2010-2011 University of Texas - San Antonio Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, on Tuesday do we get an email from TMDSAS, the Medical School we are matched at, or just log on to TMDSAS to find out?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

So, on Tuesday do we get an email from TMDSAS, the Medical School we are matched at, or just log on to TMDSAS to find out?

Thanks

My understanding is that the results will be posted online at or around 8 AM. There will be no email from TMDSAS.

Additionally, the schools learn the results of the match on Tuesday morning as well, and proceed to send out emails sometime later in the day.

Not a lot of definite information there, but hopefully that helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
did not get my 1st choice...san antonio. is it over?

did not get my 1st choice...san antonio. is it over?

Nope its not over!!! DOn't give up Hope. There will be changes to the waitlist over the next couple of months so they might contact you if they see huge movement in their waitlist. Good luck to you.

i.ve got 3 little girls and a military husband (doc) in san antonio, but i got a&m (pr match & match)

Congrats to all those accepted to the Class of 2015! UTHSCSA is a great place to be! :) :thumbup:

Hope to meet many of you at Welcome Weekend in April! :)

does anyone know if they are giving OOS acceptances still?

or any news on a waitlist...

Yes, we need some news from uthscsa...is there a alternate line? who is on that list? is there chances to get picked up? with the currenct a&m situation we need other schools to pitch in. a&m matches need some alternative plans to keep hope alive.

Yes, we need some news from uthscsa...is there a alternate line? who is on that list? is there chances to get picked up? with the currenct a&m situation we need other schools to pitch in. a&m matches need some alternative plans to keep hope alive.
that's right. I even talked with A&M and they refuse to take responsibility. They flat out told me to go deal with the schools on my own if I want to go somewhere else. They've really disappointed me, way to take responsibility for their own mistakes :((

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone matched to San Antonio but is choosing to go elsewhere?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone had any correspondence with uthscsa after the match? What's next?

Anyone had any correspondence with uthscsa after the match? What's next?

I called admissions on the first, they said that the alternate list wouldn't be available until mid-february. I'm guessing you have to call in to see if you are on it. They also said that they wouldn't start pulling people off it until March... BUT I was looking at last year's thread and it doesn't look like anyone got accepted off the waitlist until late may or early june, probably because the AMCAS decision deadline isn't until May 15.

Is there anyone who interviewed on the last interview day (20th dec) and matched uthscsa?

Is there anyone who interviewed on the last interview day (20th dec) and matched uthscsa?

I have a friend who interviewed on the last interview day, then got a pre-match offer 10 days later.

good for your friend. dr. jones said at that interview that no one from 20th dec interview date with be given pre-match. so...i guess they don't keep their word if they find an outstanding candidate.

good for your friend. dr. jones said at that interview that no one from 20th dec interview date with be given pre-match. so...i guess they don't keep their word if they find an outstanding candidate.

No, was my mistake. I went back and checked my email...my friend actually interviewed December 13. Sorry about that.

No, was my mistake. I went back and checked my email...my friend actually interviewed December 13. Sorry about that.

I was at the Dec. 13th interview and Dr. Jones had also mentioned that it was too late to dole out any pre-match offers. So, I guess they do offer acceptance that late in the season if they feel that someone awesome might slip away.

Did anyone NOT receive an alternate list email this afternoon? I want to know if everyone who got interviewed gets put on it.

Did anyone NOT receive an alternate list email this afternoon? I want to know if everyone who got interviewed gets put on it.

I didn't

NEVERMIND. i just saw it.

Got one too.

A friend of mine was interviewed last year and did not get one. I am not sure if its the same this year too.

I guess you could call or write to admissions and ask? I don't see why they wouldn't give you a straight answer. This probably doesn't help answer your question, but I interviewed at San Antonio and received the alternate list e-mail this afternoon.

I received an alternate list email also despite having received an acceptance via match to a school I ranked higher. Did this happen to anyone else? I thought you automatically withdrew from a school if you matched to a place you ranked higher.

I did not receive the email. I did pre-match here though. I also pre-matched at a&m and stupidly ranked it higher. I guess thats why i didn't get the email. grrrrr:(

I did not receive the email. I did pre-match here though. I also pre-matched at a&m and stupidly ranked it higher. I guess thats why i didn't get the email. grrrrr:(
on the A&M fb page a lot of ppl who matched to A&M also got an alternate list email...I also matched to A&M (regret decision terribly) and interviewed at SA but didn't get a prematch or alternate list email today :((

I received an alternate list email also despite having received an acceptance via match to a school I ranked higher. Did this happen to anyone else? I thought you automatically withdrew from a school if you matched to a place you ranked higher.

This is crappy news for people who actually want to go to this school - to find out they are on the waitlist with a bunch of other people who matched higher and do not want to go here. It seems like it will unnecessarily delay the process of getting a late acceptance offer.

I agree, I already emailed asking for my name to be withdrawn from the alternate pool at UT-SA. I was wondering if there was anyone else this happened to mainly because I'm a little concerned with the possibility of TMDSAS botching my rankings and perhaps pulling my application from a school I ranked higher on my list(UT-Southwestern) than the one I matched to(UT-Houston).

so realistically speaking, if you are on the alternate list, do you have a decent chance of getting in at UTHSCSA? how does their waiting list compare to other schools? And how do they decide being that they have no ranking system?

I agree, I already emailed asking for my name to be withdrawn from the alternate pool at UT-SA. I was wondering if there was anyone else this happened to mainly because I'm a little concerned with the possibility of TMDSAS botching my rankings and perhaps pulling my application from a school I ranked higher on my list(UT-Southwestern) than the one I matched to(UT-Houston).

I agree this is a problem. A&M situation + this is NOT good news

Is it possible to defer an acceptance from the waitlist?

No, I don't think they would do that. I think the error is that the schools are keeping you in the alternate pool if you did not match, regardless of how you ranked them compared to other schools. Remember, the schools have no idea how you ranked them. I don't think the error is that TMDSAS switched the process around, dumping you from all your higher ranking schools and keeping you in the running for your lower ranked schools.

I mean, they're ridiculous, but not that ridiculous... Right? :xf:

I'd like to try and clarify something for us OOS applicants...

What does it mean for us if we were not offered an acceptance prior to the in-state match? At this point, if we haven't been accepted, does that mean we've been "silently" rejected at this point and just have to wait for the official notification? Or is it still possible to be accepted as an out of state applicant at this school after the match? I interviewed last fall and have not received any notification of my status (acceptance, rejection, alternate, etc.)

Thanks for your insights in advance.

I'd like to try and clarify something for us OOS applicants...

What does it mean for us if we were not offered an acceptance prior to the in-state match? At this point, if we haven't been accepted, does that mean we've been "silently" rejected at this point and just have to wait for the official notification? Or is it still possible to be accepted as an out of state applicant at this school after the match? I interviewed last fall and have not received any notification of my status (acceptance, rejection, alternate, etc.)

Thanks for your insights in advance.

Did you have an interview?

Did you have an interview?

Yes, sorry I should have said that. My question was about those of us OOS applicants who interviewed, but haven't heard anything back since. Is it still possible for us to be accepted at this point, now that the match has happened?

I called a couple of weeks ago about OOS applicants who have interviewed and not been accepted yet. The lady I spoke with said that it IS possible to be accepted, but they do not put us on an alternate list and that the waitlist is made later. She said that they will keep notifying people about open spots up until the day before classes. Sheesh.

If I dont hear from them by March (and I doubt I will) I will try writing a letter to Dr. Jones.

I called a couple of weeks ago about OOS applicants who have interviewed and not been accepted yet. The lady I spoke with said that it IS possible to be accepted, but they do not put us on an alternate list and that the waitlist is made later. She said that they will keep notifying people about open spots up until the day before classes. Sheesh.

If I dont hear from them by March (and I doubt I will) I will try writing a letter to Dr. Jones.

So the best we can hope for now is to be put on the waitlist?

I did. And one of the med students (she was a senior) that was giving us info about the school also said she had the last interview and matched in. it's possible!

Just wanted to bump the thread. Anyone heard anything regarding the alternate pool?

Really? Nothing? I'm wondering if there will be any movement at all. Does anyone know when things started to get rollin' last year?

I just withdrew my acceptance today. Good luck to you guys!

Really? Nothing? I'm wondering if there will be any movement at all. Does anyone know when things started to get rollin' last year?

i e-mailed dr. j, he said around late may - early june

OOS - just got accepted on Wednesday over the phone. I don't have the biochem requirements so I was told to enroll in an online class through some new england school...I've got 9 weeks to complete a recommended 13 week course, which I will gladly do!

OOS - just got accepted on Wednesday over the phone. I don't have the biochem requirements so I was told to enroll in an online class through some new england school...I've got 9 weeks to complete a recommended 13 week course, which I will gladly do!

congratulations, just dont bomb the biochem course lol:thumbup:

Applying (3rd time) for the 2012 class!

My stats are meh though.

Status
Not open for further replies.