2015-2016 New York University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
NYU admissions is trolling so hard. The webinar e-mails, the twitter account saying to look for acceptances on a day that none went out.. too much

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
It's still only 430, I've got enough hope that I'm still not getting any work done

Reactions: 1 users
NYU admissions is trolling so hard. The webinar e-mails, the twitter account saying to look for acceptances on a day that none went out.. too much

Are we really calling it already? I think I have a few more hours of pure and unmitigated anxiety left in me!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Are we really calling it already? I think I have a few more hours of pure and unmitigated anxiety left in me!
I think that was referring to the day when MD/PhD acceptances went out but no actual MD only did

pls NYU pls

Reactions: 1 user

I wasn't even talking about today, they did that back in December. Sent out a couple acceptances (only MD/PhD I think?) and then put out a twitter message that made everyone neurotically check their e-mail every 12 seconds for an entire day.

Edit: Yeah what Alpaca said

At least someone broke the ice so I didn't keep refreshing just to see JDTURKLETON's post from this morning lol

Gahh hopefully they're not planning on releasing only MD/PhD again today

I wasn't even talking about today, they did that back in December. Sent out a couple acceptances (only MD/PhD I think?) and then put out a twitter message that made everyone neurotically check their e-mail every 12 seconds for an entire day.

Edit: Yeah what Alpaca said

Best admissions troll of the year 10/10

gg NYU

Every time I get a reply alert to this thread I think that it's going to be someone saying they got accepted but I didn't.

Half tempted to withdraw just to seize back control

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Starting to feel like they released decisions and no ones posted about it on sdn yet. If a tree falls in the forest and no one on sdn hears about it....

I HATE EVERYONE THAT'S SENDING ME AN EMAIL RIGHT NOW

Reactions: 7 users
AAMC just sent me an e-mail about MCAT prep materials. I have never deleted anything with more purpose in my life.

Its 5:00, I think its time to call it. NYU won this round

Maybe the admissions committee when out to dinner first? I'd be hungry too if I were looking through all of those apps haha.

Maybe the admissions committee when out to dinner first? I'd be hungry too if I were looking through all of those apps haha.

What if they went out to get drunk before making decisions? o_O

Thirsty thursday ayyyyyyyyy!!!

If that's the case, maybe they will be more generous while making the decisions :hardy:

Maybe if I find the bar they're at I can talk my way to an admission

I just called, no answer. Machine said their office hours were until 5pm.

Reactions: 7 users
I just called, no answer. Machine said their office hours were until 5pm.
Even though I don't like this news, I promised 1,000,000 likes for the one who calls, so here you go! (like like like like like) x 200,000

sooo... did they just lie on their twitter then

NYU Admissions needs to stop tweeting. They're really, really bad at it.

Also, it seems like the # of people accepted yesterday was less than the number of people accepted in December, assuming that the ratio of posts to acceptances was similar in both instances

two inaccurate tweets??

Also, it seems like the # of people accepted yesterday was less than the number of people accepted in December, assuming that the ratio of posts to acceptances was similar in both instances

two inaccurate tweets??
I'm going to remain hopeful and assume the acceptances that were supposed to go out today will be tomorrow instead. You're right that if the replies in this thread are a good indicator, there should be more people accepted this round.

I'm going to remain hopeful and assume the acceptances that were supposed to go out today will be tomorrow instead. You're right that if the replies in this thread are a good indicator, there should be more people accepted this round.

Or the time the admissions office closes doesn't have bearing on when decisions are released.... ?I've gotten interview offers well past 5 pm ....

I think all acceptances at NYU have been sent at the same time though? I thought it was always 4:08 or something.

The tweets are so silly. They act as if we haven't become habitual 3x per minute e-mail checkers ever since July like rats with a morphine button. No one is going to miss their acceptance letter...

It doesn't look like there were any posts before 4pm eastern time. But I could be mixing up NYU with another school.

two inaccurate tweets??

I just reread the Dec thread and this is right, it was basically double the amount of announced acceptances as compared to yesterday's. So doesn't align at all with the other tweet that they would send a "larger group of acceptances late January."

It's ok guys. I'm going to assume that it takes longer to discuss apps than we all think, as they had to go through hundreds of apps to give out a larger round of acceptances. It can't possibly take one or two days if that is the case.

I think all acceptances at NYU have been sent at the same time though? I thought it was always 4:08 or something.

I was accepted yesterday and I did get my email at 3:08 central time so that fits

Is anyone calling today? I also promise 10^6 of likes for that person. :)

Called and asked. They said all decisions (acceptances? not sure) will be sent out by Monday at the latest. They did not know what time of day they would be sent out (assuming around 4 again). They said a small number were sent out yesterday (MD/PhD?).

Actually a very helpful answer!

Reactions: 6 users
Yup I was told they can't comment on whether decisions were sent out yesterday but all of th rest of the decisions will be out on Monday. Hopefully that doesn't mean rejections all around!

Called and asked. They said all decisions (acceptances? not sure) will be sent out by Monday at the latest. They did not know what time of day they would be sent out (assuming around 4 again). They said a small number were sent out yesterday (MD/PhD?).

Actually a very helpful answer!

Hoping that means some will be sent out today so we don't have to wait another 3 days!

Just got waitlisted :/

Interviewed early November, LM 76

Waitlisted just now. Can't say I wasn't expecting it after I heard that more acceptances were sent yesterday. Oh well!

Interviewed early Nov, LM 75.

Waitlisted as well. Late Nov.

Not sure what to expect regarding movement off the waitlist.