2009-2010 Texas A&M Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No news here either :-/

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
WOOT! accepted. got the email at 4:39

anyone with a november interview hear back yet?

Accepted!! I got the email at about 4:30 and interviewed november 12th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if A&M sends out one big batch of pre-match acceptances, or if there are several dates/a continuous trickle of acceptances?

Anyone know if A&M sends out one big batch of pre-match acceptances, or if there are several dates/a continuous trickle of acceptances?

no clue :-/ all i know is that there is at least 1 more pre-match acceptance email in december (and maybe 2...i forgot). the thing i'm not sure is if the people who interviewed before nov 12 (including nov 12) will be considered for that batch, or they were only considered for yesterday's batch. not sure about the trickling thing either.

anybody know the % of the entering class that comes in from the pre-match?

no clue :-/ all i know is that there is at least 1 more pre-match acceptance email in december (and maybe 2...i forgot). the thing i'm not sure is if the people who interviewed before nov 12 (including nov 12) will be considered for that batch, or they were only considered for yesterday's batch. not sure about the trickling thing either.

anybody know the % of the entering class that comes in from the pre-match?

i believe there should be one or two more waves (not trickling) total between now and december. if i remember correctly, last year's class was completely filled through the pre-match so they did not take anyone from the match. this is just what i remember filo saying since one of the girls in our interview group asked that same question, correct me if i'm wrong. of course that doesn't mean that this year they will necessarily fill the class completely before match...

i believe there should be one or two more waves (not trickling) total between now and december. if i remember correctly, last year's class was completely filled through the pre-match so they did not take anyone from the match. this is just what i remember filo saying since one of the girls in our interview group asked that same question, correct me if i'm wrong. of course that doesn't mean that this year they will necessarily fill the class completely before match...

Got that same vibe from the Temple admissions staff. It was either zero or just a couple students last year from what I remember them saying.

accepted. got my email this morning at 9. damn theres a lot of forms that come with it.

I know it's early, but I'm having a tough time debating between A&M and Tech. I liked both schools... can anyone provide any insight into why they would choose one over the other?

The only significant and obvious thing would be location, which is not that important to me.

For me, a lot of my decision is about personality match. And my choice based on that alone is quite clear. One of those 'go with your gut' type things. Besides that, other contrasts you could make are class size, primary teaching hospitals (public vs private), and research (Tech seems more active here--but I'm not 100% sure).

Scott & White would be the determining factor for me. I dunno if you interviewed at Temple but damn, it's amazing. If I went to A&M I'd do Temple 4 yr track. The kind of exp one can gain there is invaluable. If you are interested in pursuing a specialty like surgery then you gotta take into consideration where you will receive the best training.

I was also extremely impressed with Scott and White. It's apparently ranked among hospitals like Mayo (top 100 in the country). The clinical experience in Temple would be unbelievable I think.

First post but have been reading SDN forums for about a year now. So, I have not been accepted to A&M but interviewed at the College Station campus. I was not that impressed with the Hospital (St. Joseph I think), but it seems like the Scott & White Hospital is great (from what I have read). Can someone who has visited the hospital tell me what exactly they like about it.

Thanks

You can request to do a second look of the Temple campus. Ideally, it will be on an interview day so you can get all the bells and whistles that go along with it. Just email the admissions office and they will try to set you up with a date.

So TMDSAS said I received a prematch offer from A&M but I never received an official email. I contacted Amanda about it and she said they just forgot to send it to me! Received my prematch email today!!!!

:soexcited:

So TMDSAS said I received a prematch offer from A&M but I never received an official email. I contacted Amanda about it and she said they just forgot to send it to me! Received my prematch email today!!!!

Haha, that's awesome Congrats Doc

What an awesome surprise!

I interviewed on the 19th, and just in case there are any of you there still wondering what entails with the interview(in C.S), here we go..

I arrived at a little before 9 A.M., and couldn't find a single parking space where they tell you to park. I'd get there considerably earlier to get a parking spot(which they will charge you for). There was a long talk with Filo about their expansion, etc etc, followed by a tour of the hospital, and then lunch and interviews shortly thereafter. During lunch, we got to ask current students anything we wanted without any administrators being there.

My interviews were pretty intense, and they had gone over my application with what seemed like a fine tooth comb. I had a PhD, and then my second interview was just a 2nd year student. The student was VERY thorough with this interview, but was very fair also(no tricky questions).

It's a very tight knit family there, and it was a very enjoyable experience. The anatomy professor is a riot.

Also, for those people who have gotten in, how long did it take for you to get a response. I guess I'm asking this to the people that didn't get the response on the initial pre-match day.

Accepted at A&M today! I just interviewed this past Thursday, Nov 19... accepted today, Nov 24. We were told that only two more batches of pre-matches were going out and that both would be in December. So I was pleasantly surprised to received an offer today. they also said that they'd be interviewing three more groups of students, past the Thursday that I interviewed. So for all of you interviewing past the Nov 16 pre-match date, there's still hope! :)

Last edited:
Accepted at A&M today! I just interviewed this past Thursday, Nov 19... accepted today, Nov 24. We were told that only two more batches of pre-matches were going out and that both would be in December. So I was pleasantly surprised to received an offer today. they also said that they'd be interviewing three more groups of students, past the Thursday that I interviewed. So for all of you interviewing past the Nov 16 pre-match date, there's still hope! :)

Congrats!!!

Looks like A&M is still interviewing... got my invite today at 5pm! Phew. For some reason the website to confirm and schedule the interview day is down... so I have no idea when it is supposed to be!

Looks like A&M is still interviewing... got my invite today at 5pm! Phew. For some reason the website to confirm and schedule the interview day is down... so I have no idea when it is supposed to be!

what day is it for?
and do you know if there are still interviews left?
thanks!

Congrats! Did u get an email or did you check the website before it went down.

Hey congrats!

Do you mind if I ask when you were verified?

Thanks!

Thanks! Unfortunately don't know the date yet since the website is down; I'll post it when I find out. I received an email at 4:59 today, and it is for the College Station campus.

I was verified September 1st and I turned in the secondary fee postmarked on September 30th... Yeah very late.

Ya, thats awesome, you must have blown them away!! :thumbup:

Ok, the date is December 17th. That was the last date listed on the RSVP page, but I heard from someone who talked to their admissions office that they would be inviting through the first week of December (you could call and ask?)... I really don't know but good luck to those still waiting.

Cher-

Congrats!! What campus did you interview at?

Thanks for all the congrats!:) I interviewed at College Station.

Awesome!!! I am praying for good news myself. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

I got an invite yesterday too at 4 pm for December 10th at the College Station campus. The last date available was for December 17th, so don't lose hope guys. I am so excited to interview here.

For those who have already interviewed here, do you have any advice? How were your interviewers and what type of questions did they ask you (mostly conversational or question based)?

Good Luck to everyone!!!!

I know not many people on here have said they have a December 3rd interview date, but in the case someone does, and would like to switch me for the 17th, please let me know. I know there is not much a of chance that anyone will want to switch, but it is worth a try.

i heard A&M is sending out its second batch of acceptance offers in the beginning of December so basically sometime this week. Anyone want to make bets on what day? i'm thinking hump day.

i heard A&M is sending out its second batch of acceptance offers in the beginning of December so basically sometime this week. Anyone want to make bets on what day? i'm thinking hump day.

i say Tuesday or Friday or Wednesday or Thursday or Monday :p

but really i think Tuesday
:xf:hope i'm on the list!

Yeah, I hope I'm on the list as well!

Bananas, I see from the el paso thread you interviewed there Nov 12th? That was my date too. Are you the girl who was saying that "reading is the devil" ?

Yeah, I hope I'm on the list as well!

Bananas, I see from the el paso thread you interviewed there Nov 12th? That was my date too. Are you the girl who was saying that "reading is the devil" ?

LOL
nooooo i never said that ..that was NOT me!
haha
i love reading actually

there were some very ODD people that interviewed that day..i must say!!

Status
Not open for further replies.