2019-2020 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wish but sadly nothing to report here

Members don't see this ad.

I know fb groups are not the best way to estimate how full the class is but recently the number hasn't moved much and only current students have been added to the group. However, I think there are a few admitted applicants still waiting on other schools. fingers crossed that folks hear after July 6, the CTE deadline

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Are classes and labs online or in person?
From the accepted student FB page:
“ ... I will outline the current plan - obviously things can change at any point based on NY state regulations and what the school thinks is safe, so please bare with us!! They are working so hard to keep the curriculum as great as it is, without putting anyone in an unsafe position. The current plan is: Anatomy, Histology, and Foundations of Clinical Medicine (FCM) will still be at the beginning of the year. Histology will be run as an online course. Anatomy will still have in person sessions. There will also be in person sessions for the FCM course where you will learn to do the Physical Exam (heart, lungs, ears, eyes, etc). Students will be given masks, face shields etc to wear during in person groups. Rooms will be cleaned between sessions.”

Accepted this morning, 9:13am off of WL! The WL is moving again!

Good luck to all remaining on WL.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Was accepted on June 18th! (OOS) Only sent a letter of interest on April 30

Reactions: 5 users
Sorry I’ve been traveling is CTE by 12 AM today or yesterday

Sorry I’ve been traveling is CTE by 12 AM today or yesterday
As per the acceptance protocols pdf, you need to hit CTE by July 6 ie today is the deadline. dont wait til 11:59 lmao

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Friend who is admitted here told me that they spoke to admissions and found out that the class is full

• Sad
Friend who is admitted here told me that they spoke to admissions and found out that the class is full
To be fair all classes accross the country are full. The way waitlists work at this point Are the classes are full... and if people withdraw their spot is filled.

Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed in January and waitlisted. I was offered a seat through early admissions for the class of 2025 earlier this week! Has anyone else got this email/offer?

Reactions: 7 users
I interviewed in January and waitlisted. I was offered a seat through early admissions for the class of 2025 earlier this week! Has anyone else got this email/offer?
That’s great! Travel, see the world, do the things that you probably won’t have a chance to do for the 4 years you’re in school. Congrats!

Reactions: 1 user
They have done this the past two cycles! I would take it and run.

Does anyone know if there is a secondary for the 2021 cycle or only CASPER?

Any hear back from the WL in the last few days? When's the last day to hear back before getting an R?

Is this the same as a deferred acceptance, and if so how many does NYMC typically do? I interviewed in February and was placed on the waitlist. Have not heard anything back since then. I would love to hear SOMETHING and would absolutely take class of 2025 over nothing this year as NYMC is my top choice.

Congrats to those who received acceptances for the class of 2025! Did you apply for the Early Decision Program and not apply to any other schools, or were you notified of acceptance to 2025 out of the blue?

Congrats to those who received acceptances for the class of 2025! Did you apply for the Early Decision Program and not apply to any other schools, or were you notified of acceptance to 2025 out of the blue?
I submitted a regular application for the 2020 cycle and was offered an acceptance to the Early Assurance Program for 2021, which requires a submission of the 2021 application and selecting 'Early Assurance' on the application (which must be pre-approved by NYMC) and selecting only NYMC for medical school. Rec letters and supplemental q's don't need to be re-submitted.

Has there been a more detailed course schedule that shows test dates uploaded?

Just received this email from NYMC admissions:

Dear XXX,

Thank you for waiting patiently to hear from us. Unfortunately, At this time our class is fully subscribed and we are unable to offer you a spot in the class entering in 2020.

If you are considering re-applying to medical school in the future, we suggest you speak with your pre-med advisor or other faculty who know you or with whom you have had recent contact regarding your application credentials.

Thank you for your interest in New York Medical College, and best wishes for the future.

Sincerely yours,

Admissions Office

Just received this email from NYMC admissions:

Dear XXX,

Thank you for waiting patiently to hear from us. Unfortunately, At this time our class is fully subscribed and we are unable to offer you a spot in the class entering in 2020.

If you are considering re-applying to medical school in the future, we suggest you speak with your pre-med advisor or other faculty who know you or with whom you have had recent contact regarding your application credentials.

Thank you for your interest in New York Medical College, and best wishes for the future.

Sincerely yours,

Admissions Office
I got the same email. I almost thought they were trynna throw shade w that second paragraph.

What if your app does not get verified by amcas before the early assurance deadline
I don’t think it needs to be. I submitted the early assurance app recently and emailed them about it. They said that they received the app and will send the acceptance documents for the new cycle once they are ready.

My gmail storage has been full and not receiving emails since Saturday, did they send out the official acceptance letter for early assurance students for incoming class of 2021? I know the admissions director mentioned last week he'd be sending them out within the next week, just wanna make sure I didnt miss it

Last edited:
My gmail storage has been full and not receiving emails since Saturday, did they send out the official acceptance letter for early assurance students for incoming class of 2021? I know the admissions director mentioned last week he'd be sending them out within the next week, just wanna make sure I didnt miss it

Didn’t get anything yet!