2015-2016 New York University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know when applicants start hearing back about any scholarship offers? I was just accepted to NYU, and would love to go, but the price is pretty steep compared to the public school in GA I was accepted to...

Any insight on this (and not necessarily just for NYU) would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
welp, this doesn't feel too great. I was hoping for some good news, but alas. Congrats to all who were accepted, you guys are all superstars! NYU was definitely my top choice but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Keep your head up, it's still early.

Ahh ****. Congrats to all of you, looks like it wasn't meant to be for me. Slim chances when missing that first wave of acceptances.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, but I interviewed in late September. Looks like in the previous years that if you don't make this first cycle, it basically means you also won't get in the second round of acceptances. I'm remaining hopeful, but also realistic!

How confident are you in this? In last year's thread, the Feb people just said "accepted" but didn't say when they interviewed.

How confident are you in this? In last year's thread, the Feb people just said "accepted" but didn't say when they interviewed.

I haven't systemically poured through it, but that was my impression after going over the last 2 years. It's cruddy.

if we didn't get an email....are we assuming we're rejected or waitlisted? I interviewed mid-Sep

I think if we didn't get accepted now, we won't hear anything for a few months. Around Jan-Feb it looks like they waitlist or accept the rest.

I think if we didn't get accepted now, we won't hear anything for a few months. Around Jan-Feb it looks like they waitlist or accept the rest.
Ouch, that's quite a wait. I'd rather just get rejected now than wait around for the next few months knowing it's coming.

I had the same impression after looking at 2013-14 & 2014-15 threads.

I interviewed on one of the last dates in October, holding out against all hope. Though it likely won't work out ans this was one of my top choices, I'm grateful for having a reason to visit NY for a few days.

:( Nada. Keeping hope alive though. Weird that they sent out acceptances after my birthday post earlier. Le Sigh.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if NYU does second look?

No acceptance for me today. I interviewed mid-November. Is it too early for me to hear back or did I miss it as well?

I wonder when the next round of acceptances will go out.... From the 2013 thread it looks like some people who interviewed Sept-Nov and didn't hear back for the first round of acceptances were accepted in subsequent rounds.

Interviewed 9/9 and no news, looks like waitlist/rejection most likely. :( Based on past threads seems like second round is almost exclusively later interviewees.

interviewed early Nov, nothing here. Doesn't sound like many November interviews are in

interviewed 9/10 and nothing as well. Ah well...

ACCEPTED TODAY VIA EMAIL!!! This is my first post on SDN and also my first acceptance! I started jumping up and down at work today when I got the email. NYU is my dream school so I couldn't be happier

ACCEPTED TODAY VIA EMAIL!!! This is my first post on SDN and also my first acceptance! I started jumping up and down at work today when I got the email. NYU is my dream school so I couldn't be happier

Congrats! I'm waiting for my first acceptance, and I hope to be in your position some time soon...haha

Mind telling us when you interviewed?

Didn't get accepted. This school is my top choice... :(

Did anyone who interviewed in November get accepted or was it just September/October ppl? I Interviewed 11/19.

New Twitter post says that a larger round of acceptances is going out late January, which kind of implies that this round was kind of small. Do you all think early interviewees are still under consideration for acceptance?

Reactions: 1 users

Last edited:
NYU is doing things a lot differently from previous year's threads so I think it's safe to assume that we can no longer assume anything lol & the waiting continues...

Accepted last night via e-mail! Interviewed 10/1

In what ways different? Sorry at work now and can't really look lol

It seemed to me that there were larger acceptances in November and December and mostly everyone was wait-listed/rejected in early Feb. Looked at it awhilllle ago so you can check and make sure later lol.

W
New Twitter post says that a larger round of acceptances is going out late January, which kind of implies that this round was kind of small. Do you all think early interviewees are still under consideration for acceptance?
what's their Twitter handle?

congrats to everyone accepted - youre all amazing!!
Static over here and interviewed 9/8 so pretty much losing hope on this one for me.

Accepted. Anyone applying to the 3 year program?

They probably didn't accept me as a way to get back at me for ignoring that webinar email they sent the day before :eek:. Let that be a lesson to everyone!

II just now! So excited! Completed at the end of Aug

Reactions: 3 users
I was complete end of July and heard absolutely nothing. Does it mean it's over?

For those that were accepted on Thursday, did anyone get their official acceptance packet in the mail yet?

For those that were accepted on Thursday, did anyone get their official acceptance packet in the mail yet?

Just got mine in the mail a couple of days ago. Accepted 12/3! interviewed early/late Sept. One of my top choices, although I worry about the cost/housing.

anyone know if/when we find out about scholarships?

Interviewed here last week - anyone from around the same time remember when they said we would hear? I vaguely remember mid-Feb but don't know if I made that up :oops:

Interviewed here last week - anyone from around the same time remember when they said we would hear? I vaguely remember mid-Feb but don't know if I made that up :oops:
My interview was a long time ago so we might not be up for acceptance at the same time, and I don't even remember exactly what they told my group. But I do know that they will be accepting more people late January.

Just got mine in the mail a couple of days ago. Accepted 12/3! interviewed early/late Sept. One of my top choices, although I worry about the cost/housing.
Wooo congrats to you too! Got my letter in the mail as well!