2014-2015 Indiana University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's true, but people have reported getting IIs from Jefferson at like 11:30PM o_O
Fair enough, people on the Mayo thread are thinking news will break at 2AM!

Based on what we've seen so far (n=5) it looks like maybe for OOS/MD-only folks the line is drawn at a 68 LizzyM score... last year's entering class was a 68.3.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user

Based on what we've seen so far (n=5) it looks like maybe for OOS/MD-only folks the line is drawn at a 68 LizzyM score...
Yeah, I've been chilling out here having similar thoughts as I wait for more people to post their rejection and stats. Perhaps I'm safe at least for a short while... :p

Based on what we've seen so far (n=5) it looks like maybe for OOS/MD-only folks the line is drawn at a 68 LizzyM score... last year's entering class was a 68.3.
Where did you get that figure?

Members don't see this ad :)
http://medicine.iu.edu/files/8313/8150/1910/IUSM_Fact_Sheet_2013_.pdf for last year's class

and

GPA MCAT LizzyM
3.68 31 67.8
3.79 30 67.9
3.25 31 63.5
3.89 29 67.9
3.6 29 65

Average 3.64 30 66.4

Based on what people who were OOS/MD-only posted. This is assuming all they're doing is number-related, which it most likely isn't, but it's just an observation. #tryingtorationalizeanirrationalprocess
Great. I am so brain dead that I thought a 68 was a 38 MCAT with a 4.0. I promise I can math. This process is so mentally draining. :whistle:

Great. I am so brain dead that I thought a 68 was a 38 MCAT with a 4.0. I promise I can math. This process is so mentally draining. :whistle:
If it makes you feel any better, I majored in math, and many of us ironically suck at arithmetic while excelling at real analysis, non-Euclidean geometry, and abstract algebra. We use calculators for the trivial stuff… :p

If it makes you feel any better, I majored in math, and many of us ironically suck at arithmetic while excelling at real analysis, non-Euclidean geometry, and abstract algebra. We use calculators for the trivial stuff… :p
I'm an engineer so it only makes it marginally better ;)

Reactions: 1 users
I'm below that and OOS but haven't been rejected yet :S

I'm OOS and was rejected last week with a 74 LizzyM...take that as you will.

Rejected today. OOS, but from Midwest.

3.75, 37.

Complete July 10.

I'm OOS and was rejected last week with a 74 LizzyM...take that as you will.
Yikes. Was it unbalanced? Like a 40/3.4?

Edit: Dang, nevermind; just saw the other person with a 3.75/37. Reasonably balanced. Eep. Can't wait for my rejection.

Last edited:
Rejected today. OOS, but from Midwest.

3.75, 37.

Complete July 10.

Jeez that's crazy! I was complete after that so my number will be coming up... Sorry to hear! And yes, my observation was not the case.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks. I am a non-traditional applicant with an extremely medically relevant and unique story, which is why I do not include my stats on stuff. In my opinion they are not helpful to others to gauge "relative competitiveness".

Thanks. I am a non-traditional applicant with an extremely medically relevant and unique story, which is why I do not include my stats on stuff. In my opinion they are not helpful to others to gauge "relative competitiveness".
Very happy for you.....best wishes!

Did you include any ties to Indiana?

II people .... If you don't mind me asking when did u get the first email from Indiana saying they don't do secondaries? Thanks and congrats!!

II people .... If you don't mind me asking when did u get the first email from Indiana saying they don't do secondaries? Thanks and congrats!!
I received a II this morning, my initial confirmation came from IU July 3rd.

WOOOOOOOOOOW II. Can't believe it. received the primary confo email on 7/9. I was not expecting anything from this school, and chose to apply here last minute!

So I survived the OOS cuts but no II either. I guess that's still a good sign ... :ninja:

So I survived the OOS cuts but no II either. I guess that's still a good sign ... :ninja:
Same boat for me, though Indiana didn't email me until the 16th. So maybe next week I'll know.....

Same boat for me, though Indiana didn't email me until the 16th. So maybe next week I'll know.....
Got mine in the 11th so I guess we'll be in the same batch. Good luck!

chose to interview in northwest...just found out there's no airport in gary indiana :( should have chosen the Indianapolis site. o well they say once your locked in thats it:mad:

Last edited:
chose to interview in northeast...just found out there's no airport in gary indiana :( should have chosen the Indianapolis site. o well they say once your locked in thats it:mad:
Sucks. Definitely a reason there is no airport in Gary. Little scary up there :)

lol. thanks for making me feel better:mad:

I received the initial email on the 21st! Hopefully will hear something by the end of next week but more realistically two weeks from now haha

lol. thanks for making me feel better:mad:
Wait do you really not know that Gary is super sketch?
chose to interview in northeast...just found out there's no airport in gary indiana :( should have chosen the Indianapolis site. o well they say once your locked in thats it:mad:
Or that it's in northwest Indiana? You know near Chicago?

I thought IU liked OOSers to have ties to Indiana. I'm confused.

Wait do you really not know that Gary is super sketch?

Or that it's in northwest Indiana? You know near Chicago?

I thought IU liked OOSers to have ties to Indiana. I'm confused.
lol. nope the only thing i know about gary is that's where MJ grew up. besides that i signed because of the urban health focus, but after the airport thing i wanted to change it. yea i guess Chicago international airport is 30 miles from gary so i'll use that instead. im not sad about it honestly i was really surprised to gett II from here so God must be doing something with me...he must have a reason for gary! cant't wait for II...first one:claps:

edit: had to edit my post like 50 times ...i was typing to fast. must be the excitement i guess

Last edited:
MJ grew up in North Carolina.....

I think MJ stands for Michael Jackson.
Flying into Chicago is often cheaper than Indy, so Gary is not a bad choice.

MJ grew up in North Carolina.....
yes mj stands for michael jackson. and yes the jackson five lived in a house in gary indiana...trust me i know my facts about mj:)

This was posted earlier in the thread but wanted confirmation. Have people been receiving rejections/II's without having already sent LOR's?

yes mj stands for michael jackson. and yes the jackson five lived in a house in gary indiana...trust me i know my facts about mj:)
I thought you were talking about Michael Jordan.... My bad. Haha

For people with In state ties how did you go about letting them know?? theres nothing on the secondary that asks for it. so do you just send admissions an email?

For people with In state ties how did you go about letting them know?? theres nothing on the secondary that asks for it. so do you just send admissions an email?
Have to send a letter via snail mail

I happen to have been born there and my parents both went there which is included in the primary application.

For the people who also had an II, does your application portal have exclamation marks next to the letters status?

FIRST II JUST NOW!!!!!! Oh my goodness, I just jumped around the room like a crazy person. I am so excited. :soexcited:

Reactions: 7 users