2008-2009 University of Toledo Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember you saying that you got in from the alternate list in July or something like that. How did you rank on the alternate list before you got in?

I was in the upper third of the waitlist when they ranked it.

Members don't see this ad.

Depakote, I loved Toledo and that's where I want to come. I want to be sure about the tuition. You have and others have said multiple times here that it is very easy to get instate tuition after one year in Ohio/Toledo. You got it yourself. I think you even said somewhere in SDN you don't know anyone who couldn't. That helped a lot because I wanted to know whether it is truly a 100% for everyone. I guess there must be no OOS students after the first year because why wouldn't anyone who is OOS not want instate tuition? (Isn't that a loss for the medical school though?)

Do you think I should make a trip to UT only to ask in Fin Aid office if I can be a 100% sure that (if I get a driving license, plates, register to vote, lease an apt in my name, and take the loan from the med school for full COA in that first year- is it easy to get that loan, what else will I need?) I will get instate tuition from 2nd year onwards- get at least some kind of verbal guarantee??

Do you think I should make a trip to UT only to ask in Fin Aid office if I can be a 100% sure that (if I get a driving license, plates, register to vote, lease an apt in my name, and take the loan from the med school for full COA in that first year- is it easy to get that loan, what else will I need?) I will get instate tuition from 2nd year onwards- get at least some kind of verbal guarantee??

I don't know that you need to make a trip here.

I would actually call the Health Science Campus Registrar's office as opposed to Financial Aid. They're the one that handles IS v. OOS residency issues and they can give you all the details you'd need.

(I think this is the right link)

If you could wait until wed to call, that would be awesome... they're getting all the M2s registered for clerkships tomorrow and I think they're going to be VERY busy.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey everyone...i interviewed on apr 9, just wanted to ask those of you who have interviewed, does toledo notify you via mail, email, phone or all of the above? and do they only notify you if you are accepted? or do they also do so if youre waitlisted? thanks!

hey everyone...i interviewed on apr 9, just wanted to ask those of you who have interviewed, does toledo notify you via mail, email, phone or all of the above? and do they only notify you if you are accepted? or do they also do so if youre waitlisted? thanks!
For acceptance: email followed by snail mail.

Just got the acceptance e-mail today! My first one! I interviewed on 3/19, OOS for reference. So excited! I loved the school!

I have my interview there this thursday. I'm excited! Hopefully it goes well. Anyone else have one thursday too? And if so, are you going to the coffee meet and greet wednesday night?

I've just been accepted off the waitlist....first acceptance for me!

nontradfogie, I remember meeting you at the Case interviews. I was waitlisted there as well. Thanks for opening up a spot at Toledo!

I will be withdrawing next week. This one is tough for me to let go of because I really did like UT. Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
I've just been accepted off the waitlist....first acceptance for me!

nontradfogie, I remember meeting you at the Case interviews. I was waitlisted there as well. Thanks for opening up a spot at Toledo!

Thank you for posting that! It gives me some hope! If you don't mind, when did you interview and when were you put on the waitlist? Also, how were you notified of your acceptance?

Thank you for posting that! It gives me some hope! If you don't mind, when did you interview and when were you put on the waitlist? Also, how were you notified of your acceptance?

I interviewed in late March and was placed on the waitlist less than a week ago. The acceptance was by email. I was pleasantly surprised to be accepted so quickly after being waitlisted!

Keep your hopes up-- I remember hearing something like almost all of the people on the top-tier of the waitlist (after they rank it in early June) are ultimately accepted!

I interviewed in late March and was placed on the waitlist less than a week ago. The acceptance was by email. I was pleasantly surprised to be accepted so quickly after being waitlisted!

Keep your hopes up-- I remember hearing something like almost all of the people on the top-tier of the waitlist (after they rank it in early June) are ultimately accepted!

Thank you for your quick reply. Just for my information, are you in state or OOS?

For those of you who are current students or are more familiar with Toledo, do you think it is necessary to have a car the first two years? Do some students live close enough to campus to walk/bike? How is public transportation in the area for getting around?

For those of you who are current students or are more familiar with Toledo, do you think it is necessary to have a car the first two years? Do some students live close enough to campus to walk/bike? How is public transportation in the area for getting around?

I know students who have managed without a car the first 2 years. It's possible, but it significantly limits your options. Personally, I'd just recommend you do everything to get one early. Years 3-4, you'll need a car.

anyone who had an April interview hear any good news? Waitlist for me, interview 4/9...Bummer, really liked the place.

anyone who had an April interview hear any good news? Waitlist for me, interview 4/9...Bummer, really liked the place.

my interview was 4/16. I'm still waiting for a response. did you hear via email or snail mail?

hopefully things work out and you can get a spot. Good luck.

my interview was 4/16. I'm still waiting for a response. did you hear via email or snail mail?

hopefully things work out and you can get a spot. Good luck.

I interviewed on 4/23 and have heard through a grapevine that my name was scheduled to be discussed in tomorrow's adcom meeting. We'll see.

I interviewed on 4/23 and have heard through a grapevine that my name was scheduled to be discussed in tomorrow's adcom meeting. We'll see.

I'm just a hopeful pre-med's mom. *I* can hardly stand the wait, I can't imagine what you guys must be going through. Keep us posted. My daughter interviewed with you.

Alternate list. They said it would be finalized in June and we would know our spots then. Good luck everyone.

I interviewed on 4/23 as well, still waiting to hear back... Hopefully I get some good news.... that would be nice. I just hope to hear from them soon regardless...

I interviewed on 4/23 as well, still waiting to hear back... Hopefully I get some good news.... that would be nice. I just hope to hear from them soon regardless...

My daughter called them today and learned she was waitlisted. They said they're sending wait list notices via snail and will make position assignments in June.

Dammit. Just called and got waitlisted as well. Interviewed on 4/13

waitlist for me as well... interviewed 4/23...

So... um... if we haven't gotten in by now, should we just be waiting for June 1st and hope that we are ranked in the top 1/3 of the waiting list?

So... um... if we haven't gotten in by now, should we just be waiting for June 1st and hope that we are ranked in the top 1/3 of the waiting list?

I'd say it's possible that you could be pulled at any point, but you'll have a better idea of where you stand after the waitlist is formally ranked.

(again, no official experience here... just basing it off my experience on the waitlist and what I've seen from past SDN threads)

i was accepted today (and plan on withdrawing), so it seems they are still sending them out prior to June 1!

Dammit. Just called and got waitlisted as well. Interviewed on 4/13

I was in your interview group... and I called around the 10th of may and I too was WLed :( And my interviewer literally told me I'd get in! lol

I was in your interview group... and I called around the 10th of may and I too was WLed :( And my interviewer literally told me I'd get in! lol

Yeah, its wierd. One of my interviewers spent literally 10 minutes how my high mcat score (especially the verbal score) means that I would probably do very well in medical school. The other one said "I think you will make an excellent physician." I'm hoping that at least I'm at the top of the waitlist.

Yeah, its wierd. One of my interviewers spent literally 10 minutes how my high mcat score (especially the verbal score) means that I would probably do very well in medical school. The other one said "I think you will make an excellent physician." I'm hoping that at least I'm at the top of the waitlist.

false hope sucks lol. Well hopefully we can say were in the top 33% and can HOPE for an acceptance...

Only about a week and a half until we know our position on the waitlist!!

I got an email this morning, asking if I would like to remain on the Alternate List. It also stated that the list and rankings should be firmed up by the beginning of next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.