2008-2009 University of Toledo Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awsome, congrats!

Have you accepted guys sent in LOIs?

I did not send a LOI, but if I hadn't gotten accepted, then I would have sent one this past week. Good luck to you guys still waiting to hear back :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

My daughter was accepted a month ago, on Friday, we received a letter via snail from UT Financial Aid requiring additional verification. While it appears that they are processing financial aid now and someone being accepted now may not have to wait a month before receiving any information about their aid, you may have to submit the additional verification before your aid is granted. To help expedite the process, if you have not already completed their requirements, you may want to be proactive and send the verifications now instead of waiting for their additional request.

You should or will soon receive an email instruction about how to set up your UT account and your Rocket Number. You'll need your Rocket number to complete their Verification Worksheet which can be found online at http://www.financialaid.utoledo.edu/PDFFORMS/2009-2010/2009-10 Verification Worksheet.pdf . They also need a signed Federal 2008 Income Tax Return and copies of your W2s and 1099s. The submission instructions and address are on the verification worksheet.

My daughter has been waiting for her financial aid award to secure housing. I wish we would've known about this requirement weeks ago. Hope this helps someone avoid the wait that we've had.

thanks for the advice! i am filling out the financial aid packet right now.

Okay so after what everyone is saying, I'm thinking I might send a letter out this week, but I was wondering, there was some stuff I did this semester that was prior to my interview but didn't get a chance to discuss at my interview, is it okay if I mention it? Also, i am accepted somewhere, but would attend Toledo over my current acceptance, thunk that would be worth stating?

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay so after what everyone is saying, I'm thinking I might send a letter out this week, but I was wondering, there was some stuff I did this semester that was prior to my interview but didn't get a chance to discuss at my interview, is it okay if I mention it? Also, i am accepted somewhere, but would attend Toledo over my current acceptance, thunk that would be worth stating?

Speaking from personal experience, I'd go ahead and mention the other activities. As for the current acceptance, I'd say something to the extent of "I will withdraw my other applications and matriculate to Toledo if accepted". There's no need to outright say you're accepted elsewhere (although I believe they might know at this stage in the game) and you don't need to mention specific school names either.

good luck on your step 1 depakote.. i just noticed it's june 22 :D

here's to hoping i get a phone call this week... and all of you do too of course ;)

Depakote: I am new to SDN and am trying to clarify some of your earlier posts. Do you know what specifically a single OOSer has to do to gain residency status after the first year? Sign a lease, get a driver’s license, register car or to vote, etc?? Thank you

good luck on your step 1 depakote.. i just noticed it's june 22 :D

here's to hoping i get a phone call this week... and all of you do too of course ;)

Yes good Luck Depakote! I know all of us on here are rooting for you to do awesome!

:xf::xf:and c'mon Sandy! Give me a callll! And good luck to everyone else!:luck:

Why don't they tell us how many people are remaining on HP?

i think im going to just give the admissions office the link to this thread in lieu of my letter of interest... because this thread shows my interest ;) lol

jk about giving them the link. dont poop yourself!

Its starting to get quiet around here.... We need some more movement!!

I am still on same boat OOS -HP. Hoping to see some movement on Thursday/Friday.

From Sandy, "The alternate list continues to move slowly but steadily." Just thought I would share with all you guys. Not really news though since that is the pretty standard answer. Best of luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
did anyone confirm that calls are only made on thursday and fridays?

She came and spoke at our school last year. It was very inspirational. She told us she'd just relapsed... :(

Wow, thats awesome that you got to hear her speak, sad that she passed though :(

I've been noticing a lot of people lately that went to Toledo, my own doctor went there too.

who should we send updates to? sandy or kleshinski himself? does anyone have any experience sending updates to kleshinski?

also how big is the incoming class? thanks guys!

who should we send updates to? sandy or kleshinski himself? does anyone have any experience sending updates to kleshinski?

also how big is the incoming class? thanks guys!

I would also like to know who these should be sent to? and who did those of you that sent them address them to? as of now, I have it addressed to the Admissions Committee... think thats fine?

I would also like to know who these should be sent to? and who did those of you that sent them address them to? as of now, I have it addressed to the Admissions Committee... think thats fine?

When i sent mine I addressed them to dr. K and sent them to the admissions email address.

Thanks!! apparently they accepted 3 people off the waitlist last week. seems like ZERO this week :(

Thanks Depakote!

and holiday, I'm right there with you! :(

The weekend again... oh joy. At least during the week I have a small glimmer of hope that my phone will ring.

My daughter sent her letters immediately following her interview, one to each of her interviewers and the dean of admissions. She was on the waitlist 3 business days before being accepted.

Thanks Kyung!

Just out of curiosity, what are your reasons for wanting to attend UTCOM? Going through this whole process it has seemed as if all medical schools have similiar missions statements -- something along the lines of improving the human condition through education, research, and teaching.

Just want to know if it is the location, cost, curriculum or even something else that motivates you to attend Toledo.

Hopefully this will help pass time for all the waitlisters out there.

and another quiet monday... lol.

I called the admissions office yesterday and was informed that there was only one acceptance from the alternate list last week. Not too promising. I am still hoping though. :xf:

I called the admissions office yesterday and was informed that there was only one acceptance from the alternate list last week. Not too promising. I am still hoping though. :xf:

Me too :xf: I just sent them my letter yesterday, who knows, maybe it will help!

I just withdrew from the waitlist, HP OOS M. Good luck to everyone!

Thank you doger blue, we need more people like you:D

I pulled the trigger today on submitting AMCAS 2010... Not a fun decision. :(

Davydude, good luck man! I'm sure your aware of this trick. Apply to one school on your amcas and then when you get verified (couple weeks later) add all the other schools you are interested in. This will buy you a couple weeks until your app is verified and potentially save you a couple benjamins.

Don't lose hope on toledo though!

Davydude, good luck man! I'm sure your aware of this trick. Apply to one school on your amcas and then when you get verified (couple weeks later) add all the other schools you are interested in. This will buy you a couple weeks until your app is verified and potentially save you a couple benjamins.

Don't lose hope on toledo though!

Thank you! Yea, I know about that trick, thats what I did. It also gives me a couple weeks to decide which schools I am going to apply to this second time around. I haven't given up on Toledo yet, I am just trying to prepare myself for another year.

i wouldn't sweat the extra cash you fork over on reapplying. I put my amcas in the 2nd because i waited too long last year. It cost me about 600 bucks... I paid it at the same time as my $800 car insurance so there went all that graduation money ;) but really in the end i think the security is worth it.

i got 2 secondary invitations already so once my undergrad committee gets its crap together and sends out my letters, who knows, I could be one of those people sitting on acceptances for half a year. ...or waitlisted for half a year, but let's hope for better this go-around.

now the real question is when to put out my secondaries. Toledo is my last hope for this year. I am debating whether to put out my secondaries immediately since the WL seems to be slowing WAY down, or to wait til august 1 to send them (i've been considering that the day to abandon hope)

Looks like things have been slow down. According to last year waitlist thread there were couple acceptances in June till Mid-July.

anyone out there on this forum holding an acceptance for toldeo but waiting for other schools or still deciding?

Last edited:
two acceptances off of the waitlist in the past two weeks....not good

My brother has acceptance since October, will be withdrawing tomorrow, he has another acceptance. Good luck to people waiting.

He withdrew yesterday, hope someone will be happy today to
get offer. Good luck to all waiting. I know how hard it is, I have been through it.

Anyone on the OOS waitlist hear anything recently? I'm guessing its a wrap for this year..and I'm not even on high priority, so I probably have less than no chance. Ah well, good luck to you guys on high priority and post if you hear anything, maybe a mircale can happen for those of us on the middle third (not holding my breath tho)....

I don't think they have gone through all HP list people this year. Looks like no more chances. I was HP: OOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.