2016-2017 Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know - if your interviewer isn't one of those who call, then do you just find out through the portal later, or does someone else call you?

Members don't see this ad.

Could be either from what I can tell.

Does anyone know - if your interviewer isn't one of those who call, then do you just find out through the portal later, or does someone else call you?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody got a call from Dr. Sahar/DS?

Im thinking my interviewer, JS, and yours probably interviewed a very small number of applicants. No one on any forum/year has said anything about my interviewer and I haven't received a call/e-mail yet... May have to wait for tomorrow.. good chance it's a WL since Columbia waitlists alot.. but good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Anybody heard from PS?

Edit: PS the interviewer, not Physicians & Surgeons

I've heard that DQ does the most interviews, do you think he's calling everyone or just a few people?

Accepted!! I got a call from Sahar this morning @ 9:30 as I was walking into work, but was I super busy this morning and couldn't post. Congrats to all accepted and good luck to the rest :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
People have gotten calls as late as 7 PM in the past? Or later?

Members don't see this ad :)
DQ CALLED PEOPLE THIS YEAr???

Welp I will wait for my rejection letter tomorrow. :(

Accepted!!!!! I actually go to undergrad here, so all of my professors that work at the med school were waiting anxiously lol

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted!!!!! I actually go to undergrad here, so all of my professors that work at the med school were waiting anxiously lol
congrats!!! could you share your interviewer's initials?

Congrats!

I am assuming you got called a couple hours ago and not recently ?

still no news at all from MK? if anyone heard back from him hmu/pm/anything lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Maybe this is wishful thinking, but I bet DD doesn't make phone calls because he's retired/emeritus. That's what I'm hoping.

Reactions: 1 users
Maybe this is wishful thinking, but I bet DD doesn't make phone calls because he's retired/emeritus. That's what I'm hoping.

Haha, I'm in your boat. Although I could have sworn I saw a thread saying he called people either last year or the year before, but that could have changed.

Still nothing from haddad (JH). Anyone get a call from him?

I should have included this in my initial post but I forgot to because I was so overwhelmed after getting the call. I saw a few accepted people mention their interview dates and they were September/October...I literally interviewed LAST MONTH and I was 100% sure I would be waitlisted. There is still hope for everyone who interviewed late, whether you get in today or tomorrow or in the next few months.

His like to post ratio is ridiculously impressive

Hah. Thought it would be today but didn't want to get anyone's hopes up. In any case I have no better way of knowing than anyone else. Congrats to all who got the call! Lots of potential too for those waitlisted, of course.

A quickly updated tally. Welcome y'all.

Acceptances: 15 (based on past years ~10-15 acceptances are usually reported on SDN, with calls expected into evening and potentially next day)

9:30 am EST - Call from Dr. Sahar/DS
10:21 am EST - call from Dr. MJF (interviewer), interviewed mid-October
10:30 am EST - call from Dr. FL (interviewer)
11:55 am EST - call from Dr. GL, interviewed mid-November
12:24 pm EST - call from Dr. PP (interviewer)
12:46 pm EST - call from RJK
12:52 pm EST - call from Dr. CON
~1:00 pm EST - Call from Dr. MW
1:41 pm EST and afternoon EST - call from Dr. LS (2X)
1:48 pm EST - interviewer not on unknown list as of 1:48 pm EST, interviewed late September
2:15 pm EST - call from Dr. HH
2:30 pm EST - Call from Dr. DQ
3:13 pm EST - call from Dr. BA
Unknown Time - call from Dr. RNP

Unknowns (time SDN user asked if they had called):

Dr. JH (10:40 am EST)
Dr. Ortiz Neu (10:42 am EST)
Dr. JB (11:23 am EST)
Dr. PR (12:10 pm EST)
Dr. Katz (12:18 pm EST)
Dr. DD (12:30 pm EST, 12:45 pm EST)
Dr. WD (12:35 pm EST)
Dr. MBS (1:02 pm EST, 6:02 pm EST)
Dr. Haddad (1:15 pm EST)
Dr. RL (1:39 pm EST, 5:32 pm EST)
Dr. EGG (1:57 pm EST)
Dr. McGurk (1:57 pm EST)
Dr. JS (2:13 pm EST)
Dr. ES (2:27 pm EST)
Dr. CW (2:36 pm EST)
Dr. SC (2:45 pm EST)
Dr. Welch (3:06 pm EST)
Dr. PS (4:35 pm EST)
Dr. Turner (5:21 pm EST)
Dr. AAC (5:30 pm EST)
Dr. MK (5:42 pm EST)

Reactions: 2 users
RL called? I guess it's not happening for me. Congrats to everyone!

I think that meant someone on SDN asked if they called to which no one responded/updated

Yeah that's right. Seems like a lot of interviewers didn't call - but we can't be sure Bc ppl may not have posted. Good luck to everyone, I'm still waiting too! Hope we all get good news tomorrow.

I am not applying this cycle, but just wondering, why is everyone using the initials of their interviewer?

I am not applying this cycle, but just wondering, why is everyone using the initials of their interviewer?

It's like a cryptic club.

Your curiosity means it's working.

(But in truth, I have no clue)

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, in retrospect I'd stay off SDN for the results because it doesn't change what happens and could only make me/you just more nervous. It didn't really help me be patient, so I won't check from now on (I hope I don't, at least). But while checking SDN today, I really wished people would respond with their results and interviewer initials, so I'm going to update too. Accepted ~1 hour ago, CW. Congrats to those accepted and best of luck to everyone else with all the schools!

Reactions: 5 users
Guys, in retrospect I'd stay off SDN for the results because it doesn't change what happens and could only make me/you just more nervous. It didn't really help me be patient, so I won't check from now on (I hope I don't, at least). But while checking SDN today, I really wished people would respond with their results and interviewer initials, so I'm going to update too. Accepted ~1 hour ago, CW. Congrats to those accepted and best of luck to everyone else with all the schools!

Congrats!