2009-2010 University of Toledo Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure itll continue to move for a while longer. I mean come on, the list only came out less than 2 weeks ago!
:xf:I hope so...do you get the feeling that wl are moving exceptionally slow?

Members don't see this ad.

:xf:I hope so...do you get the feeling that wl are moving exceptionally slow?

Yes! That would be terrible if after all that waiting for the waitlist and everything they filled up their class a few days after it came out.

Members don't see this ad :)
there hasn't been an acceptance in almost 3 weeks and even then it all happened on basically 1 day. WHAT'S GOING ON THIS YEAR WITH THE WAITLISTS????

I completely agree. :( I wake up every morning with my hopes up and go to sleep disappointed. I know there is "still a chance" for both of us...but it's hard to keep that in mind as &uly approaches. Hang in there! :/

Last time I emailed.... they told me the lady that handles the alternate list, forget the name now, was out of town till june 28... no action will be made till then. Im hopin for an acceptance after that date.

Last time I emailed.... they told me the lady that handles the alternate list, forget the name now, was out of town till june 28... no action will be made till then. Im hopin for an acceptance after that date.

That makes perfect sense. Thank you for that and good luck!

Thanks for letting us know! OK, so, let's hope that everyone is back from vacation tomorrow!! And.... that all of us get some good news! haha... wishful thinking, I guess? Good luck everyone!! Sending good vibes! :xf:

it's exactly 3 weeks since the last acceptances went out... the first week of June! Why does this year have to be so much worse than all the others. We only had about half a dozen acceptances after the priority list came out and only a couple before that. :(

has anyone withdrawn recently? posting here will boost the morale of those of us on the waitlist.

it's exactly 3 weeks since the last acceptances went out... the first week of June! Why does this year have to be so much worse than all the others. We only had about half a dozen acceptances after the priority list came out and only a couple before that. :(

Anyone willing to call tomorrow, and ask if the class is currently full/wl is moving?

Anyone willing to call tomorrow, and ask if the class is currently full/wl is moving?

I called today and she told me that they are slowly and continuosly accepting people and expect to for now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I have been following this thread for a while. I was put on the waitlist back in april. I received the phone call and email today with an acceptance for this year. I just wanted to let everyone know that the list is still moving and wish all of you the best of luck.

hey charger85, just curious, are you OOS or IS?

Thanks!

It looks like last year, there weren't anymore "WL acceptances" on SDN after this point (7/8)... :rolleyes: I guess there is always hoping....

I called two days ago to see if they could give me any information on movement of the waitlist or any numbers related to how many people were left, how many people have gotten in off the waitlist, etc. but they said that they did not have the number (I assume on hand since they must have that information somewhere).

I also inquired as to how late someone got off the waitlist last year and they told me someone got in a week before the first day of classes.

When I asked how many people were on the waitlist this year, the number that I was told was "roughly 130". From what I understand the different priority levels are assigned based on cutoffs of each person's overall score and may not be an even division into thirds.

Anyone else have additional information?

I don't have any additional information. I appreciate you posting what you do know. :xf: Still hoping (for all of us). This process is painfully long...

Hey there all, I just got my acceptance package today. Call last week. I can't wait! I almost feel bad though, I'm sure you all are just as qualified as I am, but then again we all decided to play this crazy admissions game. Good luck to all. I am IS and high priority. See some of you in a couple weeks here.

Hey there all, I just got my acceptance package today. Call last week. I can't wait! I almost feel bad though, I'm sure you all are just as qualified as I am, but then again we all decided to play this crazy admissions game. Good luck to all. I am IS and high priority. See some of you in a couple weeks here.

CONGRATS!!!!! :D I am excited for you!! Still no news from me; but, hey, it means the waitlist is moving!! Did you receive an email/phone call before you got the packet? Just curious. Thanks for updating us!! And, relax, YOU'RE IN!!! CONGRATS AGAIN!

Hey pppfcr... Thanks a lot! really can't wait to start, this was where I wanted to be. Dr. kleshinski called on the phone.. I was in canada though so I had my phone off and then he told sandy to email me and I got the news later that day. Good luck, I'm sure a few more will get accepted before they start... he said he was trying to pick up the pace to get people up to toledo to figure out apartments and things

Hey pppfcr... Thanks a lot! really can't wait to start, this was where I wanted to be. Dr. kleshinski called on the phone.. I was in canada though so I had my phone off and then he told sandy to email me and I got the news later that day. Good luck, I'm sure a few more will get accepted before they start... he said he was trying to pick up the pace to get people up to toledo to figure out apartments and things

When you say "pick up the pace" you're referring to finalizing the class right? Hopefully that means more people will get off the WL soon. The wait so far has been really long. I'm beginning to lose a bit of hope since most other schools are starting soon meaning that there's less of a chance people will be shifting around. Maybe they can just increase their class size and let the rest of the HP people in :laugh:

Thanks for responding!!! And, Congrats again!!! I hope Dr. K is able to pick up the pace... and, Panda Majik, that'd be SO sweet!!! I'm with you!

High priority OOS here, been following this tread for a while now, here's my input. Past posts summarize to:
High priority list: Girfaroo; uberswimmer09; wannabedokter; pppfcr; saucydave; Abacaba27.
Accepted: 5/17 - prettymuchvg
5/26 - Spectrum42; mdmd64; obiopremed10
5/27 - antartica
6/3 - nbellanc --- IS
6/3 - uberswimmer09 --- IS
6/3 - Girfaroo --- OOS
6/8 - Abacaba27 --- IS
7/2 - Charger85 --- OOS
7/12 (minus a week) - cocobobby1

seems like they pull people off in batches, so gluck to the rest of us, wannabedokter, pppfcr, saucydave. If anyone else got off the list please update. Thanks.

I'm high priority IS. Still waiting. Seems like people only get off the list on Fridays (at least the last few people have been).

I'm high priority IS. Still waiting. Seems like people only get off the list on Fridays (at least the last few people have been).

I'm still waiting too...has anyone called recently and asked about wl status?

Like I said in an earlier post I called a week or two ago and they said they couldn't tell me about any specific numbers.

Trying to find method to the madness that is the med school wait list is a recipe for disaster

I can't help it. I'm an engineer and have a math minor as well - it's in my nature to find patterns to everything.

If my theory is correct there should be some movement today. Anyone heard anything?

I just called and was told that there has not been any movement this week nor are they planning on it today. In fact, she did not sound too optomistic about (m)any more acceptances at all...

Thanks for calling and giving us an update. Not the best of news but at least it's some news...

Can't say I'm surprised... sorry, everyone, you're in the cycle with me. I tend to bring the bad luck. :laugh: :thumbdown: In any event, I am moving on to plan B... even though I'm still on the list. I appreciate all the updates, and I guess we still have a few more Fridays, Panda Majik! Here's to hoping!

Plan B: looking for jobs. I'm considering reapplying; but, need to know I'll have an income next year first. What about you guys?

I'm still debating right now actually. I'm in at Duke for grad school in Engineering but if I'm reapplying I almost feel like it would be a waste to do just a year (if I can get into med school next year).

Hey all, I am currently waiting on the hp list, and got an email for the masters program informing me about my acceptance. Anyone else receive this? Hopefully this means I am close to getting into med school! :xf:
-KB

Just got the call from Sandy that they had a spot open up.

I was on high priority, IS.

Congrats Panda! sure I will be meeting you very soon here.

Congrats Panda!

Just to let everyone know, the "MD Orientation 2010 group" that UT asks accepted students to join has 177 members... which may mean there are very few if any spots left in the class. I'm not sure exactly how many people they are accepting this year, but it's been around 175 in recent years.
Sorry :(

Congrats, Panda Majik! I feel like I've been right there waiting w ya!! VERY excited for you! :) hope you get to enjoy your last couple weeks of summer, and have fun!!

Hey all, I've been following this thread for a while. I just got the acceptance call today, so looks like the list is moving. I'm hp and IS.

does anyone have any idea when our first tuition payment is due? i gotta make sure all that money in my mattress adds up to around 60 grand

Status
Not open for further replies.