2016-2017 Dartmouth College (Geisel) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can anybody on here tell me their opinion on if I should apply with a 504 MCAT, with their 10% being 506....... I have a 90% GPA and what they call "stellar ECs"

$130 is a lot of money. Can anybody who got interviewed with a lower MCAT PM me?

Members don't see this ad.

Can anybody on here tell me their opinion on if I should apply with a 504 MCAT, with their 10% being 506....... I have a 90% GPA and what they call "stellar ECs"

$130 is a lot of money. Can anybody who got interviewed with a lower MCAT PM me?

given that they are a private research school, they may also care slightly about your undergrad. did you go to a well recognized school?

Unless you are URM , I'd say 504 is pushing it if the $130 means a lot to you, especially since their 10th percentile is a 506 (507 matriculant)

Geisel places a lot of emphasis on fit. If you believe that you are a good fit for Geisel, then I would suggest applying. My MCAT score is not that great, but I will be matriculating at Geisel in a few weeks. I really loved Geisel at my interview day - the campus is beautiful and all of the medical students seemed like they enjoyed med school and were a friendly, team-oriented community. I am very fortunate that I chose to apply here because I almost didn't due to their MCAT score avg. You never know what could happen so my suggestion is to apply! btw, I applied in end of August and still got accepted with a low MCAT, so it is never too late to apply.