2010-2011 Drexel Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The sad part is that you still have to tack on at LEAST 1 more week from your count when the status changes to "A final decision has been made" because of the mailing period.

For those of you that have received decisions by mail, how long was your wait after the final status change? I've been following the thread and have usually seen about a week, but remember reading some who have had a multiple-week wait before they got something in the mail.

I got my stuff in the mail about a week-ish after the "final decision" was posted

Members don't see this ad.

anybody knows how many people are on the Drexel waitlist and how many get off?

Someone in the 2008 waitlist thread said that it was 275, although I'm not sure where they got that number...Either way, the Drexel waitlist is known to be large, and most people tell me that there's "significant movement" from the waitlist, although I'm sure it'll vary from year to year depending on how much they overaccept by, etc.

Also, when I called, they told me that movement from the waitlist wouldn't begin until all the interviewees have gone to the committee, and I was told that might not be until "after June".

Members don't see this ad :)
Someone in the 2008 waitlist thread said that it was 275, although I'm not sure where they got that number...Either way, the Drexel waitlist is known to be large, and most people tell me that there's "significant movement" from the waitlist, although I'm sure it'll vary from year to year depending on how much they overaccept by, etc.

Also, when I called, they told me that movement from the waitlist wouldn't begin until all the interviewees have gone to the committee, and I was told that might not be until "after June".

:wow: :eek:

anybody knows how many people are on the Drexel waitlist and how many get off?

The Million Dollar Question. Take all answers with a grain of salt. I STILL don't know why schools must keep this info secret. I'm sure the person at the top of the list would like to start planning their move to Philly, and the person at the end would like to give up hope and start re-applying. What's the purpose of torturing us all? :laugh:

sorry - I didn't realize how I phrased that! I think she meant movement will start "after June 1st, but still within the month of June" xD

The fact that they're adamant about not telling us our rank makes me wonder whether they actually rank the entire waitlist >< But that could just be the paranoia speaking (Day -3, and it's already starting to creep in)

Last edited:
hey all,

did anyone get their password to the drexel online services AFTER the deadline to apply for their scholarships?? i've been calling financial aid and admissions for a while now and nobody ever answers (goes to machine, i've left messages). can we not apply for scholarships just based when we were accepted?

Just withdrew, good luck everyone on the waitlist!

Does anyone know the protocol to withdraw. I sent an email to [email protected], but is there anything else I need to do???

hey future drexel students

if you are planning on living off campus, i wanted to tell you about an awesome apartment building i found in center city. its a historic building that was just completely renovated to have a modern feel, everything inside is brand new, and each unit has brand new stainless steel appliances (including fridge and dishwasher), hardwood floors, central heat/ac, and a washer/dryer in every unit. the building has a 24 hour doorman and discounted parking across the street.

1 bedrooms start at $1350/month and 2 bedrooms are $2200+

they are currently doing a special for med students where you get $1000 rent credit and one month free if you sign a 13 month lease (which really cuts the monthly cost down if you average it out).

PM me if you want more info

Welp!

Not the estimated 6-8 weeks, but about double that: 12 anxiety-filled (yet hopeful) weeks later, rejected...could have just told me the day after. :D

Good luck to the rest.

Welp!

Not the estimated 6-8 weeks, but about double that: 12 anxiety-filled (yet hopeful) weeks later, rejected...could have just told me the day after. :D

Good luck to the rest.

Sorry to hear that. Thank you for sharing. I hope you have good luck at your other schools if you don't already have an acceptance!

hey future drexel students

if you are planning on living off campus, i wanted to tell you about an awesome apartment building i found in center city. its a historic building that was just completely renovated to have a modern feel, everything inside is brand new, and each unit has brand new stainless steel appliances (including fridge and dishwasher), hardwood floors, central heat/ac, and a washer/dryer in every unit. the building has a 24 hour doorman and discounted parking across the street.

1 bedrooms start at $1350/month and 2 bedrooms are $2200+

they are currently doing a special for med students where you get $1000 rent credit and one month free if you sign a 13 month lease (which really cuts the monthly cost down if you average it out).

PM me if you want more info

:laugh: Holy god, how many square feet are they? You could rent a 3,000 square foot home in the suburbs for about that much.

So, today my status changed to "A decision has been reached..."

From what I've read thus far on the forums, I believe that the lack of "FINAL" in this phrase essentially means, 'you're waitlisted,' right?

Members don't see this ad :)
So, today my status changed to "A decision has been reached..."

From what I've read thus far on the forums, I believe that the lack of "FINAL" in this phrase essentially means, 'you're waitlisted,' right?

Yup. When did you interview?

Yup. When did you interview?

Bummer.

I interviewed 2/3. My status was still "interview scheduled" until Wednesday, when it changed to "under review", and then it just changed to "decision" yesterday.

Bummer.

I interviewed 2/3. My status was still "interview scheduled" until Wednesday, when it changed to "under review", and then it just changed to "decision" yesterday.

I wonder how many people are out there who didn't get a decision yet. I'm hoping for some waitlist movement soon, but I doubt it will happen if they are still reviewing candidates.

Last edited:
On last year's thread, waitlist movement began as they were finishing up the last interviewees. I'm hoping they'll be doing this year, as well...

I wonder how many people are out there who didn't get a decision yet. I'm hoping for some waitlist movement soon, but I doubt it will happen if they are still reviewing candidates.

Still no decision here 15 weeks post interview.

Hi All,

Congrats to all those who have been accepted to Drexel Med, and good luck to those still waiting to hear! I am a Drexel Med alumna and am renting out my condo. I have lived there for 7 years throughout med school and residency, and honestly feel that it is the ideal place to live during med school. It is super convenient to school, downtown Philly, and Manayunk (where there are fabulous restaurants, shopping, and bars). My condo is also the perfect place for quiet studying. Please see the link below for more info and PM me with any questions!

Good luck!

http://pattyproperties.vflyer.com/home/flyer/home/33866001

Does anyone know when's orientation/first day of classes this year? I'd love to know how much time I have left to potentially get The Magical Phone Call! Thanks :love:

I'm still out there, and I doubt I'm the only one.... My status says I'm "with the committee", but it's been that way for probably a month. I interviewed 3/21.

I'm so anxious to hear!!

Does anyone know when's orientation/first day of classes this year? I'd love to know how much time I have left to potentially get The Magical Phone Call! Thanks :love:

I could be wrong, but I think it's the first week of August. Last year was Aug 3

hey all! i was wondering, can anybody PM me the essays for drexel? i'm going to be applying this upcoming cycle. i really appreciate your doing this. thanks... :)

hey all! i was wondering, can anybody PM me the essays for drexel? i'm going to be applying this upcoming cycle. i really appreciate your doing this. thanks... :)
Rosalind, Drexel typically doesn't have essays on their secondary app. If you're looking for secondary questions, you should check the first post of any school specific thread - they're always posted there and there's usually not too much change from year to year.

Status changed today from "with the committee" to "a FINAL decision has been reached".....

Is there any consensus on if this actually IS an acceptance? We've established it's not a waitlist because it has "final" in it, but is there still possibility of rejection? If it were a rejection, wouldn't I just get an email?? Can anyone share the actual wording of the rejection status?

Thanks for any insight!! I'm reeeealllly hoping this might FINALLY be my first acceptance!! :xf::xf:

Oh, also does anyone know if they'll tell you over the phone what the status is? I found the new status today after the admissions office was already closed and am hoping I can call tomorrow morning and get a 'for sure' answer.... Thanks!

Status changed today from "with the committee" to "a FINAL decision has been reached".....

Is there any consensus on if this actually IS an acceptance? We've established it's not a waitlist because it has "final" in it, but is there still possibility of rejection? If it were a rejection, wouldn't I just get an email?? Can anyone share the actual wording of the rejection status?

Thanks for any insight!! I'm reeeealllly hoping this might FINALLY be my first acceptance!! :xf::xf:

Oh, also does anyone know if they'll tell you over the phone what the status is? I found the new status today after the admissions office was already closed and am hoping I can call tomorrow morning and get a 'for sure' answer.... Thanks!

Yes, final = accept or reject. You don't know until you receive the letter. I would try calling tomorrow and prying it out of them, since it's past May 15.

Happy you at least got a decision, I interviewed 2 months before you and I'm still at the committee.

Yes, final = accept or reject. You don't know until you receive the letter. I would try calling tomorrow and prying it out of them, since it's past May 15.

Happy you at least got a decision, I interviewed 2 months before you and I'm still at the committee.
FWIW, I tried calling and wheedling it out of them, but no dice. I don't know if anyone can get them to crack. It was impressive.

Thanks for the response rabsa. Good luck to you! I'm definitely gonna call tomorrow morning

Apparently they finished decisions yesterday for everyone who has interviewed (or so I was told on the phone). Funny because my status still says I'm at the committee.

Letters are going out Tuesday.

Interviews 3/7

...and just got my letter today. Rejected. Good luck to everyone else

http://webcampus.drexelmed.edu/calendar/

According to the 2010-2011 calendar, PIL students have an earlier orientation of sorts during the last week of July. IFM students join them for the main orientation during the first week of August.

Hope you get the call soon wolfie! :xf:

Called this morning to see if they would divulge the status over the phone, and was told they absolutely cannot... Bummer :/ The wait continues...

Also, can confirm that the letters are going out next tuesday for everyone who got a status change thurs 5/19

Also, can confirm that the letters are going out next tuesday for everyone who got a status change thurs 5/19

What about all of us who didn't get the status change this week? It sounded like they told Rabsa that *all* of the decisions had been made... hmm. :confused:

What about all of us who didn't get the status change this week? It sounded like they told Rabsa that *all* of the decisions had been made... hmm. :confused:

That's what I was told on the phone, but I'm not sure what to make of it because I didn't get a status change as well. Who knows.

They're doing orientation differently this year - PILs and IFMs together. I believe the first day is Aug 1.

That's what I was told on the phone, but I'm not sure what to make of it because I didn't get a status change as well. Who knows.

Well, I just gave them a call, and they confirmed that I was still with the committee and that no decision had been made yet. Guess we might be buckling down for a another week or two -- the non-waitlist decisions definitely haven't all been made at this point. :lame:

Well, I just gave them a call, and they confirmed that I was still with the committee and that no decision had been made yet. Guess we might be buckling down for a another week or two -- the non-waitlist decisions definitely haven't all been made at this point. :lame:

Thanks for the clarification. Knew what she told me sounded fishy.

+1 :thumbup: to the post above!

Anyone have more info on whether the class is currently full or overaccepted and whether the waitlist has started to move yet? It seems that a lot of other schools have already pulled 40+ people from their waitlists...

^the first SDN member who got in off the drexel waitlist was on 5/29 or so (according to last years thread).

^the first SDN member who got in off the drexel waitlist was on 5/29 or so (according to last years thread).

Thanks :D I'm not sure how consistent the waitlist movement is from year to year, but I guess that means we could potentially see some movement this Thursday or Friday after the adcom meeting :xf:
That is, if the waitlist isn't moving already...

Just withdrew my acceptance, good luck to all of you on the waitlist there's going to be some movement soon no doubt!

Anyone else still without a decision? 17 wks post interview

Anyone else still without a decision? 17 wks post interview

yep, im in the same boat as you. i was told decision would be made by end of month which is tuesday if they hold true to their word. very tempting to go up there and make an appearance...you can only write so many letters...

Status
Not open for further replies.