2016-2017 Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
pre II reject email just now

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected post-II. Ouch! Was expecting at least a wait list but ah well. Got an email to check the portal just a few min ago. Good luck everyone :)

Reactions: 1 user
Waitlisted as well, this was my top choice. Congrats to everyone else! Here is to a few more months of waiting

Waitlisted! We're still in the game, people! Anyone know how many people are waitlisted each year?

Just got the pre-II rejection email. Def one of the nicer ones I've seen. Congrats to all those accepted and good luck to those on the waitlist!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Lol, I feel like I'm on death row, since my interviewer (DD) already called someone--and everyone seems to be getting email updates--yet I haven't heard anything via email, phone, or on the portal. T_T

Reactions: 2 users
Lol, I feel like I'm on death row, since my interviewer (DD) already called someone--and everyone seems to be getting email updates--yet I haven't heard anything via email, phone, or on the portal. T_T

I wouldn't bother checking the portal until you get the email; I checked the portal two minutes before I got the email and nothing was there. After I got the email, it was there.

Rejected after interviewing for the 3-year Phd-to-MD program. The dream is dead - this one hit me hard as I really enjoyed my visit there. I wish I could know why.

Reactions: 4 users
I wouldn't bother checking the portal until you get the email; I checked the portal two minutes before I got the email and nothing was there. After I got the email, it was there.

+1

I literally checked the portal 30 seconds before the email.

For those accepted: did anybody receive a merit scholarship with the offer of admission? Does Columbia even do this?

For those accepted: did anybody receive a merit scholarship with the offer of admission? Does Columbia even do this?

I did not, but if you read last years thread it seems that merit offers come out much later. Some were complaining that they wouldn't confirm or deny merit offered before the April 30 deadline, but some may have gotten an offer before the deadline and just did not report on SDN.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Waitlisted now. Loved this school and will try my hardest to get in! Good luck to everyone!

Waitlisted. My disappointment was tempered a bit by how well-written the wording on the portal was. Dean Nicholas is a class act.

Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted :( this was by far the school that I felt had the best fit. Let's hope there's some waitlist movement! Congrats to all the acceptances!!!

Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile

Waitlisted via email/portal update at 9:49am. And again at 9:53am. Then again at 10:03am. Then again at 10:08am....ROFL, did anyone else receive 4 emails from them? I'm here like, "Yo I get it. I was waitlisted."

Reactions: 15 users
Waitlisted via email/portal update at 9:49am. And again at 9:53am. Then again at 10:03am. Then again at 10:08am....ROFL, did anyone else receive 4 emails from them? I'm here like, "Yo I get it. I was waitlisted."

I received 2.

Yep, I also got 4 (so far that is)

Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile

Can someone post the wording of the waitlist decision? mine was very ambiguous.

Can someone post the wording of the waitlist decision? mine was very ambiguous.

It says 'waitlist' in it and has "accept" and "decline" buttons under the message.