2019-2020 Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted this morning !! Nov. interview

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does UT have a vendetta against Nov. 8th interviewees? Even Nov 15 peeps are getting their decisions. It’s now been over 4 months since our interview :/ Really would like to attend here if given the opportunity. Anyone else feeling anxious or is it just me

Sent from my iPad using SDN

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Does UT have a vendetta against Nov. 8th interviewees? Even Nov 15 peeps are getting their decisions. It’s now been over 4 months since our interview :/ Really would like to attend here if given the opportunity. Anyone else feeling anxious or is it just me

nope not just you. Ive been pondering this.... their admissions committee must be split where certain faculty review certain applicants rather than everyone in the committee reviewing all applicants. It is either this, or once an applicant has received a threshold score for admittance they are notified even if not all members of the committee have reviewed said applicant. Thinking about this won’t help our neuroticism, but what else do we have to do when we’ve been waiting for 4 months lol

this application cycle has been really weird compared to last years. SDN was reporting interview in January, February, and March but it’s been radio silence this year since like December. The average wait time was like 5 weeks also...

Right?! I’m feeling the same way. This stinks.

Reactions: 1 user
this application cycle has been really weird compared to last years. SDN was reporting interview in January, February, and March but it’s been radio silence this year since like December. The average wait time was like 5 weeks also...

I also sent an email to the faculty who sent the “sorry for the delay” email like 2 weeks ago, and still have not received anything back.

I’m probably gonna end up waiting half a year just to get a WL you really hate to see it

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I also sent an email to the faculty who sent the “sorry for the delay” email like 2 weeks ago, and still have not received anything back.

I’m probably gonna end up waiting half a year just to get a WL you really hate to see it

Do you have any other acceptances?

Do you have any other acceptances?

Fortunately yes at a DO school, I feel bad for complaining. The step 1 P/F has me a bit anxious if I decide to do something other than primary care though so I’d like to go MD if possible.

Fortunately yes at a DO school, I feel bad for complaining. The step 1 P/F has me a bit anxious if I decide to do something other than primary care though so I’d like to go MD if possible.

An acceptance at any U.S. medical school is better than nothing. Fingers crossed we hear back soon

Last edited:
I’m wondering if all of this COVID-19 business is going to delay this answer even longer now...

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Will we even be able to matriculate at our respective schools period, if COVID-19 gets bad enough?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

• Sad
Will we even be able to matriculate at our respective schools period, if COVID-19 gets bad enough?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
After all this work, I can’t even imagine. I’m hoping by then the peak will have passed and we can start getting back to regular life.

To anyone who has been admitted!:

how long after your acceptance did you receive information such as financial aid and so on?

also does anyone have advice on where to look for apartments in Toledo?

To anyone who has been admitted!:

how long after your acceptance did you receive information such as financial aid and so on?

also does anyone have advice on where to look for apartments in Toledo?
I was one of the first groups to be accwpted and still haven’t heard anything from
fin aid, and if you join the fb people have been posting a bunch

Sorry for the delayed post everyone, but I got the big news today. ACCEPTED!!! 11/8 interviewee

CONGRATS!!!!! GO ROCKETS!!

Jan interview here trying to be patient as I am quarantined at home o_O

Sorry for the delayed post everyone, but I got the big news today. ACCEPTED!!! 11/8 interviewee

CONGRATS!!! Still waiting to hear back myself

Does anyone know how you qualify for in-state tuition? I know they mentioned getting it during your second year if you’re Out of state. But if I have family that live in Ohio is there anyway I can qualify for it ahead of time?

Does anyone know how you qualify for in-state tuition? I know they mentioned getting it during your second year if you’re Out of state. But if I have family that live in Ohio is there anyway I can qualify for it ahead of time?

You would have to be a dependent of theirs to qualify. If someone claimed you on their taxes then you are a resident of whichever state they reside in. If you file your own taxes then it’s whichever state you filed in.

I was finally able to activate my student account, if anyone else has been trying!

I was finally able to activate my student account, if anyone else has been trying!
Was it because you didn’t have a rocket ID or for another reason? When they sent me my acceptance information they didn’t include my ID so I reached out to them today and they said they will look into it.

Was it because you didn’t have a rocket ID or for another reason? When they sent me my acceptance information they didn’t include my ID so I reached out to them today and they said they will look into it.
No it just wouldn’t work! Did you receive a physical acceptance package or online? My rocket ID was online, I haven’t received anything ohysical

No it just wouldn’t work! Did you receive a physical acceptance package or online? My rocket ID was online, I haven’t received anything ohysical

Yes it was all online. Hopefully they get back to me soon since it said the scholarship deadline is April 1st

has anyone heard anything about financial aid, kinda freakin out since the deadlines are soon

has anyone heard anything about financial aid, kinda freakin out since the deadlines are soon
Not yet! And it doesn’t list anything on my student account either. I heard that last year they didn’t give fin aid info until after the deadline to commit?

The deadline for financial aid is April 1st, you have to apply for it. They will give out need based, merit, and non merit after reviewing the application you send them. Not sure when it actually gets dispersed though, I just know it’s after April 1st

I interviewed 11/8. When I contacted last week again about an update, they told me the deadline for the subcommittee they were waiting on is tomorrow, 3/25, and that I should hear by Friday. So hopefully that deadline applies for all of us and this will finally be a week with some certainty about our futures. Stay safe and healthy (and home!) everyone.

Reactions: 6 users
I interviewed 11/8. When I contacted last week again about an update, they told me the deadline for the subcommittee they were waiting on is tomorrow, 3/25, and that I should hear by Friday. So hopefully that deadline applies for all of us and this will finally be a week with some certainty about our futures. Stay safe and healthy (and home!) everyone.

Did you contact them via email or phone?

Has any December interviewees heard back yet?
I’m considering calling to find out the wait time.
I interviewed December 13th and I emailed today about when we may hear back. They got back really quickly and said it should be approximately 2 weeks.

I interviewed December 13th and I emailed today about when we may hear back. They got back really quickly and said it should be approximately 2 weeks.

Thanks for looking into it for us. Wonder what it means for Jan/Feb interviewees (tacking on 4 weeks per month to get to 6 and 10 weeks from now doesn't make too much sense).

Any OOS w/ no ties committing to Toledo? I had a great interview day and everyone was really nice, but tbh I can't imagine myself living in that area. I'm a city boy and feel like I'll grow to be super depressed in this area... (no offense to fellow Ohio peeps)

Reactions: 2 users
Any OOS w/ no ties committing to Toledo? I had a great interview day and everyone was really nice, but tbh I can't imagine myself living in that area. I'm a city boy and feel like I'll grow to be super depressed in this area... (no offense to fellow Ohio peeps)
I mean where are you deciding btwn?

It’s weird. I’ve called and emailed, but I still didn’t get a reply. Thank you for sharing this, it makes me feel better.

Same (besides the fact that I’m a woman). I had the same concern. I don’t plan to live in Ohio, it’s not for me. However, my main focus is Medical School and UT offers a lot to the students. You can always travel when you have breaks and 4 years flies by quickly. Also, it depends what your other options are.