2016-2017 University of Southern California (Keck) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
we're also forgetting washu. the worst offender lol

Ouch, is this a post secondary screen? I'm pretty sure they don't screen before then.

Members don't see this ad.

Ouch, is this a post secondary screen? I'm pretty sure they don't screen before then.
yup! sorry, should have made that distinction. they just take the rest of our secondary $$$ before. much prefer the method of vandy and the UC club. at least you can save $80+

yup! sorry, should have made that distinction. they just take the rest of our secondary $$$ before. much prefer the method of vandy and the UC club. at least you can save $80+

No worries man. Yeah, I'm not expecting much lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an II! Complete 6/28. LizzyM ~75

Available dates:
Sept 27, 28
October 11, 12, and 14

Keck, we've been playing this game for far too long. You know I want you. I think you want me, too. Now while you haven't extended me with an II yet, you also haven't rejected me. Let's drop the facade and get this rendezvous underway already. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Reactions: 16 users

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Received Interview Invite.

II: Received: 7/6, Submitted 7/27, Cali Resident, Lizzy M 73, Veteran, Very unusual background.

For all the non-trads out there, keep you head up!

7/27??? Same here. Looks like I'll be refreshing my email every 5 seconds all night.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Rejected, secondary complete 7/27. LizzyM 72.
Reapplicant, interviewed there 2 years ago.

Rejected. LizzyM ~69-72 USC Alumni and IS. My B.S. degree was actually one of two undergraduate degrees issued by the Keck School of Medicine. Good Luck to all you guys!

Complete on 7/10, application still under review :/

Members don't see this ad :)
rejected yesterday

513 MCAT, 3.97 masters gpa, lower ugpa, OOS, reapplicant, complete 6/26

:( best of luck with the rest of your cycle!

Thank you. I have an interview invite so far, so I can't complain. I think what is good for me is that I am at peace with whatever outcome this cycle brings, one way or the other. I won't be going through this process again.

Just rejected. Secondary in 08/02, LizzyM 72, USC alumni.

Interviewed last year. Looks like they didn't like what they saw.

I've been complete since 6/30 and have total silence. Keck you such a tease.

I'd rather just be rejected now than, oh I don't know, three months later haha :dead:

I'd rather just be rejected now than, oh I don't know, three months later haha :dead:
Seriously. I went through this process last year and I was amazed at how many schools just put my application aside and waited till the very end of the cycle to reject me.

I've been complete since 6/30 and have total silence. Keck you such a tease.

Same!! Haha it's totally killing me.
Honestly this process is inscrutable! Haven't heard from any of the schools I submitted secondaries to back in June, but I've gotten IIs less than 2 weeks after submitting to schools wayyy later (like end of July).

Verified 16/8, secondary received same day, submitted yesterday (18/8) and already my status is "Your application is complete and under review at this time." Did everyone's go straight to under review?

Verified 16/8, secondary received same day, submitted yesterday (18/8) and already my status is "Your application is complete and under review at this time." Did everyone's go straight to under review?
It means they've received your LoR and secondary. That's how it's supposed to be.

Rejected a few days ago. Complete a few days after secondaries opened. Not at all surprised by this though. They interviewed 0 out of 298 internationals so not sure why I even applied here haha. IIs at three of my four top choices so not too bummed. LizzM ~70; ORM; non-trad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
II just now!

Submitted 7/27, IS (although not sure how much this matters here, if at all). First available interview dates were in mid-October

"Keck, you there? I messaged you awhile ago and never got a response"

"New phone, who dis?"

"Oh. It's GrumpyGus... Remember? From that one night? Well, let me know if you want to meet up again."

"K."

Reactions: 13 users
Rejected last week, also a re-applicant. It seems from what I've seen in this thread a lot of re-aps are getting rejected fairly quickly. Does Keck look at re-aps unfavorably?

II received today (almost an hour ago)!!! So so so so so super excited. This school is such a reach for me. LizzyM 67, IS, URM. Earliest interview dates were mid-October.

Congrats you guys! Mind sharing complete date? :D

Would you say USC does heavy GPA screening? Or is there screening mainly MCAT and ECs?

Woahh Congrats! That would mean a one day turnaround!! Unless you meant 7/23.

Yes a one day turnaround, which is utterly unbelievable. I'm still afraid it was just an accident or something lol

Last edited:
Just receiving my rejection email. Pretty disappointed.

Rejection email just now, first of the season for me
:-/

Does anyone know what the extra essay prompts are if we apply MD/MPH? I applied for MD but am considering adding the MPH track.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users