2014-2015 Indiana University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm applying here as well. Verified on 7/17 and I received the email saying they will now look at my application yesterday. OOS and no state ties to Indiana. Good luck to everyone applying and condolences to those who have been rejected.

Members don't see this ad.

Aw I'm expecting one now too :( no ties OOS and pretty average stats.

lol^ I'm no ties OOS and below average stats. I'm just surprised no schools already sending rejections haven't given me one yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
yes, OOS. BCPM 3.85 / CUM 3.79 / 30 (10PS/8V/12BS)

Respectfully, best wishes to you! With your stat you should get to a school without any problem in my opinion.

Reactions: 3 users
Interview Invite today!!! IS EDP.
Stats: cGPA-3.8 MCAT- 31

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Interview invite today as well! I applied EDP.
Stats: GPA 3.86, MCAT 30

...if you have not sent in your application, do it soon! I am an IS reapplicant to IUSM. Last year, I sent in my application during October and interviewed on the last possible interview date in February. After meeting with admissions, I was basically told that the class was already full by the time they were able to interview me. I made the waitlist on June 4th...so, I still have a slight chance of getting in for Fall 2014. Last year, I made the initial decision to apply to medical school during mid-August, so I could not really have applied earlier than October (still needed to study and take MCAT, get recommendations, etcetera). But, if you have your application ready to go, I strongly advise that you send it in ASAP!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm retaking my mcat next week. Does anyone know if my app would be on hold until they receive my new score?

I'm retaking my mcat next week. Does anyone know if my app would be on hold until they receive my new score?
I have the same question. Received the email about waiting 4-6 weeks for an interview invite today but my MCAT score won't be available until Sept 2. My Committee Letter has also not been sent to AMCAS yet. I'm OOS if that makes a difference.

I am an IS EDP applicant with MCAT-32 and GPA-3.82. My application was verified on 06/06. At any rate, yesterday I received an email stating that my application had been "flagged" as a potential applicant for the Rural Medicine Program in Terre Haute. (I am assuming this is because my place of residence is in an extremely rural area.) The email stated that I should respond with an affirmative response if I would like to receive an application for the Rural Medicine Program. I wondered if anyone else received this email. I am not overly interested in the program, and was not certain if I should respond with an email stating this in order to prevent a potential delay of a regular interview invite. If anyone else is in the same boat let me know!

I just received an interview invite! So my previous post is no longer valid.

So, I'm a bit bummed right now. I'm supposed to take the MCAT tomorrow morning and was planning on applying EDP. I had called the admissions office a couple months ago and asked if I can take the MCAT in July and they said yes, as long as my application is submitted by August 1st then I can apply EDP. Well I just called them back and the lady just told me NO, in order to apply EDP I must have an MCAT score by August 1st too. Has anyone applied EDP without an MCAT score yet? I told her that's not what I was told, and all she said is "sorry for the inconvenience". Should I just try to apply EDP anyway or not bother?

Members don't see this ad :)
So, I'm a bit bummed right now. I'm supposed to take the MCAT tomorrow morning and was planning on applying EDP. I had called the admissions office a couple months ago and asked if I can take the MCAT in July and they said yes, as long as my application is submitted by August 1st then I can apply EDP. Well I just called them back and the lady just told me NO, in order to apply EDP I must have an MCAT score by August 1st too. Has anyone applied EDP without an MCAT score yet? I told her that's not what I was told, and all she said is "sorry for the inconvenience". Should I just try to apply EDP anyway or not bother?

Um.. If you call the office and the explicitly told you no you can't, I don't think you should apply anyways, that would look very bad IMO.

Um.. If you call the office and the explicitly told you no you can't, I don't think you should apply anyways, that would look very bad IMO.

I'm just wondering which admissions person was accurate? The person I spoke with two months ago said I could apply by August first even with no MCAT score back, but this person today said no I can't apply EDP and that the person I spoke with before was incorrect.

I'm just wondering which admissions person was accurate? The person I spoke with two months ago said I could apply by August first even with no MCAT score back, but this person today said no I can't apply EDP and that the person I spoke with before was incorrect.

I think you said while you were on the phone you told them you received conflicting information right? If you did and they still said no, I would go with that. If you didn't bring it up, then I would call them tomorrow. Or you can call them tomorrow and really take your time and explain them your question.

Hi all. Just received an II this morning. I'm on the east coast but have some ties to Indiana. Best of luck to all!

Hi all. Just received an II this morning. I'm on the east coast but have some ties to Indiana. Best of luck to all!
Congrats! May I ask when you received notification that they received your primary?

3.8, 38 OOS, rejected from MSTP this morning...

Last edited:
3.8, 38 OOS, rejected form MSTP this morning...

Did you have state ties? I am getting a bit worried about my application because my stats are not as pretty as yours. Also, when did you get your "application received" email?

I have some state ties but they were not mentioned on my primary application. Got the received email 7/9. I'm getting kind of worried for MSTP cause I got rejected from Pritzker a few weeks ago as well.

Last edited:
I have some state ties but they were not mentioned on my primary application. Got the received email 7/9. I'm getting kind of worried for MSTP cause I got rejected form Pritzker a few weeks ago as well.

I am thinking I should send a letter explicitly highlighting my state ties then. Hopefully they will receive it before I get automatically rejected. I don't know much about applying MSTP, but it is still super early in the cycle and IU has a huge in state preference. Keep your chin up! :)

What are the interview dates for those of you accepted EDP? I only recently submitted EDP, but my adviser told me interviews are usually early September for EDP. If verification takes 6 weeks, I won't be verified by those interview dates :(

What are the interview dates for those of you accepted EDP? I only recently submitted EDP, but my adviser told me interviews are usually early September for EDP. If verification takes 6 weeks, I won't be verified by those interview dates :(

I don't have an actual date yet, I just selected the campus I preferred to interview at (note: it doesn't impact what campus you end up at).

verified July 2
OOS
MCAT >30(balanced)
uGPA 3.25
SMP GPA 3.96
very strong ECs(research +leadership heavy)

Not looking good for me, I have a similar story! Sorry to hear..
not terribly upset..looking at MSAR, being OOS w/no ties to Indiana or the midwest in anway- i thought it was a reach school

not terribly upset..looking at MSAR, being OOS w/no ties to Indiana or the midwest in anway- i thought it was a reach school
Is this one of those state schools like Mizzou that is more likely to take OOS candidates from adjacent states?

Rejected here as well. OOS, but in the Midwest. MD only. 29mcat/3.89gpa. Good luck to those still in the running! :)

OOS (not midwest) rejected. 29 MCAT, 3.6 undergrad GPA 3.5 sGPA, masters GPA 3.53.

Is this one of those state schools like Mizzou that is more likely to take OOS candidates from adjacent states?
Only MD med school in Indiana. About 70% in state applicants get interviewed as opposed to 13% OOS. I'm sure they want higher stats from out of state to offset lower stats from In state

Only MD med school in Indiana. About 70% in state applicants get interviewed as opposed to 13% OOS. I'm sure they want higher stats from out of state to offset lower stats from In state
Maybe they want only OOS-ers with really high MCATs? Not necessarily GPA?

Sorry, my question was more asking whether people in adjacent states have an advantage over people in non-adjacent states. In-state advantage is already a given. Anyone know?

I got mine after that so maybe I'm next in line given other people.
I also got mine on July 9th exactly, so now I'm refreshing my email every five seconds expecting a rejection. Haha.

I also got mine on July 9th exactly, so now I'm refreshing my email every five seconds expecting a rejection. Haha.
oh man, I do the same thing, it's not like we're going to make it happen, also it's after hours over there anyway, they probably aren't going past 5!

oh man, I do the same thing, it's not like we're going to make it happen, also it's after hours over there anyway, they probably aren't going past 5!
That's true, but people have reported getting IIs from Jefferson at like 11:30PM o_O