2015-2016 New York University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I can only talk about merit scholarships. NYU offered me mine around April. It was quite late, but definitely a dream come true. Congratulations to everyone who got in this cycle. NYU is a great place to be, and I wouldn't trade this experience for the world.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
"Dear steelersfan1243:

After careful review and consideration of your application to the NYU Post-Baccalaureate Linkage Program, the Committee on Admissions regrets to inform you that they are unable to offer you an acceptance at this time. If you would like to apply for August, 2016, you must reapply through AMCAS. Most of the information will roll over, however, you must verify and update the information that was previously submitted.Rest assured that your application will then be fully re-considered with those applying for the next application cycle. Please let me take this opportunity to wish you success and to thank you for your continued interest in NYU School of Medicine.

Sincerely,

Joanne McGrath"

****, did I apply to the wrong program?

Reactions: 5 users
Hey guys,
I was looking on NYU's secondary portal and it says interviews run until December 18. Can anyone confirm that date or is it a typo?
Thanks!

I like their straightforward style haha. Rejected: Check!

Lmao... I'm sorry about the rejection (I am sure one is headed my way as well) but that is just hilarious. So tactful. When were you complete? Is that "Rejection" in lieu of the "Application Complete" checkmark or is it a separate row/page?

Reactions: 1 user
AXED!
no harsh feelings at all; pre II complete mid July. Wasn't the best fit school for me :)
Good luck to those in the running!

AXED!
no harsh feelings at all; pre II complete mid July. Wasn't the best fit school for me :)
Good luck to those in the running!

@breezy16 what's interesting is that I see we both interviewed at Hopkins (I will hear back later). So it seems different places are looking for different traits and "fit"

"Dear steelersfan1243:

After careful review and consideration of your application to the NYU Post-Baccalaureate Linkage Program, the Committee on Admissions regrets to inform you that they are unable to offer you an acceptance at this time. If you would like to apply for August, 2016, you must reapply through AMCAS. Most of the information will roll over, however, you must verify and update the information that was previously submitted.Rest assured that your application will then be fully re-considered with those applying for the next application cycle. Please let me take this opportunity to wish you success and to thank you for your continued interest in NYU School of Medicine.

Sincerely,

Joanne McGrath"

****, did I apply to the wrong program?

also axed just now (pre-II). No surprise there. It appears you might have applied to the wrong program...But they say to reapply through AMCAS, so I don't know? Mine read like this:

Dear ImmunoLove,

After careful review and consideration of your application, the Committee on Admissions regrets to inform you that it is unable to offer you a place in the medical school class entering in August 2016.

We are humbled and most thankful to have received so many applications from talented students like you. This year, we received over 7,400 applications for the 132 places available in the entering class. With more well qualified candidates than we could admit or even interview, the Committee on Admissions faced an incredibly difficult task this year.

We wanted to thank you again for your interest in New York University School of Medicine, and we wish you success in your path to becoming a physician.

Sincerely,

Rafael Rivera, M.D.

Associate Dean for Admissions & Financial Aid

New York University School of Medicine

Members don't see this ad :)
Alas, rejected as well. Good luck to all of you guys!

Just wanted to ask again if anyone knows whether the last date for interviews is December 18, as noted on their portal? IF the last interview date is, in fact, Dec 18, that means all of us have been axed except for those that already interviewed.

Just wanted to ask again if anyone knows whether the last date for interviews is December 18, as noted on their portal? IF the last interview date is, in fact, Dec 18, that means all of us have been axed except for those that already interviewed.
Looks like it. Slaughterhouse today. I guess that's it, at least it's over.

Last edited:
Rejected, OOS, app complete 8/15

513MCAT (11,10,14,10), 3.97 masters gpa, lower ugpa

Rejected, and totally fine with it. My application wasn't complete for almost a month after I submitted it because they weren't marking my letters as received (when every other school had), and then they spammed me the whole application cycle with emails that were mostly relevant for accepted students. Bye NYU!

Didn't get the rejection email. Did they lose my app?

@gublagu3
No, I'm pretty sure it's not. My interview is scheduled in Jan

Rejected IS Complete Mid August LizzyM 69 - No suprise, this was a super reach for me! Stay sassy people!

Rejected today, IS and in NYC so even more local. LizzyM ~71 and complete in July. Congrats to everyone who has been accepted here!

Rejected today, IS and in NYC so even more local. LizzyM ~71 and complete in July. Congrats to everyone who has been accepted here!

Didn't they know you're a master of karate and friendship for everyone? Maybe Nightman is an adcom there

Rejected. OOS, Lizzy M ~71. Complete early September. Best of luck to those still being considered!

@breezy16 what's interesting is that I see we both interviewed at Hopkins (I will hear back later). So it seems different places are looking for different traits and "fit"
I agree. It's the biggest thing I'll tell my future family & friends if they apply is to apply to schools based on those fits rather than numbers. It's been waaay more about my fit than numbers this whole season.
Good luck to you @ JHU, Hope to see you as a classmate next year :)

Hopping on the rejection train. Disappointed, but it's okay.

Rejected! Best of luck to all of you!

Withdrew my acceptance this morning. Best of luck to all!

Reactions: 1 users
Hopefully this is the last few weeks of waiting for a lot of us!

Via carrier pigeon
e
Okay but what breed of pigeon?? French Cumulet? English Carrier? Racing Homer???

Or should I send in like a Game of Thrones raven? Do med schools take maester training into consideration? Is that worth mentioning? Or do they only care if it's from a top tier Citadel?

Reactions: 1 users