2016-2017 Medical College of Georgia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When did we think more decisions would come out? Towards the end of the month?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed Feb 6, and they said sometime in March, after all the interviews were finished.

Reactions: 1 users
So I interviewed late November but havent heard a word. Is that probably a bad sign?

Last edited:
They said if you don't hear back you're technically on hold and will be brought up at future meetings until a decision is made

Anyone know how many more rounds of decisions they'll release before they establish a waitlist?

Does anyone have an idea of when immunization stuff would be due? I'll be abroad when I find out waitlist or accept and I don't want to have to rush back just for vaccines haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know how many more rounds of decisions they'll release before they establish a waitlist?
At my interview on Feb 6 they said all decisions will be made by March 15th for certain.

Ended up fairly impressed with this school. If I get in I'll def go, especially with the price tag. Hoping for good news in March!

Going off of last year's thread, we'll most likely hear back toward the end of next week +pissed+

Reactions: 3 users
Are you sure you didn't mean April 15th? That what I heard at my interview and it's on the admission website.
Well, the assistant dean said since March 15 is their AMCAS deadline to fill the seats, they were aiming for that deadline. Do you have a link to what you found online?

The AAMC recommends that:

4) (Change) By March 15 of the matriculation year, each school or program have issued a number of offers of acceptance at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and have reported those acceptance actions to the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS). This change aligns with other traffic rule date changes and provides the new name for the application services at the AAMC.
5) (Change) On or before April 30*, each school or program permit ALL applicants (except for EDP applicants):
a.minimum two-week time period for their response to the acceptance offer.
b. To hold acceptance offers or a wait list position from any other schools or programs without penalty (i.e. withholding funding support).

https://www.aamc.org/download/364264/data/2014trafficrules.pdf

Well, the assistant dean said since March 15 is their AMCAS deadline to fill the seats, they were aiming for that deadline. Do you have a link to what you found online?
yup

Just got the acceptance call!

Last edited:
Congrats to those accepted today! Are you IS?

Congrats to all those accepted today.:) .Interviewed early Dec still haven't hear anything..MCG is my top choice I'm really hoping and praying to get in..Hang in there guys soon the torture will be over..;)

So if they are giving out acceptances today, does that mean they are not going to send them out the typical end of month Fridays? I guess it would actually be next Wednesday if this year mirrors last year's acceptance dates.

So if they are giving out acceptances today, does that mean they are not going to send them out the typical end of month Fridays? I guess it would actually be next Wednesday if this year mirrors last year's acceptance dates.
I'm thinking next round of acceptances will be the last before the 15th deadline. Possible dates March 10-14 or even March 3. at this point it's only speculation don't quote me lol..:nono:

Do we have any idea of how many seats they have left?

For anyone still wondering I was just told that interviews are complete and that the committee is still meeting to fill the class and will keep meeting until it is full!

Reactions: 7 users
For anyone still wondering I was just told that interviews are complete and that the committee is still meeting to fill the class and will keep meeting until it is full!
How did you find that out? I called yesterday but got a pretty standard response of "we will contact everyone by April 1st."

How did you find that out? I called yesterday but got a pretty standard response of "we will contact everyone by April 1st."
I emailed the students that gave us a tour and some who are part of admissions

Reactions: 4 users
x0d4_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

Live look-in at EgyptianDOC123 doing some snooping

Reactions: 6 users
I am in misery, the silence is slowly killing me

MCG you really got me bad

Reactions: 9 users
I am in misery, the silence is slowly killing me

MCG you really got me bad
I liked this and felt it before i even realized it was a maroon 5 song. My brain is in such a constant anxious state. Cant even enjoy puns