2016-2017 Dartmouth College (Geisel) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted today! Interviewed Dec 20

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Literally no word since being complete in mid August.... I'm interpreting that to mean a rejection by this point. haha bye, Geisel

II today but withdrew my application, good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Literally no word since being complete in mid August.... I'm interpreting that to mean a rejection by this point. haha bye, Geisel

Interview invite less than a week ago, keep the faith!

Just realized I got an interview here Woow! For March 9 :D

Honestly thought interview season was over. Neat

Reactions: 4 users

Same here! Super pumped to be interviewing at my hometown school!

Reactions: 1 users
Still no rejections for anyone POST Interview? Interviewed in early Sept

Do you think I can still hope for an interview here? Wishing Dartmouth would love me back.

Do you think I can still hope for an interview here? Wishing Dartmouth would love me back.
I was shocked to see my invite. Don't lose hope! You got this!

Members don't see this ad :)

Just got an interview invite as well today, so they're still going out! Will be withdrawing so hopefully it goes to someone else who is waiting instead :)

Edit: dates go until end of march for those still waiting

Also receive an II yesterday! So shocked and excited. This is my dream school, and this interview definitely came as a pleasant surprise.

II ... totally unexpected, I was quickly skimming e-mail for "unfortunately." Complete late August.

Reactions: 2 users

Was losing hope and also got an interview invite today! So grateful thank you Geisel!
Complete Oct. 12th

Stop interviewing people and start accepting people!

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users
Got an II today after mdphd rejection ~ a month ago. Withdrew and I hope one of you gets it!

I just got an II here as well! I don't know if I will be able to make it, so it might still be up for grabs :)

Withdrew from Geisel post-interview. Sincerely appreciate an opportunity to visit Hanover but ultimately end up choosing another school.

Does anyone remember from interview day what year electives can be scheduled? Or any current students? Is it 3rd or 4th?

Spoke too soon. Also got II yesterday, but will probably not attend. Hope it goes to someone who's still waiting to hear back!

This may be a super dumb question but we can fill out CSS and school specific financial aid applications before being accepted, right? Because the deadline to file for Dartmouth is April 15th, and are we supposed to hear back about any decision by then? What about if you end up on waitlist?
Many thanks

To my fellow neurotics, the information below will not interest you because you probably already did this for yourself, but I have assembled a list of acceptances/rejections I found for this time frame in last year's thread so we can continue to let this wait slowly destroy our lives by the second.

1 Rejection on Monday, March 7th 2016
1 Acceptance on Tuesday, March 8th 2016 (They interviewed Late-January)
1 Acceptance on Monday, March 14th 2016 at 9 am via email (They interviewed Mid-Jan)
1 Acceptance on Saturday, March 19th 2016 at 5 pm via email (They interviewed Mid-Feb)
1 Acceptance on Saturday, March 19th 2016 at around 5 pm via email (They interviewed Early-Feb)

A couple other miscellaneous things I found in case you yourself have not combed through the past year's thread yet:
1) Second Look Day last year was 22/23 APR.
2) Apparently, they meet every Thursday in March and like the first 2 Thursdays of April to make admissions decisions (review around 60 candidates per session).

https://geiselmed.dartmouth.edu/faculty/pdf/admissions_committee_charge.pdf (This link contains a wealth of info on the admissions process)

Hope this helps some of you!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Rejected post-interview just now. Interviewed in November. Good luck to everyone else!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Crap they're doing post interview rejections now? Haven't heard back since late October interview now I'm getting anxious.

large.jpg

Reactions: 11 users
So I called admissions and they said they started working on the waitlist this week and it will "hopefully" be announced next week. Getting on it is probably the best any fall interviewees could ask for at this point.

So I called admissions and they said they started working on the waitlist this week and it will "hopefully" be announced next week. Getting on it is probably the best any fall interviewees could ask for at this point.
Did they say anything about more acceptances/rejections?

Did they say anything about more acceptances/rejections?

I didn't ask. I feel like if it's been 2+ months since you've interviewed it's safe to assume you won't be accepted outright. Best you can hope for is to make the waitlist and dodge the rejections.

So there are still people interviewing (like myself, next week). Are we just interviewing for spots on the waitlist?

So there are still people interviewing (like myself, next week). Are we just interviewing for spots on the waitlist?

At my interview they said they hold onto people toeing the line of the waitlist/acceptance until the end of interviews. So you could be accepted near April and avoid the waitlist. Holding out hope....

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Complete in January, received an II 3/4 and interviewed on 3/9.

Based on last year's thread, there were people who interviewed in March and received acceptances in April.

This was the only II I received all cycle, so riperino.

Last edited:
Hi all,
I was wondering if any internationals had been accepted yet?

Anyone driving from Boston to interview on March 23rd? I am looking to carpool with someone if possible. Please let me know. Thanks!

Anyone driving from Boston to interview on March 23rd? I am looking to carpool with someone if possible. Please let me know. Thanks!

Have you looked at the dartmouth coach that goes from boston to dartmouth? There are several buses everyday so you could finagle them into your schedule.

Have you looked at the dartmouth coach that goes from boston to dartmouth? There are several buses everyday so you could finagle them into your schedule.

awesome! Thank you so much.

Has anyone here ever called in and successfully gotten a status update on their app post-II?

+1. Oh well, at least I got a crazy travel story out of it.

Hanover, Massachusetts haha.

You guys are depressing me btw it's not probably a rejection until it is. Dina from admissions said they don't hold back on notifying rejections. If it was a rejection you'd know by now there's probably no decision made. Waitlist goes out in batches though.

Reactions: 4 users
What exactly is the unit loan and are we to use that for the cost of living?