2016-2017 Indiana University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Quick question on the campus lottery system: at what point in the year/application process would we found out what campus we were assigned to?
I believe we found out very late March (28th or so)

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have a green checkmark by their letters of recommendation on the application portal?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have a green checkmark by their letters of recommendation on the application portal?

Where is the application portal? I just got the application received email and it doesn't have anything about that.

Everything is green for me, including the Dean's form.

Reactions: 1 users
I believe we found out very late March (28th or so)

Just to confirm: You only get a campus assignment after accepting the offer of admission? So I will not know my campus assignment while still deciding between two admission offers.

Members don't see this ad :)
How long after AMCAS submission did it take for everyone to receive an "Application Complete" email? Starting to get a little paranoid :bored:

Just to confirm: You only get a campus assignment after accepting the offer of admission? So I will not know my campus assignment while still deciding between two admission offers.
No you find out before. I believe the deadline for choosing between multiple acceptances is April 30.

Everything is green for me, including the Dean's form.
Did you have to send anything additional to IUSOM for your letters specifying science, non-science, and personal? Or just submit to AMCAS?

Is anyone aware whether or not it would be received poorly should we call to check on the reception of our letters of recommendation (if we still have the yellow (!) symbol next to them)?

Is anyone aware whether or not it would be received poorly should we call to check on the reception of our letters of recommendation (if we still have the yellow (!) symbol next to them)?
+1

Did you have to send anything additional to IUSOM for your letters specifying science, non-science, and personal? Or just submit to AMCAS?
They will decide which of your letters fit the criteria. I already asked them because I was worried that I had submitted too many because I thought they only took three.

Has anyone had to reschedule their interview yet? I have to because they scheduled mine for the exact same day as my only other interview so far and I have already booked my plane and hotel for it. I'm a little nervous about it though because they say they can't promise another interview slot and put me on a "reschedule waitlist". Anyone (including current students) know anything about this and what my chances of receiving another interview date look like?!

Do they give out II even if you're not totally complete?

just received my interview date! received the II two weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Is there any type of portal or anything for this school? I sent my application in and this is my only communication with them:

Indiana University School of Medicine Office of Admissions has received your AMCAS application. The Admissions Office will notify you of our decision via email once your application has been reviewed. We encourage you to check your email frequently.

Thank you for considering IUSM for your medical education.

Does this mean I am complete?

Is there any type of portal or anything for this school? I sent my application in and this is my only communication with them:

Indiana University School of Medicine Office of Admissions has received your AMCAS application. The Admissions Office will notify you of our decision via email once your application has been reviewed. We encourage you to check your email frequently.

Thank you for considering IUSM for your medical education.

Does this mean I am complete?
Yes. There is no portal or secondary until you get offered an interview.

Rejected, OOS. At least there was no secondary fee haha.

MS1 at IUSM here. I doubt they would receive it poorly. Maybe try sending a respectful email.

Under the portal you can send the admissions personnel a message. I inquired about mine and receive a reply within 24 hours. It was a smooth process.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else interviewing on 9/14 at Indy??

Anyone know when Indiana starts IIs for OOS candidates?

I'm OOS, got an interview invite two weeks ago

Those of you getting II's today, when did you get receipt from the school that they got your AMCAS?

II today! Lizzy 69 IS.
I got a receipt that they received my app on 8/8!

For those who have received II's. Do we physically have to mail in the legal disclosure form and dean of students eval? What about the letters of rec? shouldn't those automatically be through AMCAS?

For those who have received II's. Do we physically have to mail in the legal disclosure form and dean of students eval? What about the letters of rec? shouldn't those automatically be through AMCAS?

You have to mail in the legal disclosure form yourself but usually your school mails in the deans eval. The letters just take time to be processed from AMCAS. You don't need to do anything for those

You have to mail in the legal disclosure form yourself but usually your school mails in the deans eval. The letters just take time to be processed from AMCAS. You don't need to do anything for those

So does all this happen after receiving an II?
Does that mean they make interview decisions without letters?