2016-2017 Medical College of Georgia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dang I interviewed Dec. 1st also
I interviewed December 2nd. Not sure what to make of it but I don't think it's looking too good for me
We all need to get off this site, today someone I know from september got accepted and one from december...that should tell you a lot about the randomness. we can't bank too much on one person! promise. saying we should hopeful

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed mid-September, so I'm glad to at least read it's still possible to get an acceptance from the early interview dates.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone accepted that interviewed mid- December onwards?
It's hard to not be discouraged but we all have to remember this process is out of our hands and there are still many seats left to be filled!
Congratulations to all accepted today :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Got an email this morning that I was accepted! Interviewed 11/8

Reactions: 5 users
At this point I really regret getting involved with SDN in the first place.

Reactions: 13 users
I just spoke with someone from the MCG Admissions office on the phone. She informed me that Augusta University Student ID numbers and @augusta.edu email addresses should be sent out "between January and February" to those applicants who have been accepted and committed to matriculate.

Maybe February?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So another month of waiting before the next set of decisions?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any reason it wouldn't be when it's been their schedule all along?
You're right but I just hate the thought of waiting another month. This cycle has been long and unfruitful for me so far.

You're right but I just hate the thought of waiting another month. This cycle has been long and unfruitful for me so far.
I feel yah. I really need to know where and if I'm going to med school so I can stop putting the rest of my life on hold.

Reactions: 6 users
I don't understand why they send out decisions every month when the Adcom meets every week :bang::wtf:

Reactions: 3 users
quick question did anyone get a Criminal background check Email, before actually being waitlisted or accepted?

Last edited:
quick question did anyone get a Criminal background check Email, before actually being waitlisted or accepted?
Some schools do that not sure about mcg.. I got an acceptance last week from one of the schools I interviewed at ,a few days after they had sent me the criminal background email ..

Sooo is Georgia a "silent reject" school pre-II? Haven't heard anything post August and I'm pretty sure they're done with interviews, correct?

Sooo is Georgia a "silent reject" school pre-II? Haven't heard anything post August and I'm pretty sure they're done with interviews, correct?

Not sure about the "silent rejection" but I just called admissions and was told they are still sending out II invites and interviewing throughout February.

Reactions: 2 users
Not sure about the "silent rejection" but I just called admissions and was told they are still sending out II invites and interviewing throughout February.
Thanks for doing that. Hoping for some love!

I've been in the post interview wait for quite some time now, and was thinking about a letter of intent. Does anyone have any information regarding if MCG even takes letters of intent and/or when it would be best to submit it (in reference to only sending it after potentially being waitlisted)?

I've been in the post interview wait for quite some time now, and was thinking about a letter of intent. Does anyone have any information regarding if MCG even takes letters of intent and/or when it would be best to submit it (in reference to only sending it after potentially being waitlisted)?
I interviewed yesterday, and they said they were waiting to finish all the interviews before sending out the rest of the acceptances. They don't want to run out of seats before everyone is interviewed. The AMCAS deadline is March 15, so you will absolutely know your status by then.

Unless things have changed since last year, you have to send in any updates by December 1st. So they likely wouldn't read your letter of intent at this point, unfortunately.

Also, for those asking, there are only 3 interview dates left. I am not sure if they are full or not.

As far as silent rejections go, unless things have changed, they do not "silently reject." But they do wait until all IIs have been sent out to let you know that you will not get one.

"They don't want to run out of seats" .........are there only a small number of seats left?

"They don't want to run out of seats" .........are there only a small number of seats left?
I wouldn't read too much into things like this--there's no point of worrying. MCG has some waitlist movement, so they can't really run out of seats. Especially this much before the deadline to withdraw from multiple acceptances. I think they just mean to say they want to make sure everyone that is interviewed has a fair chance.

Yep, silence pre-II for me as well. Submitted in October--kinda late I know, but I was hospitalized for two weeks so I didn't get the opportunity to fill it out till after.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hey guys, long time lurker here :stop: Accepted in December! Just reaching out to ask if there is a Facebook page for accepted students? Trying to get a jump start on the apartment search.

also...
secondary submitted: July
interviewed: end of October
accepted: end of December

Hey guys, long time lurker here :stop: Accepted in December! Just reaching out to ask if there is a Facebook page for accepted students? Trying to get a jump start on the apartment search.

also...
secondary submitted: July
interviewed: end of October
accepted: end of December

I don't know if one that has been created. I have looked through facebook only previous year groups are there. A current student told me their group wasn't made until about march.

Did you receive the email with your ID info? We're you able to access the website to change the password?

I haven't got the email yet to set up my email account either.

I don't know if one that has been created. I have looked through facebook only previous year groups are there. A current student told me their group wasn't made until about march.

Did you receive the email with your ID info? We're you able to access the website to change the password?

Thanks! And nope. I haven't received anything about ID information.

What is the first day of classes/orientation for Augusta this fall?

Rejected pre-II. Complete end of August. Good luck everyone.

Rejected pre-II. Complete end of August. Good luck everyone.
How did you find out? I've been complete since August as well and haven't heard anything.

I'm surprised this question hasn't been asked yet....but what was the interview day like for pple who interviewed at Augusta? How was the interview experience in general? With faculty/students/1on1?

I'm surprised this question hasn't been asked yet....but what was the interview day like for pple who interviewed at Augusta? How was the interview experience in general? With faculty/students/1on1?
The interview day was pretty relaxed. You meet in the admissions office and they go over a short presentation with everyone with different facts about the school, facilities, etc. Then you have your first interview which is 1-on-1 with a faculty member followed by lunch and a tour with current students. Then you have your second interview, also 1-on-1 with a faculty member. Both interviews are a little different. One is open file and is pretty conversational. The other is closed file and they ask you a series of matrix questions that you might find in any type of interview. After your second interview you're free to go.

The other is closed file and they ask you a series of matrix questions that you might find in any type of interview. After your second interview you're free to go.
I have to disagree with this last part. It depends who interviews you. Both of my interviews were very relaxed and conversational.

I have to disagree with this last part. It depends who interviews you. Both of my interviews were very relaxed and conversational.
Yeah mine ended up being relaxed too. I just meant that my interviewer had a generic question matrix to choose from and then it became more conversational as we talked and elaborated. Everyone was very nice!

Yeah mine ended up being relaxed too. I just meant that my interviewer had a generic question matrix to choose from and then it became more conversational as we talked and elaborated. Everyone was very nice!

My interview experience was the same. Both were very relaxed and conversational, though the second (closed-file) interview contained more direct knowledge questions.

My first interview was very relaxed and conversational. My second interviewer tried to ask difficult questions and stump me. Not confrontational or rude, but more of the typical challenging interview type than the tell me about yourself type.

Does MCG tell you what spot you are on the waitlist?