2016-2017 Indiana University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the e-mail today verifying they received my application that says to check your e-mail frequently (as if we aren't all checking it constantly :nod:) I looked through the thread but is there a consensus on how long before you get sent a decision after that verification e-mail?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the e-mail today verifying they received my application that says to check your e-mail frequently (as if we aren't all checking it constantly :nod:) I looked through the thread but is there a consensus on how long before you get sent a decision after that verification e-mail?

I can't imagine there's much consistency. There have been acceptances and rejections, and here I am without a word since getting that email back in July :laugh:. I'd guess there are too many factors here to come up with an accurate number.

Reactions: 2 users

Well this isn't a consensus but I got that email 7/19 and still haven't heard anything

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
See you there ;)

I'm assuming everyone has different actual times correct? also, I emailed them about the separate tour to see if I could knock that out the 15th or something but no response. did you ask them about that?

Just received 'application received' email after such a long time.

Hey all! So I got an II back on August 8th. I went ahead and submitted all their requested documents and selected an interview location. I still have not been told my interview date. Is anybody else in a similar situation?

Cheers.

Hey all! So I got an II back on August 8th. I went ahead and submitted all their requested documents and selected an interview location. I still have not been told my interview date. Is anybody else in a similar situation?

Cheers.
Yep, literally just posted about this a little bit back.

Ok submitted my AMCAS on July 15th, got my AMCAS verified on August 10th...and I've heard from all schools except this one. I am OOS and not EDP. I am getting worried that I am rejected pre-secondary. Should I ask them the status of my application?

Ok submitted my AMCAS on July 15th, got my AMCAS verified on August 10th...and I've heard from all schools except this one. I am OOS and not EDP. I am getting worried that I am rejected pre-secondary. Should I ask them the status of my application?

They don't have a secondary. You will get a primary verification eventually (don't worry), but then the next contact would only be an II.
No secondary. Have you received confirmation of your primary submission?

No secondary. Have you received confirmation of your primary submission?
Primary confirmed 10 days ago....but no invitation for II yet.

Indiana University School of Medicine Office of Admissions has received your AMCAS application. The Admissions Office will notify you of our decision via email once your application has been reviewed. We encourage you to check your email frequently.

Thank you for considering IUSM for your medical education.

Seems like most people are waiting ~4-6 weeks from their completed primary notification on average before getting their II.
Ok so 4-6 weeks from when AMCAS was verified, not when the email was sent that they received my AMCAS right?

Members don't see this ad :)
They received my app 5.5 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything since. OOS, LizzyM-74

Cheers.

Got my II Aug 22, submitted everything, paid the grad school app fee, and selected my location. Still no interview date

AMCAS submitted Jul 11, rural medicine app received Aug 26, II/supplemental material received Aug 31, submitted (paid) Sept 1.
OOS, LizzyM 69

so are all of us doing the Sept 14 Indy interview the first wave of interviews?

Received verification email on 8/03. OOS, LizzyM 69-70, GPA 3.82, URM, tons of EC's but no research. Do I have chances or is it too early to panic?

Got my II Aug 22, submitted everything, paid the grad school app fee, and selected my location. Still no interview date

Same boat for me. Got a II on 8/11, and still no word on the interview date or time

Same boat for me. Got a II on 8/11, and still no word on the interview date or time
It says it takes 4-6 weeks to process, so maybe we should be hearing back this week or next week about the date? All of my materials have check marks on the status page.

so are all of us doing the Sept 14 Indy interview the first wave of interviews?

Hi all! I'm an MS1 here. The first round of interviews is tomorrow, the 7th.

so is there a secondary fee for this school or no?

gotcha thank you!

How did the interviews today go?!!?

Yup! They must be mailed into the Admissions Office, however, they do not accept electronic updates.

When I mailed my ties-to-the-state letter earlier this summer they also recommended to get a tracking number on the letter

Do they request ties to the state if we have some? Or will that make a big difference in our admissions process? I have a lot of family up there that I would like to let them know about, but would it be just as effective to tell them about my ties in my interview?

Do they request ties to the state if we have some? Or will that make a big difference in our admissions process? I have a lot of family up there that I would like to let them know about, but would it be just as effective to tell them about my ties in my interview?

If you already have an interview then there is no need to update them beforehand and just mention it when talking about why you want to go there, etc.

did anyone on here have their interview on the 7th?

EDIT: just saw the one response.

How'd it go?
Overall I think it went well. The interviewer was very nice and the setting felt very laid-back. I wasn't asked any questions that surprised me or were completely unexpected

Has anyone who selected Northwest as their preferred interview location been given a date yet?

im an OOS student no ties to indiana and submitted my primary a little over a weeek ago to here, do they screen for secondaries? how long should i expect to wait to get a secondary?

im an OOS student no ties to indiana and submitted my primary a little over a weeek ago to here, do they screen for secondaries? how long should i expect to wait to get a secondary?

No secondaries. They review your app, and send out II

For anyone who has interviewed already: what time does the day end? It says on the invitation that there isn't a tour and my interview is at 9:30 AM, so does this mean I'm done after that or does it go for the whole day and end around 3:30 as usual? Just trying to plan flights/hotels!

has anyone that's received an II in the past ~ 3 weeks been notified of their interview date yet?

Finally received my interview date this morning! I got an II on Aug 22nd.

has anyone that's received an II in the past ~ 3 weeks been notified of their interview date yet?

I received my II on August 8 and still have not been given my date. I am an OOS and I also chose Indianapolis as my interview location (probably a pretty common one). I can imagine that there is some method to matching interviewees with their preferred location. If nothing else that could explain the long wait time.

But to be real, I have no clue