2011-2012 Drexel Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
withdrew my spot. good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

just withdrew my acceptance as well. Good luck to all of those on the wait list!!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
interviewed Jan 25, got my "Decision has been made" status change this week...waitlist one day before D-Day...excellent.
:sleep:

Good luck to all my fellow brothers and sisters on the waitlist. Although Drexel probably won't go to the list tomorrow (most likely in June), I hope all of us receive some good news some time within the next couple of months!

Good luck to all my fellow brothers and sisters on the waitlist. Although Drexel probably won't go to the list tomorrow (most likely in June), I hope all of us receive some good news some time within the next couple of months!

By the looks of the thread, there's gonna be a maverick wave on the wait list to acceptances :D

Is there a facebook page? I need to start looking for places to live

Does anybody know how they contact you if you get off the waitlist? Or at the very least, how have they done it in the past?

Does anybody know how they contact you if you get off the waitlist? Or at the very least, how have they done it in the past?

In previous years' threads it was a phone call from Dr. Parrish, which began around then end of may early June.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you looking for a place to live,

I have a Room in the East Falls neighborhood of Philadelphia for 525/mo + utils. We are two male med students going into our second year at Drexelmed. It is very homey, safe, and has free parking. The Queen Lane campus is about a 10-15 minute walk from the place. Also the SEPTA train is about a block from my front door. The home is fully furnished except the bedroom you would be taking. If you like Sports that is a plus, also we are pretty chill and like to keep in decent shape. The room is available 8/1. Please PM me if you're interested.

Greetings,
Got in a while back, but haven't heard anything in a while. Has anyone gotten any Admin paperwork (besides the request for $100 to confirm your spot)? Specifically: transcript requests, medical history, tuition payments, etc.

Thanks,
PS, see ya'll in August and good luck and much love for those who are still waiting.

I am currently looking for a roommate for a 2 BR apt right next to school. Rent would be approx 600/ month + pet friendly, if anybody's interested.

Greetings,
Got in a while back, but haven't heard anything in a while. Has anyone gotten any Admin paperwork (besides the request for $100 to confirm your spot)? Specifically: transcript requests, medical history, tuition payments, etc.

Thanks,
PS, see ya'll in August and good luck and much love for those who are still waiting.

We should be receiving a ton of things once they plan out the orientation. Since they just had commencement, i'm guessing they will now start working on getting stuff out to us within the next month.

Anybody that got in and paid the $100 deposit has gotten the message "As per your request, your application to Drexel University has been withdrawn" under your application status for no reason? I never withdrew or even mentioned anything about withdrawing. Also has anyone received scholarship or financial aid packages yet? Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Anybody that got in and paid the $100 deposit has gotten the message "As per your request, your application to Drexel University has been withdrawn" under your application status for no reason? I never withdrew or even mentioned anything about withdrawing. Also has anyone received scholarship or financial aid packages yet? Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

O.M.G. I would be freaking out if that were to happen to me! I hope everything works out!

Withdrew my acceptance recently, was a tough decision but good luck to all of you.

When do you guys think wait list will start moving?

I am trying to figure out where to live. I grew up in Mt. Airy (it's 5 minutes from east falls) and definitely do not want to live in east falls/Roxborough/Manayunk.

I know that I want to live in center city but am trying to decide where would be convenient/enjoyable/affordable.

Does anyone know how close I want to be to Hahnemann? Friends had recommended living in Fitler's Square but I'm worried that would be too far from Hahnemann. Does anyone have suggestions for areas or neighborhoods to look at?

20981529.jpg

IIRC from last year, after the 15th they go through the entire WL again and rank it (no, they won't tell you where you are.) I thought they started pulling from it in early-mid June. Checking last year's thread could give you an idea of how long the wait may be still.

IIRC from last year, after the 15th they go through the entire WL again and rank it (no, they won't tell you where you are.) I thought they started pulling from it in early-mid June. Checking last year's thread could give you an idea of how long the wait may be still.

Thanks for the information! Now we know why Drexel has stayed silent almost two weeks post-May 15th. I always thought they ranked as they went along. Great to see that they give all WL'ers another review

At this point in last year's thread, people were still waiting on post-interview decisions. Is that true for anyone this year? It seems like they finished making decisions the first week of June and then waitlist movement started like a week later... I'm starting to study for the MCAT again and all I can think about is Drexel's waitlist. It's very distracting!

At this point in last year's thread, people were still waiting on post-interview decisions. Is that true for anyone this year? It seems like they finished making decisions the first week of June and then waitlist movement started like a week later... I'm starting to study for the MCAT again and all I can think about is Drexel's waitlist. It's very distracting!

I am in the same boat as you...it is so distracting knowing that I might be studying for no reason.

same here!

Are any of you guys planning on reapplying next week? I want to wait for WL movement, but I don't want to make the same mistake I made last year and submit in July -__-.... I'm set on going to Drexel, so I even considered sending my application early decision this time around. any thoughts? and can we please get this waitlist moving!!!! I'm losing my mind. :bang:

Are any of you guys planning on reapplying next week? I want to wait for WL movement, but I don't want to make the same mistake I made last year and submit in July -__-.... I'm set on going to Drexel, so I even considered sending my application early decision this time around. any thoughts? and can we please get this waitlist moving!!!! I'm losing my mind. :bang:

I'm definitely not waiting on the WL to submit. It would be cool to get a phone call before I spend the money, but since I've already splurged $2000 on an MCAT prep course, plus MCAT registration...not worth waiting. It's the secondaries that get really expensive anyway.

i'm reapplying! do NOT wait. i made the same mistake you did and applied real late and was waitlisted at all the schools i got interviews for. a lot of my advisors told me i "should have" gotten in with my stats and to apply the first date possible this time around. if you're set on Drexel there's no harm in applying ED in my opinion (assuming you have good stats), especially since you were waitlisted after applying late

I think you're getting sound advice. Apply as early as you can. Don't wait on your WLs to come through and get stuck in the same boat this year.

I think you're getting sound advice. Apply as early as you can. Don't wait on your WLs to come through and get stuck in the same boat this year.

Thank you all for your advice :D !! I was up early this morning sending everything out, soon as June 5th rolls around that sucker's in!! Now we wait..... Some more lol... Aaahhh!!! Good luck to us! Hope there's some movement soon! And good luck on your MCAT exams!! :luck:

Thank you all for your advice :D !! I was up early this morning sending everything out, soon as June 5th rolls around that sucker's in!! Now we wait..... Some more lol... Aaahhh!!! Good luck to us! Hope there's some movement soon! And good luck on your MCAT exams!! :luck:

What you could do if you want to avoid spending a ton of money is submit with one school, and add others once you're in the process of being verified (if none of your WLs work out for you by then.) I am pretty sure most schools won't look at your app until it's fully verified.

What you could do if you want to avoid spending a ton of money is submit with one school, and add others once you're in the process of being verified (if none of your WLs work out for you by then.) I am pretty sure most schools won't look at your app until it's fully verified.

You read my mind lol ... hopefully I won't have to go that far in the process :D:xf:

ahhh! got the call this morning, accepted off their waitlist!!!
miracles do happen lol

Status
Not open for further replies.