2016-2017 Texas A&M Health Science Center Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have just received an interview invitation for the Bryan campus. This is my second time applying, and it looks like I paid my secondary fee on the 19th of July, so I assume I was complete around then. My LizzyM is around ~66 but I have an unusual transcript and am a nontraditional student. I have an MS from A&M and a long family history of Aggies, so I'm pretty excited for this opportunity.
Congratulations!!! I really pray you get accepted!!

Members don't see this ad.

I have just received an interview invitation for the Bryan campus. This is my second time applying, and it looks like I paid my secondary fee on the 19th of July, so I assume I was complete around then. My LizzyM is around ~66 but I have an unusual transcript and am a nontraditional student. I have an MS from A&M and a long family history of Aggies, so I'm pretty excited for this opportunity.

Congrats! I'm excited for you. Wow! You deserve this shot. Make the most of this opportunity, I know you will.

Just as a side note- I don't know if your profile picture is a stock photo or not, but coupled with mentioning your statistics and your picture, I would change your profile picture to retain anonymity. The internet is a creepy place sometimes, unfortunately. Having a generic profile picture is a safeguard against harassment, identification, etc.

Just got my II yesterday! Lizzy M ~71, IS (but graduated OOS), ORM. I'm scheduled for the 15th, anyone else?

Also, how was interview day for everyone who just came back?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm excited about things moving along for those that got II. Give me a rejection letter already, don't play with my heart A&M :*).

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if the interviews are here open file or closed file?

Received a II today! Interviewed here last year. PM me if you have any specific questions.

Nice! This got me thinking though. I wonder if IIs are sent out automatically all at the same instances from a generated list or are they being sent by one of the staff memberd manually. I'm wondering because if cdal325 received his II today, that means don't stay up wondering about any emails later?

Anyone here applying MD/PhD? My application in the admissions portal still says pending even though I submitted the secondary application and fee weeks ago. Is there anything else we need to do after submitting the secondary?

Anyone know how much the interview matters here? Didn't do too hot on this one :(

Got grilled with political questions and ethical questions one after the other. I must have been asked at least 7 per interviewer. I really loved the school too :/

Got grilled with political questions and ethical questions one after the other. I must have been asked at least 7 per interviewer. I really loved the school too :/
Wow! Did you just say you didn't know? That's ok, you know...

Members don't see this ad :)
What campus?

Real sorry to hear that happened. Chin up, it's said interviewees aren't often good gauges of how well they interviewed. Just see how it pans out!

I really pray it works out! I've (as I'm sure you have) heard of many who thought they bombed the interview but were among the first to be accepted! I pray you hear good news on November 15!

Can you remember any specific questions they asked you? Sorry if this is a sore subject, I'm sure you did better than you thought =)

How heavily does A&m prematch? I have my interview very soon, and it would take a lot of weight off of my shoulders if I heard something in Nov.

How heavily does A&m prematch? I have my interview very soon, and it would take a lot of weight off of my shoulders if I heard something in Nov.
Half of their acceptances come from outside the match if I remembee

Anyone know how much the interview matters here? Didn't do too hot on this one :(
A&M was my first interview and I did not sleep at all(literally 0 sleep) the night b4. I was super nervous and didn't have sleep. Blew the interview. I cringe every time I think about it.

A&M was my first interview and I did not sleep at all(literally 0 sleep) the night b4. I was super nervous and didn't have sleep. Blew the interview. I cringe every time I think about it.
I got super nervous during my interview as well. Idk if I was even coherent. :(

Can you remember any specific questions they asked you? Sorry if this is a sore subject, I'm sure you did better than you thought =)

I've been trying to remember for future interviews, but I think my brain wants those memories gone lol. I don't really remember any of the hard ones :/

I'm surprised my experience isn't the only one though. I wonder how much the interview plays into the final decision

Some of the questions they asked me are on the sdn interview feedback page for A&M. I think they have an extensive list of questions that each interviewer has to ask. Expect to get at least a couple of tough questions that will make you think in both interviews.

Some of the questions they asked me are on the sdn interview feedback page for A&M. I think they have an extensive list of questions that each interviewer has to ask. Expect to get at least a couple of tough questions that will make you think in both interviews.
can you link this?

Just click on "interview feedback" on the top of this page and search the school.
Wow, literally read this comment and just read through about 80 questions for a school I have a II coming up for. Was not aware of this part of SDN. Thank you!!!

Wow, literally read this comment and just read through about 80 questions for a school I have a II coming up for. Was not aware of this part of SDN. Thank you!!!
There are so many amazing things about SDN and this is one of the best hahaha

for anybody that interviewed here in late july/early august, has the school been added to your school preference rank page on tmdsas yet?

thanks just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me!

Where is the "school preference rank page" on TMDSAS?
It only shows up once the school indicates you have been interviewed (which took like 4 weeks before TCOM showed up for me)

Last edited:
Are there any current students that can give unique or special features of the school that set it apart? Or anybody who has interviewed already? I have an interview at Temple this Thursday. Thanks in advance.

Are there any current students that can give unique or special features of the school that set it apart? Or anybody who has interviewed already? I have an interview at Temple this Thursday. Thanks in advance.

I'm interviewing the same date as you, but I've done research based on friends/family friends of mine who have matriculated. I'd really look into the AIM Integrated Program curriculum, that's pretty unique.

That's awesome, congrats! When did you submit/was it a portal update or did ya get an email?

It was an email, complete end of July. So I wasn't aware there is a temple campus, is it just for clinicals or is the class split?

I'm not seeing a night before social at the temple interview, is this the case?

anyone got a fee waiver for the secondary based on AMCAS FEE-waiver status?

also , sorry , i'm so late to this, but anyone explain to me please bryan vs temple campus ? :OO
I thought there was only one campus in college station/bryan? :OO