2009-2010 Medical College of Georgia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
any movements?!:confused::sleep:

Well, all I can say is the following..

For the class of 2013,

EDP applicants ~210
EDP Interviewed ~110
EDP Accepted ~70

GPA ~3.7
MCAT ~30.5

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

Members don't see this ad.

i think the class is probably full and thats why SDN is so dead... debating calling up there to see if they filled the class

i think the class is probably full and thats why SDN is so dead... debating calling up there to see if they filled the class

The class has been full since March 31st. Everyone that gets accepted from this point is from the waitlist.

Members don't see this ad :)
Received formal Letter of Acceptance package via sm, dated 5/14 on Monday 5/17. Interviewed Dec, Hold, then waitlist. Accepted and heading to Augusta this fall!!

I was just wondering when you all think I should give up on mcg and start my life elsewhere (I'm on the waitlist) but have another acceptance. I want to go ahead and get an apartment, so... by what date would you officially move forward (Im thinking by the end of June?)

Also, for those recently accepted off the waitlist... do you get your campus assignment immediately or at a later time?

Thanks!

I was just wondering when you all think I should give up on mcg and start my life elsewhere (I'm on the waitlist) but have another acceptance. I want to go ahead and get an apartment, so... by what date would you officially move forward (Im thinking by the end of June?)

Also, for those recently accepted off the waitlist... do you get your campus assignment immediately or at a later time?

Thanks!
I'm wondering the exact same thing. I want to go to MCG, but I want to move forward with my other acceptance at the same time. Any suggestions?

I was told to expect a lot of movement around May 15 and then some around the second week of June when financial aid stuff happens. After that I think any movement is minimal... unfortunately for us all. haha

I was told to expect a lot of movement around May 15 and then some around the second week of June when financial aid stuff happens. After that I think any movement is minimal... unfortunately for us all. haha

Two Questions:
1) Based on the lack of WL movement, should I give up hoping to get off this list and just reapply early for the upcoming cycle?

2) Can I still apply to MCG for this upcoming cycle if I am on the WL?

Thanks in advance!

Two Questions:
1) Based on the lack of WL movement, should I give up hoping to get off this list and just reapply early for the upcoming cycle?

2) Can I still apply to MCG for this upcoming cycle if I am on the WL?

Thanks in advance!

No and Yes.

PS. SDN is no real indication of waitlist movement.

I know of someone accepted off the waitlist today. So don't give up on it just yet.

When do you guys think is a good time to start preparing for the upcoming cycle b/c I don't want to shell out another few grand if I don't have to... and thanks for the support guys :thumbup:.

When do you guys think is a good time to start preparing for the upcoming cycle b/c I don't want to shell out another few grand if I don't have to... and thanks for the support guys :thumbup:.

The second that the application opens.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have officially withdrawn my acceptance from MCG. Best of luck to everyone still on the waitlist! Don't give up hope!! :)

Does MCG hold any sort of bias against you if you apply EDP one year and non-EDP the next? Thats the word over here in Athens from the pre-med office, I was just not sure of its validity

OMG I JUST GOT IN!! Super excited. Where can I get info about standard aid packages, housing, what kind of car to get, weather, activities? AAAAAAH! HELP! I need to find a place ASAP dont i?

OMG I JUST GOT IN!! Super excited. Where can I get info about standard aid packages, housing, what kind of car to get, weather, activities? AAAAAAH! HELP! I need to find a place ASAP dont i?

hahah congratulations~ you sound just like me when i got in. :D

first thing you should do after sending in your reply to your acceptance and campus location, is get your immunization sorted out. it surprisingly takes a while because you need to have titer for varicella, hepatitis B and MMR which can take some time. You also need to get vaccinated for tdap or tdbooster if you haven't done so in awhile. so take care of immunization ASAP. mine took me 3 weeks to complete.

finaid information has not been sent out yet (or i am the only one who haven't received it... ) i have just gone ahead and completed the FAFSA ahead of time. also check your credit score since having a good credit means you will get better grad PLUS loans if needed. i believe 730 is desirable. i may be wrong.

housing wise, if you are getting an on-campus housing, there is an online application at the mcg residence website. i applied about 3 weeks ago and have not heard anything back yet. if you are doing off-campus housing, wait a little bit since most places have 30 day policies. so for late july housing, you wanna inquire at the end of june. i checked yesterday for housing, and most of the apartment complexes did not have a good idea of how many apartments will be available by the end of july.

and lastly, join the facebook group :) just search MCG 2014 and it should pop up.

weather: super hot. humid. lol :cool:

car: you won't necessarily need a car that can withstand harsh weather since we rarely see horrible weather (snow, hurricanes, etc.) however, a car with good mileage is preferred since you can't get around anywhere in Georgia without a car (even in Atlanta, its tough to live without a car).

Congrats.

Sent you a Private Message.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Do we suspect that waitlist movement is done and over with at this point?

You can assume that it's at a crawl if anything.

I know for sure that a spot opened up today, and another one opened up only a day or 2 ago. So it's still moving

Status
Not open for further replies.