2010-2011 University of Texas - San Antonio Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
any in-state waitlist movement here lately?

Members don't see this ad.

Got a call from Dr. Jones yesterday offering me a seat. I had begun to lose hope.

congrats on the call! both ut-houston and uthsc-san antonio are great schools! i'd be happy with either, my fiance is at san antonio, and my family is close to houston (where my dad went to med school too!) either school you decide on you will get a great education and tons of opportunities! good luck with everything!

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats on the call! both ut-houston and uthsc-san antonio are great schools! i'd be happy with either, my fiance is at san antonio, and my family is close to houston (where my dad went to med school too!) either school you decide on you will get a great education and tons of opportunities! good luck with everything!

Thanks! I feel very blessed. Wish you the best of luck on getting in off the waitlist!

Thanks! I feel very blessed. Wish you the best of luck on getting in off the waitlist!

TxSVT, CONGRATS!!!! If you don't mind, can you pls provide us with your stats? I just wanted to know if I have any chance getting off the waitlist!

TxSVT, CONGRATS!!!! If you don't mind, can you pls provide us with your stats? I just wanted to know if I have any chance getting off the waitlist!

Thank you!
My stats are a below average MCAT coupled with a high GPA
GPA: 3.95 MCAT: 28 (10v, 9b, 9p)

Good luck to you abracadabra!

I spoke with Dr. Jones. He said there are currently over 100 people in the alternate pool. However he also said I was in the top quarter, does this mean the pool is ranked? I was under the impression it wasn't....

He also told me that currently there are 5 out of the possible 20 already picked from the pool. Why 20?

Scenario: I am committed to TCOM already and on te waitlist at UTHSCSA.
Isn't there a day after which you cannot get in off the waitlist while you're continuing to hold the spot at another school? Anyone have any guidance? Im worried I'm not going to find an apartment if I continue waiting...

As you hold a seat in a TMDSAS school, June 15 is the last day you can be offered a spot off of waitlist. So you can only be on waitlist for 17 more days.

My friend called this morning and apparently there was good movement from the waitlist but as of now all spots are filled. Hopefully a few will drop before school starts... :/

This may be a strange post but...did anybody else on here not receive anything from this school about their status (no acceptance, rejection, alternate list notification, nada)? I interviewed last October and never heard a peep from them. I'm obviously not holding out hope - put my deposit down for LECOM (DO school in PA) but I'm a little annoyed by the fact that San Antonio didn't even bother sending me a rejection. Has this happened to anybody else?

This may be a strange post but...did anybody else on here not receive anything from this school about their status (no acceptance, rejection, alternate list notification, nada)? I interviewed last October and never heard a peep from them. I'm obviously not holding out hope - put my deposit down for LECOM (DO school in PA) but I'm a little annoyed by the fact that San Antonio didn't even bother sending me a rejection. Has this happened to anybody else?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think SA has handed out any rejections to those who interviewed. It was my assumption that everyone who was offered an interview was placed on the alternate list. If you still care, contact them and ask them about your status... couldn't hurt. Congrats on your other acceptance(s) though! It's more than some of us have. :)

Last edited:
Can admissions people tell you where you are on the waitlist? I want to know so bad:scared:

Just got a call from Dr. Jones this morning while I was driving, almost wrecked when I found out. I am so excited and cannot wait to meet everyone.

I just wanted to share that I was offered a spot of the waitlist. Whatever you do, don't give up hope and keep sending quality updates.

Good luck everyone.

And for those who will ask. My GPA was marginal and my MCAT was very high.

Status
Not open for further replies.