2010-2011 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Complete 7/19 and still no invite. Sigh. Come on Einstein...

Complete 6/29 and no invite. Am I toast?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not complete, submitted like July 8th or something and my letters were in on the 28th.. this must mean I will be complete soon. Thanks oldman!

Edit: Oh, the irony. Officially complete! Really hoping for an interview here :)

Last edited:

Not sure about my own chance... but I keep on telling myself "it's ok... you're not complete yet so it can't be helped." LMAO! (I submitted 07/15). I think I have enough things to stress me out other than to wonder why I haven't gotten an interview from Einstein yet... though I have a hunch they probably won't like me all that much. If I do get an interview, it would be late late in the cycle.

When I go on to become a prehealth advisor... which I would like to do, my advice to my student would be... if Einstein is on your list, make sure you send it the very first day possible because the wait time exponentially increases from there on.

Members don't see this ad :)
No. This is never true for any school, and Einstein is no exception.
When I go on to become a prehealth advisor... which I would like to do, my advice to my student would be... if Einstein is on your list, make sure you send it the very first day possible because the wait time exponentially increases from there on.
Not necessarily the first day, but submit no later than mid-late August, unless you want to be interviewing for the wait list. You would think the fact that they interview until April/May gives the later submitters a good chance at acceptance, and they certainly do have some chance, but it isn't great.

According to MSAR less than 95 students matriculate out of 900-some OOS interviewees.

Anyone know how many are actually accepted? I'm assuming around 150-175?

I have a question about the disciplinary charge question... I have a minor violation on my record (won't get into too many details but it was really down to just me being too gullible). I was "admonished" - which means i was put on academic probation, without it going on my record - it's more of a warning than an actual charge. I talked about it on my AMCAS primary (even if it's not on my record, it's probably best to fess up).

So I answered yes to the disciplinary charge, but the tricky bit is, the probation was never recorded and it has been lifted since I graduated without incurring any other infractions. Does that count as "expunged"? Or would that be something different (like I would have had to go through my university's office to get it deleted - even though it's not on there - separately)? :confused:

I'm just a bit confused as to what I should write here, since I was put on probation but that fact was not written on my transcript or academic records.

Hey Guys, is it unusual to wait over a week for a secondary invite? My AMCAS was verified last Monday and I haven't heard a peep from Einstein or Michigan... everyone else has contacted me. Do I need to call them? I'm starting to get concerned :(

Hey Guys, is it unusual to wait over a week for a secondary invite? My AMCAS was verified last Monday and I haven't heard a peep from Einstein or Michigan... everyone else has contacted me. Do I need to call them? I'm starting to get concerned :(

took me well over 2 weeks after my verification for the secondary email from Einstein.

hey for those of you guys interviewing, will you be staying with a med student the night before? I live about 1 hour away I don't know if should or not...:confused:

hey for those of you guys interviewing, will you be staying with a med student the night before? I live about 1 hour away I don't know if should or not...:confused:

If you live an hour away, I wouldn't bother...especially if you're familiar with the area. On the topic of stayover hosts though, has anyone successfully contacted the woman in charge? I emailed her about a week ago and I never got a response...idk what to do exactly.

Thank you for the sweet, sweet relief. Damn, I feel so late already...

I feel your pain. I was verified 06/04. Got Einstein's 2ndary late June. SHOULD HAVE submitted it right there and then but whimsically put it off until 07/15. At this point, it's STILL not marked as "complete"

Members don't see this ad :)
If you live an hour away, I wouldn't bother...especially if you're familiar with the area. On the topic of stayover hosts though, has anyone successfully contacted the woman in charge? I emailed her about a week ago and I never got a response...idk what to do exactly.

Same here, I didn't get a response from her either.

I don't have an interview with Einstein, but I think the standard practice is to reserve a hotel near Einstein at the same time you apply for student hosts, in case the student hosting falls out, and cancel your reservation 24 hours in advance to get full refund. Good luck!

Any hotel recommendations around Einstein? I also haven't heard back from the lady in charge of student hosts...

Any hotel recommendations around Einstein? I also haven't heard back from the lady in charge of student hosts...
I suggest check your invitation email again. Having got an interview elsewhere, I'd be really surprised if Einstein did not provide its interviewee hotel information. Or, check the school's website?

They recommended the Radisson in New Rochelle in the link that they sent.

Sorry if this is bad manners, but can people who got interviews post their stats? Just curious...

Complete 6/28. No word- I think have been placed on the back burner.

Regarding hotels in the area, I was wondering why AECOM suggested two hotels that are fairly far way from AECOM. On hotels.com, there are plenty of hotels nearby (about 3-4 miles away). I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that it's the Bronx, and they don't want us staying there?

There is even one that is near an express bus that takes you near AECOM..

One reason for the delay of complete is the rec letters. I don't want to be specific -- I submitted my secondary quite many weeks ago, but one of my letters did not get to AMCAS until late last week. Soon after, I have got a completion email from Einstein. So I think Einstein is actually quite on top of things, but they just wait until everything arrives to email you.

Regarding hotels in the area, I was wondering why AECOM suggested two hotels that are fairly far way from AECOM. On hotels.com, there are plenty of hotels nearby (about 3-4 miles away). I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that it's the Bronx, and they don't want us staying there?

There is even one that is near an express bus that takes you near AECOM..

While the area around Einstein is fine, I'd suggest staying with a student if you can find a host. That is probably safest, easiest, and will give you the best taste of school life

While the area around Einstein is fine, I'd suggest staying with a student if you can find a host. That is probably safest, easiest, and will give you the best taste of school life

THanks for the info. i arranged to stay with a host, but the coordinator never returned my email. I figure there's a long list and delay in making arrangements, so that's what is taking so long...

Last edited:
I submitted all material on 7/12 and still haven't received a complete e-mail. I was planning on waiting out the week, but do you think it's worth calling now?

I submitted all material on 7/12 and still haven't received a complete e-mail. I was planning on waiting out the week, but do you think it's worth calling now?

I would say wait...they've got a ton of applications to go through, so they're probably back logged in downloading your letters and looking at your application to make sure it's complete. It took me 10+ days to get marked complete, and I was one of the first to submit!

I emailed her yesterday and received a response today...maybe you guys should try again....?

I'll probably give her a few more days to get back to me....but I had a question--did you say anything in your email besides your name, AMCAS ID, and interview date?

Interview invite on 8/10/10 for "after 10/25"
Complete 7/26/10

Last edited:
I'll probably give her a few more days to get back to me....but I had a question--did you say anything in your email besides your name, AMCAS ID, and interview date?

I included my interview date, amcas ID, and name and just stated that I wanted to stay with a student the night before my interview and she sent me the email and name of a student

I included my interview date, amcas ID, and name and just stated that I wanted to stay with a student the night before my interview and she sent me the email and name of a student

Cool..I'll probably resend her one if she doesn't respond in a few days. You sent it to Ms. Baldassarri?

Does anyone who submitted 2ndary 07/15 or later have it marked as complete yet?

Cool..I'll probably resend her one if she doesn't respond in a few days. You sent it to Ms. Baldassarri?

Yes, Joan Baldassarri...she responded promptly and I have my overnight housing set up....that's why I'm suggesting maybe you should try it again and just say something along the lines of about your email not working correctly so you don't know if she received the first email so you don't sound pushy...?

hey guys, yea i know its late...but do you think its ok to add this school right now??

Yes, Joan Baldassarri...she responded promptly and I have my overnight housing set up....that's why I'm suggesting maybe you should try it again and just say something along the lines of about your email not working correctly so you don't know if she received the first email so you don't sound pushy...?

Hmm, it's weird that I'm not the only one...but alrighty I'll send it out. Thanks for your advice! :)

hey guys, yea i know its late...but do you think its ok to add this school right now??

I don't think anyone can say for sure how adding Einstein in mid-August will affect your chances relative to someone who applied early, but there's a 100% chance you won't get in if you don't apply. :luck:

I don't think anyone can say for sure how adding Einstein in mid-August will affect your chances relative to someone who applied early, but there's a 100% chance you won't get in if you don't apply. :luck:

I second this!:luck:

I have many friends who attend this school and love it. Definitely one of my top choices.
I submitted almost a month ago - but still no word..:xf:

is there are way to check status?

I believe a "status" button will show up on the secondary website once you are complete.

I'm not sure though since I am not complete...I submitted almost a month ago now. Anyone else in the same boat?

I don't see one, and I am complete. I checked just now.

I think a status button is supposed to show up (it says so on the main screen of the application) after you submit the application.

However, many people, including myself, are missing this button.

I believe a "status" button will show up on the secondary website once you are complete.

I'm not sure though since I am not complete...I submitted almost a month ago now. Anyone else in the same boat?

I am. From reading this thread it seems a lot of people aren't complete yet. I submitted on 7/22, so I'm probably far from being complete :)

submitted 7/15 complete email today

Submitted the same day. My e-mail better be strolling in the next few hours, haha. Maybe you were the first person and I was the 100th person to submitted that day though...

Glad to see the "complete" status is starting to catch up.

I read about how someone got the complete e-mail in Dec last year. Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.