2015-2016 New York University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What interview date ranges do you all suppose will hear back today?

Members don't see this ad.

Historically we're looking at 4 PM, I assume we'd have heard from one of them superstar applicants on here if they'd been out for a bit now!
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. Argh... only ~4.5 hours of waiting until I'm very excited or bitterly disappointed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Will they release all decisions? Rejection, waitlist too?

Will they release all decisions? Rejection, waitlist too?
Based on what happened last year, no... It looks like other decisions (rejections/waitlists) may come out later, in December... But, even if you're not accepted today, I think that there's still a chance that you can be accepted later on.

Time has never moved so slowly

Reactions: 3 users
I wouldn't be surprised if the acceptances they sent off today were for the MD/PhD group (that got em this morning like @neurotroph)

Reactions: 1 users
That twitter message is so cruel. As if any of us don't already check our e-mails every 2 minutes

Reactions: 6 users
Comically anticlimactic day

Reactions: 7 users
I'm glad I got nothing done at work today for absolutely no reason.

Reactions: 4 users
I cannot stop picturing the admissions committee members doing this:
got-ya.jpg

Or the people who were actually accepted today doing this to each other:
bo-shhh-dont-tell-anybody_thumb1.jpg

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yup. Died a slow death today.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys! So I interviewed here mid/late-October. If I have a few substantial updates, does it make sense to send them before they send out decisions?

Can someone please call them and find out if they actually sent out the decisions yet? I would but i'm currently out of the country :(

Hi guys! So I interviewed here mid/late-October. If I have a few substantial updates, does it make sense to send them before they send out decisions?

I don't think it would make much of a difference honestly.

Is amp down? the NYU application portal isn't working for me....

tbh wouldn't be surprised if something just broke with their website. I've already been let down 4 days in a row now....

so wait...if we didn't hear does that mean we got the axe........... I interviewed 9/14 and haven't seen jack diddly squat.

Maybe? Feels weird that there weren't a bunch of posts from accepted students like in most threads. Maybe they sent out a few and are going to do more later? That's all pure speculation, though.

Maybe? Feels weird that there weren't a bunch of posts from accepted students like in most threads. Maybe they sent out a few and are going to do more later? That's all pure speculation, though.
It seems like they sent acceptances only to md/PhD applicants. If they sent out mass md acceptances, people would be posting about it here.

A friend at NYU seemed to tell me not to worry too much about it bc they do things strangely ?? idk.

keep the faith y'all

It seems like they sent acceptances only to md/PhD applicants. If they sent out mass md acceptances, people would be posting about it here.

Yep, that's what it seems like to me too. We'll all know where we stand... some day

Hopefully we'll hear something by this week or else it'll be Thanksgiving break...

Anyone completed back in July still waiting to hear back? I have heard nothing from them. No Reject, No II, Nada.

Just got an interview invite here. Complete August 18.

Reactions: 7 users
So does anyone have any sort of clue as to when we'll be hearing back? getting wayy too anxious lol

So does anyone have any sort of clue as to when we'll be hearing back? getting wayy too anxious lol

same. I looked back at 2013-2014 and it looks like their first decision date wasn't until December, so it really depends on how NYU is feeling this year I guess...

Probably just doesn't take long to review apps anymore because so few are being received.

It doesn't *mean* anything man. By this point in the game, you guys should really know this process is not linear.

I'll be interviewing here soon, does anyone have tips/advice about how to prepare?

When are all your interview dates? The amp portal says that they're only interviewing until mid-December so I'm wondering if I'm pretty much done for :/

For me, the only available dates in the calendar were in January so I chose January 11. Were exactly does it say they interview until mid-December? I'm not going to any interview if I'm esentially interviewing for the waitlist.

For me, the only available dates in the calendar were in January so I chose January 11. Were exactly does it say they interview until mid-December? I'm not going to any interview if I'm esentially interviewing for the waitlist.

On the home page:
upload_2015-11-28_11-29-59.png