2010-2011 Drexel Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yep, im in the same boat as you. i was told decision would be made by end of month which is tuesday if they hold true to their word. very tempting to go up there and make an appearance...you can only write so many letters...

You should! I wish I could make an appearance, but I'm too far away.

I was told the same thing on the phone. It sounds fishy. The committee meets on Thursdays, so if all the decisions have been made, then why isn't that reflected on our status pages? I told that to the lady on the phone, who said "statuses don't change until the letters go out." Well, we all know that's NOT true.

Members don't see this ad.

I told that to the lady on the phone, who said "statuses don't change until the letters go out." Well, we all know that's NOT true.

That's actually how it happened for me -- the decision was made on Thursday (5/19), but I had no evidence of that until the status change online last Tuesday (5/24) when the packet was actually mailed. Since it wasn't updated in the system yet, when I called last Monday they even told me I still had No Decision (see: my last post).

So, if they did tell you that they'd have a decision for you by the end of the month, keep watching tomorrow... just because your status didn't change Thurs/Fri doesn't mean it didn't happen! :luck:

That's actually how it happened for me -- the decision was made on Thursday (5/19), but I had no evidence of that until the status change online last Tuesday (5/24) when the packet was actually mailed. Since it wasn't updated in the system yet, when I called last Monday they even told me I still had No Decision (see: my last post).

So, if they did tell you that they'd have a decision for you by the end of the month, keep watching tomorrow... just because your status didn't change Thurs/Fri doesn't mean it didn't happen! :luck:

Thanks for the heads up! Hopefully your decision was a positive one?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats, Deuces. I take it you're definitely attending based on your sig? :)

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear! Hopefully the decisions come through soon. Rabsa, I think there were a couple people in your boat last year - waiting forever for a decision - sorry to hear you're still hanging out there. Wish they would arrange it so that it's more uniform for everyone.

Well today is the end of the month, and I still don't have any status update. Called again and was told to wait until next week. (And that's just for them to send out the letter, assuming I get a decision). Going on 18 weeks post interview - nearly 5 months!

Dang rabsa... that sucks. Are they giving you any info on the phone that is specific to your case, or just "no decision yet, try next week"?

Congrats, Deuces. I take it you're definitely attending based on your sig? :)

Yes indeed! :D

Dang rabsa... that sucks. Are they giving you any info on the phone that is specific to your case, or just "no decision yet, try next week"?

Yes indeed! :D
Nice! We should try to plan some sort of get-together for the Philly based peeps. Happy hour maybe? It's Center City Sips time. Or we could do something non-alcoholic.

Got the "final decision" status today. Took an extra day because of the holiday. Hopefully it's positive:)

Got the "final decision" status today. Took an extra day because of the holiday. Hopefully it's positive:)
Awesome, glad it's on the way!

Nice! We should try to plan some sort of get-together for the Philly based peeps. Happy hour maybe? It's Center City Sips time.
Yeah, that would be fun -- get a jump on all the meet & greet of orientation. Maybe we should toss it up on the facebook group at some point.
Or we could do something non-alcoholic. <--:eek: :sleep:

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome, glad it's on the way!

Yeah, that would be fun -- get a jump on all the meet & greet of orientation. Maybe we should toss it up on the facebook group at some point.
LOL! I dunno, there are always people who don't drink. Just throwing stuff against the wall, obviously that doesn't stick.

Good luck rabsa! :luck:

I hope this means that everyone who has interviewed now has a decision. Maybe this means the waitlist will start to move soon! :xf:

Found out I was accepted! It's my only allo acceptance, so I'm thrilled! The WL should start moving now that decisions are done. Good luck to all

Found out I was accepted! It's my only allo acceptance, so I'm thrilled! The WL should start moving now that decisions are done. Good luck to all

Congrats! Did they call you? Did they also tell you that decisions are done?

Congrats! Did they call you? Did they also tell you that decisions are done?

I got a "final decision" status this morning. I had a non-refundable $1000 DO school deposit due today, so I asked if they could fax a copy of my decision to see if I'd have to pay.

As far as I know, decisions are done. When I called last week they said all decisions would be made by the end of the month (May). Are you on the WL?

I am almost 16 weeks post interview and I still dont have a decision. Hopefully that will change this week.

I am almost 16 weeks post interview and I still dont have a decision. Hopefully that will change this week.

Did you check your online status page? Good luck, you should be hearing from them soon.

For those of you accepted (and hopefully for the rest of you who will be accepted in the coming days), does everyone get a yearly scholarship along with the acceptance? I got one, but it seemed pretty standard so I wasn't sure if everyone got one and if so were they all of the same value?

For those of you accepted (and hopefully for the rest of you who will be accepted in the coming days), does everyone get a yearly scholarship along with the acceptance? I got one, but it seemed pretty standard so I wasn't sure if everyone got one and if so were they all of the same value?
I think everyone is awarded the subsidized Stafford loan for 8500 in their acceptance letter, but that's it that I'm aware of. Are you talking about actual scholarship money? There was a separate form to fill out for eligibility for institutional scholarships.

I think everyone is awarded the subsidized Stafford loan for 8500 in their acceptance letter, but that's it that I'm aware of. Are you talking about actual scholarship money? There was a separate form to fill out for eligibility for institutional scholarships.

Ummm, yeah. I got a letter telling me I was awarded a scholarship worth X amount of dollars/year and I needed to send them a paper letting them know I would accept the scholarship.

Also, I didn't see anything about a Stafford loan yet. Maybe that comes with the Financial Aid Package? (which I have yet to receive).

I keep checking, but still no decision. Do you think I should give them a call?

Ummm, yeah. I got a letter telling me I was awarded a scholarship worth X amount of dollars/year and I needed to send them a paper letting them know I would accept the scholarship.

Also, I didn't see anything about a Stafford loan yet. Maybe that comes with the Financial Aid Package? (which I have yet to receive).
Oh, nice. You're the first person who's mentioned anything about scholarships. Congrats!

Stafford loan info does come with the financial aid package. You can check on Drexel One to see if your package is completed.

Also, vergas55, you can definitely call, but I'm not sure that they'll give you much information. At the very least, it'll let them know you're still interested.

U gotta be kiddin me, 18 weeks with no decision and now "a decision", is this real life or just the land of infinite waiting and uncertainty....SIGH

Greetings! I'm a current rising Drexel third year nearing the end of Step 1 studying, thought I'd pop over to say congrats :) I'm IFM. Feel free to send me messages if you have questions. I write the exam on June 18th but am happy to answer questions after that!

-BP

U gotta be kiddin me, 18 weeks with no decision and now "a decision", is this real life or just the land of infinite waiting and uncertainty....SIGH

well somehow my status changed back to no decision. i checked it on multiple cpus and relogged it. this is a crazy development and drexel has got me on some roller coaster ride. my status flashed to "final " 6 weeks ago then back to no decision. now it flashes to "a decision" and back to no decision again. they aren't picking up the phone right now either. ahhhhhhhhh

Nevermind! Excited to meet you all in less than two months!

Last edited:
Hi guys! I'm trying to choose a place to stay during my interview, the Student Guest House or the Moving Arts Bed and Respite. Does anyone have any feedback on either of these places? Thanks! :)

I stayed at the Moving Arts Bed and and Respite when I interviewed and it was wonderful!!! The owner/hostess was extremely gracious. The accomodations were clean and comfortable. The area surrounding the place was beautiful with easy access to a cafe and a food co-op. I can easily recommend the Moving Arts Bed and Respite.

I stayed at the Moving Arts Bed and and Respite when I interviewed and it was wonderful!!! The owner/hostess was extremely gracious. The accomodations were clean and comfortable. The area surrounding the place was beautiful with easy access to a cafe and a food co-op. I can easily recommend the Moving Arts Bed and Respite.

You replied to a post from September... ;)

:laugh: This confused me like no other!!
Same here!

lbmd, you might want to share that information around in next year's thread.

Orientation info just came out! It might just be busy work, but I have to say I'm happy to have some information.

Good luck to those of you still waiting to hear, especially those dealing with status confusion!

Last edited:
Does anyone know when we get the rest of the financial aid info?

I got the first packet (like 2 pages) about a month ago and it said there would be more info coming in June...I watched the online presentation we had to watch but other than that I haven't done anything. I want to be sure have all my financial ducks in a row (Grad Plus loans to cover the cost of attendance above the Stafford loans etc).

Does anyone know when we get the rest of the financial aid info?

I got the first packet (like 2 pages) about a month ago and it said there would be more info coming in June...I watched the online presentation we had to watch but other than that I haven't done anything. I want to be sure have all my financial ducks in a row (Grad Plus loans to cover the cost of attendance above the Stafford loans etc).
Which presentation are you talking about? I think I missed that in the letter. I only did the loan entrance counseling on the studentloan.gov website so far.

Which presentation are you talking about? I think I missed that in the letter. I only did the loan entrance counseling on the studentloan.gov website so far.

Sorry for being unclear - that's the thing I meant :)

Sounds like I'm up to speed then?

Sorry for being unclear - that's the thing I meant :)

Sounds like I'm up to speed then?
I think so. :) That's the only financial aid thing I've done so far. I've called their FA office about it but haven't gotten anything other than "do your entrance counseling and keep checking to make sure we've got records that your requirements are completed."

Would anyone mind posting/PMing the orientation info? I'm not seeing the e-mail yet.

Whats the deal? Has there been any waitlist movement here or no? Does it tend to move a lot or not really?

I had a (mostly) identical situation. I interviewed the second week of January with Dr. Parrish, and he said the exact same thing. "I'm not really supposed to do this, but as long as you don't punch your student interviewer in the face, you will be accepted here."

Of course, I felt extremely confident after that. And although I was accepted, I did think it highly unusual that he would say that.

I just interviewed with Dr. P for the DPMS program. The inteview went great. He told me I was definitely in, that my background was extremely unique, that I was exactly what they wanted. We discussed our similar backgrounds and Monet and the new art museum. He told me I'd be signing a contract bc he didn't want me going anywhere else; he highlighted the program as if to sell it. He said my grades and mcat were there. For DPMS, there is no student interviewer. I thought I was having a good dream. I was. Was rejected, not waitlisted, and he did not reply to my email for insight. Now I am praying for IMS.

Last edited:
going on 20 weeks post interview and still no decision on status page. don't know whether to expect a call or letter, or anything. ive called them and theyve said i would hear "really really soon". i just hope that waiting this long is worth it!

going on 20 weeks post interview and still no decision on status page. don't know whether to expect a call or letter, or anything. ive called them and theyve said i would hear "really really soon". i just hope that waiting this long is worth it!

JUST GOT THE CALL from Dr. Parrish!! I'm in!!!!

Yeah man I'll definitely come out for the get together. And it was pretty funny posting that and then getting the call. Something to remember.

Yeah man I'll definitely come out for the get together. And it was pretty funny posting that and then getting the call. Something to remember.
Congrats, tire! Too funny.

I didn't know you were Philly area too, you should definitely come for the happy hour!

Status
Not open for further replies.