open or closed file? any info and interview suggestions you could give would be greatly appreciated!

Congrats!! See you in July :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it too late to apply for secondary here?

anyone know the pre-clinical grading system? P/F. A-F, %? And are students ranked?
If I remember correctly from my interview, KCOM uses letter grades (A-F) and students are ranked in quartiles.

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrew my interview today. Best of luck to whoever gets it!

Silly me posted in the wrong ATSU thread...but I got an II on 10/2, after being complete on 9/26! Even stranger, I jumped straight to December dates and decided to backtrack to October and November, just in case, and there was an opening on 10/16! So I will be interviewed just two weeks after my II, and I am completely baffled and very surprised!

I just canceled my interview here for Monday. I received an acceptance from my top school. Best of luck to everyone that's waiting, I'm sure you'll hear back soon!

Does anyone know how campus housing work? Are they apartments or more dorm like? For instance if I have a family, would I be able to get student housing for my significant other and I? Would I have to notify the school ahead of time or how does that work? Thanks!

Just wanted to say hi to my potential future classmates! I was accepted last cycle but as "accepted pending a seat" which means ill be starting with some of you july 2018!

Same here, guys. I've been complete about a month ago and still haven't heard anything. My stats are right around the averages for this school so idk
I've been complete since August 2nd and no word either.

Interviewing here on 10/23! Can't wait!

What are your individual numbers of GPA and MCAT, if you don't mind I ask?
They're pretty low to be honest I didn't expect much, but I already had 1 interview at Lucom, one ii at LECOM,and 2 MD interview invites. My stats are: ugpa 3.09 gradgpa 3.8 and mcat 499

They're pretty low to be honest I didn't expect much, but I already had 1 interview at Lucom, one ii at LECOM,and 2 MD interview invites. My stats are: ugpa 3.09 gradgpa 3.8 and mcat 499
Sounds like it was good enough to get your foot in the door! I'm betting you have some great extra curricular activities on your application. :)

Sounds like it was good enough to get your foot in the door! I'm betting you have some great extra curricular activities on your application. :)
I mean I do have over 2500 hours of volunteer clinical work in an underserved community so maybe that's what caught their eye. Either way I am very grateful.

Accepted Friday afternoon, interviewed 9/22

Withdrew my II this morning. Best of luck to the rest of you!

Just wanted to ask everyone accepted whether you received a phone call or an email informing you about your acceptance?
Phone call, and they said an acceptance package comes via email

Received an interview invite today after turning in my secondary yesterday...I find it a little sketchy! Any thoughts?
Stats: cGPA: 3.87
sGPA: 3.77
MCAT: 505
- Lots of hours shadowing MD and DO doctors. Worked for a DO and he wrote me letter of rec.

Received an interview invite today after turning in my secondary yesterday...I find it a little sketchy! Any thoughts?
- Lots of hours shadowing MD and DO doctors. Worked for a DO and he wrote me letter of rec.

Wow congrats! I've been complete since early August and haven't heard anything :/ I also have very similar stats as yours.

I applied with 3.57/3.44 and 499, complete late September, and received in II six days later, so I was completely surprised as well. Similar situation. A lot of DO exposure and clinical experience. When are you interviewing?

I applied with 3.57/3.44 and 499, complete late September, and received in II six days later, so I was completely surprised as well. Similar situation. A lot of DO exposure and clinical experience. When are you interviewing?
Earliest available date was December 7th. I wish it was sooner!

Any idea how fast accepted people get the email/mail packet post phone call?

Does anyone know how you withdraw, I dont see it anywhere on the portal. Im trying to hook one of you guys up with my interview but idk how

Does anyone know how you withdraw, I dont see it anywhere on the portal. Im trying to hook one of you guys up with my interview but idk how
I'm guessing you just email them and say you would like to withdraw your interview. Thanks for opening it up for us!

Withdrew my interview for mid November. Good luck everyone!

Any insight on the interview here? I like that this is the school that started it all and is so established. I submitted everything months ago but just got word this morning that my application was complete (They were waiting on a final MCAT) and then I got the II this afternoon.

Any insight on the interview here? I like that this is the school that started it all and is so established. I submitted everything months ago but just got word this morning that my application was complete (They were waiting on a final MCAT) and then I got the II this afternoon.

Very conversational. They do have a list of questions in front of them thast they go through. I really enjoyed 2/3 interviewers. My last one wasn't bad just slightly awkward. They are 30 minutes each. Wear comfortable shoes because it's a bit of a walk around campus. You do get to go through a museum tour and try on white coats.

So I'm admittedly a late applicant. BUT.... I turned in my secondary on 10/15 and received an II today! I'm so excited!

Very conversational. They do have a list of questions in front of them thast they go through. I really enjoyed 2/3 interviewers. My last one wasn't bad just slightly awkward. They are 30 minutes each. Wear comfortable shoes because it's a bit of a walk around campus. You do get to go through a museum tour and try on white coats.
Thanks, glad to hear it. How long does the entire interview day take? I know they have morning and afternoon slots and it looked like only 3 hours for each.

Thanks, glad to hear it. How long does the entire interview day take? I know they have morning and afternoon slots and it looked like only 3 hours for each.
It took the whole day because you have lunch with the afternoon group and tour the campus with them as well. I think probably around 3 the morning session was done. The afternoon group interviews after the tour. I was in the morning group.

It took the whole day because you have lunch with the afternoon group and tour the campus with them as well. I think probably around 3 the morning session was done. The afternoon group interviews after the tour. I was in the morning group.

I'm really excited to interview here. It seems like a great school. How's the attached hospital?

I'm really excited to interview here. It seems like a great school. How's the attached hospital?
I'm not sure you'll have to ask when you interview. I didn't get a chance to ask I was so focused on the interview lol. I know it sounds awful of me lol.