2022-2023 UC San Francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Last decisions came out feb 2nd, also on a Thursday. Lol it’s all speculation tho!

Members don't see this ad.

Last decisions came out feb 2nd, also on a Thursday. Lol it’s all speculation tho!
This is the first year they are doing admissions in this manner from what they said at the info session. All they guaranteed to us was March

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Didn’t they have interviews in February? That would be a really quick turnaround time

Members don't see this ad :)
Last wave, the first reported JMP call came roughly 2 hours before decision release *gulp*

Does anyone know what the chances of getting off the alternate list are here?

I interviewed in early January and just got the WL too. FWIW I know someone who got off of it a few years ago!

Hi everyone, congrats to everyone who got in! 1st year student here if anyone has q's :)

P.S. IDK how it will change this year since WL movement varies, but in terms of WL movement, there was some movement last year for the special programs (ie SJV-Prime) but 0 movement for the regular MD program (which was actually very slightly overenrolled by a few people). Maybe they're more conservative with A vs WL this time around as a result.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Got the call from the JMP followed by a WL email for regular MD.

Happy but still waiting on some WL action, which I fully expect to be very slim :cautious:

Did they say they would send PRIME decisions in April?
The didnt say April. They just said “in the upcoming weeks” and that they send the decisions in a rolling basis as they get accepted applications from SOM.

As an URM who went to community college and honestly thought my interview went terribly-- I GOT THE A!!!! Anyone from next cycle (or current) feel free to message me!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone know if we are supposed to accept the offer on the portal if we are not 100% sure if we are going to UCSF? I am leaning towards it heavily at the moment but need to see how the money situation shakes out

Just saw the A email! I still can't believe it

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone, congrats to everyone who got in! 1st year student here if anyone has q's :)

P.S. IDK how it will change this year since WL movement varies, but in terms of WL movement, there was some movement last year for the special programs (ie SJV-Prime) but 0 movement for the regular MD program (which was actually very slightly overenrolled by a few people). Maybe they're more conservative with A vs WL this time around as a result.

MSAR states:

Waitlist Information​

Typical number of waitlist positions per cycle
Approximately 150

Number of acceptance offers granted to applicants on the waitlist

Waitlist procedures and information
Applicants on the alternate list are not considered until after the May 1 deadline.
How does this jive with your statement? Is this stale data or were the 50 offers all from special programs?

Reactions: 1 users
MSAR states:

How does this jive with your statement? Is this stale data or were the 50 offers all from special programs?
Notice how this says "typically." Does not apply to last year, who knows about this year