2016-2017 Indiana University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Added this school last week, how long did it take people to get acknowledged by the school?

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected

513 MCAT, 3.97 masters gpa, lower ugpa, OOS, application receipt notification on 7/6

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! Best of luck at your interview, looks like you're racking up the schools :D

I read through the thread but couldn't get a clear answer, how long after the II email do you get your interview date?

I read through the thread but couldn't get a clear answer, how long after the II email do you get your interview date?
I got mine about a week and a half later! I'm sure it varies from person to person though

Reactions: 1 user
Does Indiana screen for secondaries? I added this school through AMCAS earlier this week and haven't gotten any contact from them yet.

Does anyone know how many are interviewed and how many are accepted at IU?

Does anyone know how many are interviewed and how many are accepted at IU?

1109 are interviewed (MSAR). US News Premium publishes the number of acceptances; MSAR doesn't.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

rejected too. complete 6/30.

do you think the admissions would clarify the reason for rejection? I'm OOS and didn't get have any ties, but I'm still curious if there was a specific reason that contributed to their decision.

Thanks!

I just need some clarification on their interview invite process because it really needs to be streamlined but that's a whole different conversation.

1. Received email saying that you have been invited to interview
2. Complete Grad app and pay fee (send off dean eval etc)
3. Pick preferred interview location on the Application Status page
4. Wait for them to review your information (?)
5. Received interview date (?)

So, I received the email. Filled out the app. Now I'm like, what's next. Can anyone confirm this rough outline?

I just need some clarification on their interview invite process because it really needs to be streamlined but that's a whole different conversation.

So, I received the email. Filled out the app. Now I'm like, what's next. Can anyone confirm this rough outline?

I got invited to interview on 7/29
Completed the grad app, picked my preferred interview location, and paid the fee on the same day - 7/29
Received my interview date on 8/11

You should get your date even if your letters and other disclosure forms aren't in yet. One of my letters and dean eval form wasn't marked complete until 8/19 on the portal.

Reactions: 3 users

yeah that sounds about right to me. I got the II and then I did 1-3 and then about ~2 weeks later they sent me an email with all of my interview information with the location that I picked. they just see that you did the Grad app and the location. and it isn't imperative that you get those two forms filled because I just sent mine and my dean eval isn't sent yet so I think it's okay. I feel as though it was just one of those "figure out as you go" things haha, especially since this was my first II. I hope that helped!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users

Could not agree more that it needs to be a much simpler and direct process. It is unfortunate but you just have to wait until they tell you when your interview is and hope that date works for you

One more question: maybe you guys can help me out with this one too @cogjb @AJMAQ94
After you paid the fee how long did it take for the Grad App staus to change from "in progress" to "complete"?

One more question: maybe you guys can help me out with this one too @cogjb @AJMAQ94
After you paid the fee how long did it take for the Grad App staus to change from "in progress" to "complete"?

All of my documents are shown as processed, but my status is still "in process"
I don't think that changes until after your interview.

The LORs are just assigned on AMCAS right?

30 MCAT? They're still accepting the old exam scores?

All but 9 (I believe, could be somewhere between 8-15) of the nation's 141 MD-granting schools take the old MCAT this year. Not next year.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

which 9 are those? ^

1. East Tennessee State University James H. Quillen College of Medicine, Johnson City
  2. Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield
  3. Universidad Central del Caribe School of Medicine, Bayamon
  4. University of South Florida Health Morsani College of Medicine, Tampa
  5. University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville
  6. University of Nebraska College of Medicine, Omaha
  7. University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, Oklahoma City
  8. West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown
  9. University of Calgary

Source: students-residents.aamc.org

inb4: Didn't check the exact locations or degree types granted. They were on the list, alright?

Has anyone interviewed at IU yet? If so, how was your experience?

How many that have received an II have been given an interview date? I got the invite 3 weeks ago, all of my supplemental materials are received, and I paid and chose my interview site within a week of receiving the II. Still have not received a date yet.

EDIT: Made clarifications because I am stupid.

Last edited:
How many that have received an II have been given an interview date? I got the invite 3 weeks ago, all of my supplemental materials are received, and I paid and chose my interview date within a week of receiving the II.
You chose your date or they gave it to you? Mine was sent to me about a week after the II too but with a specific date and time and I had already bought flights for another interview on that day so now I'm on a wait list to reschedule...

How many that have received an II have been given an interview date? I got the invite 3 weeks ago, all of my supplemental materials are received, and I paid and chose my interview date within a week of receiving the II.

II (8/8/16)

Chose date / Grad app (8/9/16)

Interview date / time (8/18/16)

Sorry, I meant I chose my site.

And I haven't received a date yet, which was why I was asking. I feel like it is weird that it has been so long without receiving a date.

Wait you already interviewed???

no those are dates that I received all of those emails. I interview Sep. 14th with a few other SDN'ers on this thread actually. I was just giving an accurate timeline

no those are dates that I received all of those emails. I interview Sep. 14th with a few other SDN'ers on this thread actually. I was just giving an accurate timeline

See you there ;)

Sorry, I meant I chose my site.

And I haven't received a date yet, which was why I was asking. I feel like it is weird that it has been so long without receiving a date.

I waited a little more than two weeks to receive my date - I received my II on 8/8 and chose my site and paid on the same day. Then I received my interview date on 8/24

Assuming that an acceptance is received, what are everyone's campus preferences and why?

I'm currently deciding between Bloomington and Indianapolis. I attended Bloomington as an undergraduate and have heard several positive reviews from current medical students at the Bloomington campus (and of course, the campus is beautiful, full of activities), but am tempted to pick Indianapolis as I believe the change in scenery might be best for me. I'm also eager to build relationships with staff members as I am sure I would like to attend the Indianapolis campus during clinical years. I'd love to hear everyone's else's thoughts on campus choice!