2021-2022 New York Med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got the WL notification this morning, interviewed mid Feb. Good luck to all

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to be that person, but has anyone confirmed whether they've finished sending out II's? I just want some closure haha

Reactions: 4 users
Sorry to be that person, but has anyone confirmed whether they've finished sending out II's? I just want some closure haha
Same. I've been put on pre-II hold forever and I sort want that II :)

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone sent an update letter to NYMC? I think that will be my next step. If anyone know who to address that too, I'd appreciate any help.

Has anyone sent an update letter to NYMC? I think that will be my next step. If anyone know who to address that too, I'd appreciate any help.
Hey! I sent them an email with an update letter to their email. You can find the admissions committee email on the secondary portal and their website. Good luck!

Did this last night and got a confirmation this morning that they added it to my file! I could've sworn they said not to send any updates...I guess they don't always mean what they say.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my app, good luck everyone <3

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Can someone talk about financial aid and scholarships that NYMC gives out? Seems like they don't have that many

Anyone know when we can expect an academic year calendar for 2022-2023? Trying to figure out when the white coat ceremony is and when classes start

Does anyone know the dress code for the second look day on Friday?

Reactions: 2 users
Fat Pre-II R just now. Was on hold, complete late June, OOS.

Pre-II R just now. Took them long enough. These pre-II holds are such a waste of time.

Can we just acknowledge how funny the Pre-II R email is? It's like they're absolutely certain you will be a reapplicant :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Pre-II R after being on hold for months
Best wishes to everyone still in the running! Congrats to those if you who've received A's!

Pre-II R just now. Took them long enough. These pre-II holds are such a waste of time.
Not really. Many people resent being ghosted. The hold is an acknowledgement that your application has been reviewed. Beyond that, read into it whatever you want. They are holding you in case the remainder of the pool is weaker than anticipated, and they are reserving the right to come back to you.

It's nothing more than that. The vast majority of all holds at all schools turn into Rs. The alternative is hearing nothing and wondering if they ever even touched your application until you receive the pre-II R today. I don't consider them a waste of time at all. When I receive them, I duly note the likely soft R and move on upon receipt.

Pre-II R. OOS, complete early July (this was actually the first school I applied to).

just got the Pre-II R. Not surprised though.

Good luck to everyone still in the running!

Joining the pre-II R wave after being on hold
GL everyone else

+11, it was fun y’all!

Pre-II R this morning. I thought they would be loyal to a local, but I guess not. I too applied to NYMC first of all schools I applied to this cycle. It's all about the app, I guess - not about the timing.

Best of luck to everyone else and thanks all for the support.

• Care
I was put on hold. Got the pre-R II today.

Anyone else on the WL going crazy? Im on the WL for 3 ny schools and have no acceptances.. grateful for the opportunity but constantly feel like I'm losing my mind :p

• Care
Reactions: 15 users
I’m still on hold since November… I seem to have been missed in the latest wave of pre-II R’s. I’m confused though because their website says virtual interviews are carried out until March so where does my application even stand now :/

Anyone else on the WL going crazy? Im on the WL for 3 ny schools and have no acceptances.. grateful for the opportunity but constantly feel like I'm losing my mind :p
we should hear back on the 15th hopefully. thats when the WL movement starts. this is my only WL so im really hoping to get in. the application cycle is very stressful and mentally exhausting id rather not live through that again

Reactions: 2 users
Just withdrew my A, good luck everyone!

we should hear back on the 15th hopefully. thats when the WL movement starts. this is my only WL so im really hoping to get in. the application cycle is very stressful and mentally exhausting id rather not live through that again
best of luck!! hearing back the 15th sounds amazing, going through another year of this waiting might drive me insane :blackeye:

• Care