2019-2020 Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
when do we find out about financial aid?
From what I saw in last year’s forum and the year before, they didn’t find out until after April 30th. Maybe mid-May if I remember correctly

Members don't see this ad.

From what I saw in last year’s forum and the year before, they didn’t find out until after April 30th. Maybe mid-May if I remember correctly
I remember reading somewhere they were trying to do it before April 30 this year, but I forget where and don't want to get anyone's hopes up

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
ehh from their most recent email "The COVID-19 crisis has resulted in unexpected financial hardships for some accepted students. Please stay tuned for more information from our Office of Financial Aid, including information about a live webinar with Ms. Anne Yeager, Assistant Director of Financial Aid. We are also extending our scholarship application deadline to May 1."

They aren't sending out the info before April 30 then
angrydoggo.png

Reactions: 1 users
ehh from their most recent email "The COVID-19 crisis has resulted in unexpected financial hardships for some accepted students. Please stay tuned for more information from our Office of Financial Aid, including information about a live webinar with Ms. Anne Yeager, Assistant Director of Financial Aid. We are also extending our scholarship application deadline to May 1."

They aren't sending out the info before April 30 then
View attachment 302529
Sad because I’d like to know what kind of financial hardship I’ll be looking at post-financial aid award

Reactions: 2 users
just withdrew my acceptance here - I really loved Toledo. Good luck everyone!

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Hi all! Does anybody know where most students do their M3 and M4 rotations? Are a majority now done at the Promedica hospitals / what percentage are done at UTMC? Thanks :)

Hi all! Does anybody know where most students do their M3 and M4 rotations? Are a majority now done at the Promedica hospitals / what percentage are done at UTMC? Thanks :)

From what I understand, UTMC and promedica are both home institutions so your core requirements and any electives can be done at either hospital. I’ve heard that almost everyone stays in Toledo for clinics unless you are doing auditions for a competitive specialty.

Anyone from Jan/Feb/Mar interviews hear anything else? I'm assuming no posts = no news, but just wondering.

And just like that, I got my response. Just received an acceptance offer! Was shaking when I checked my email. I'll see y'all in August (virtually or otherwise)!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know where in our UT Portal accounts we can view our financial aid packages? I'm having a hard time navigating the website. I'd appreciate any feedback

Does anyone know where in our UT Portal accounts we can view our financial aid packages? I'm having a hard time navigating the website. I'd appreciate any feedback

Once you log into myUT on the far left you should will see a bunch of different links. There is one that says “accept financial aid” I believe. I haven’t received any financial aid as of right now and have applied to both the unsubsidized and grad loan plus, so I’m not sure if anyone else has.

UPDATE: I received both my unsubsidized and grad plus loans.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to withdraw? Is it just by sending an email to the medadmissions email?

for all of my fellow waitlisted friends, has anyone heard of any waitlist movement yet? i know toledo delayed their commit to enroll from april 30th to today, so it's relatively early, but just curious!! i don't have much hope at this point, but just a little lol

for all of my fellow waitlisted friends, has anyone heard of any waitlist movement yet? i know toledo delayed their commit to enroll from april 30th to today, so it's relatively early, but just curious!! i don't have much hope at this point, but just a little lol
Haven't heard anything yet at this point but I was thinking the same thing. Hoping we at least get an update next week...

I emailed admissions a couple of weeks ago and they said that they typically don't start pulling from the waitlist until the middle of June. So we may be waiting a while yet

our PTE wasn't until may 15th and commit to enroll isn't until July 10th so expect most of the movement in the upcoming 6 weeks and minimal movement after the 10th.

ohh ok seems like we may be waiting a while then... hang in there friends!! and good luck!!

I emailed admissions a couple of weeks ago and they said that they typically don't start pulling from the waitlist until the middle of June. So we may be waiting a while yet

Thank you for sharing this. Gives me at least some relief because my only shot at getting in this cycle is to get accepted off Toledo's waitlist. Ohh the pressure :(

Thank you for sharing this. Gives me at least some relief because my only shot at getting in this cycle is to get accepted off Toledo's waitlist. Ohh the pressure :(
No problem! It's rough that Toledo is so late in pulling from their waitlist in comparison to other schools, and I am sure COVID isn't helping them stay on schedule

Was just accepted off the waitlist. Interviewed 09/27!

Reactions: 6 users
Hey fellow waitlisted people, when did you interview? My interview was november 8

JUST ACCEPTED OFF THE WAITLIST!!! INTERVIEWED AUG 19TH!

Reactions: 3 users
YO WHAT AN ACCEPTANCE OUT OF THE BLUE! 9/20 interview!

Reactions: 4 users
Dang everyone is getting that sweet A this week. Seems like a lot more movement than last year already...

Last edited:
Hi guys, so I also have been fortunate enough to get accepted, and am beyond thrilled. At the moment, I am a resident of Ohio and am considered in-state, but my family is thinking of moving to a different state soon. Does this mean I'll lose my in-state status and tuition? How does this work?

Hi guys, so I also have been fortunate enough to get accepted, and am beyond thrilled. At the moment, I am a resident of Ohio and am considered in-state, but my family is thinking of moving to a different state soon. Does this mean I'll lose my in-state status and tuition? How does this work?

I’d contact Bob Dilworth ([email protected])! I’m not sure what the answer to that would be, but if it means you could lose in-state, you’d have to get the ball rolling on the in-state tuition application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M2 here. Once you are established as an in-state student you are more or less "locked-in". It's not like the school is going to audit your bank account to see if daddy is sending you money from out of state (like what they do for us that were accepted as out-of-staters), and it's none of the school's business if your family move out of state. Since you applied as an in-state resident, you should not have any issue with having your tuition being automatically setup as in-state. Make sure you keep your in-town address as your school contact address in the MyUT system though. Make sure you setup your UT logins and go to the MyUT page and check your tuition statement (i think it's listed as my-e-statement) and double check to make sure you don't have a charge in there for out of state, and you are good to go.

M2 here. Once you are established as an in-state student you are more or less "locked-in". It's not like the school is going to audit your bank account to see if daddy is sending you money from out of state (like what they do for us that were accepted as out-of-staters), and it's none of the school's business if your family move out of state. Since you applied as an in-state resident, you should not have any issue with having your tuition being automatically setup as in-state. Make sure you keep your in-town address as your school contact address in the MyUT system though. Make sure you setup your UT logins and go to the MyUT page and check your tuition statement (i think it's listed as my-e-statement) and double check to make sure you don't have a charge in there for out of state, and you are good to go.
I’d contact Bob Dilworth ([email protected])! I’m not sure what the answer to that would be, but if it means you could lose in-state, you’d have to get the ball rolling on the in-state tuition application.

Thank you guys! I guess the first step would be to see what it says on my UT account. Problem is, my Rocket Student ID # is blank where there's supposed to be a number in my application portal. I just sent an email to admissions about this, so hopefully there's a fix soon.

Hey all! I just fortunately was accepted off the UT waitlist (11/8 interview)!

Here is my dilemma: I was holding an acceptance at another school (DO school) and I actually just signed a lease to live with 3 other guys on Tuesday for that school. I am not sure if I will be able to find someone to sublease at my place. Does anyone have any knowledge on this topic or have any guidance on what I should do?

Sent from my iPad using SDN

Is there a way to get in touch with the incoming M1 class? I tried searching for a FB group but didn't find one?

Is there a way to get in touch with the incoming M1 class? I tried searching for a FB group but didn't find one?

Sent you a message with some contact stuff!

Sent you a message with some contact stuff!

Hey! Could you message me the "contact stuff" too? It'd be nice to get in touch with the other incoming students