2008-2009 University of Cincinnati Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did other (waitlisted) people get a financial aid package today?

I got it over the weekend. ps im top third, in state female

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't. I got something requesting that I submit more forms regarding financial aid...

edit: I'm top 1/3 IS male, if that matters

Last edited:

yes i did. luckily i read about the "giant package" coming in the mail so i didnt poop my pants when i saw it...

Members don't see this ad :)
I am in the upper 1/3, oos.

I haven't received anything by mail. But I had already completed the FAFSA forms and put Cincy down as one of my schools. Are there additional forms or is the packet just info on how to fill out the FAFSA?

Did everyone that received the packet in the upper 1/3?

no, i'm middle 1/3 oos and i received the packet

I am in the upper 1/3, oos.

I haven't received anything by mail. But I had already completed the FAFSA forms and put Cincy down as one of my schools. Are there additional forms or is the packet just info on how to fill out the FAFSA?

Did everyone that received the packet in the upper 1/3?

It was the packet they showed us when I interviewed. There was a pamphlet from financial aid and some info cards about the FAFSA and needaccess. Nothing too earthshaking, you can get it all on medonestop.

Withdrew from the Alternate List today, I got tired of waiting and I just wanted to make a set plan for next year. Good luck everybody!

Wow ONOY, you went from lamenting about having to reapply to getting into a top school. Would you ever have imagined having to give up a Pitt acceptance? Crazy.

Wow ONOY, you went from lamenting about having to reapply to getting into a top school. Would you ever have imagined having to give up a Pitt acceptance? Crazy.

It has all turned out really crazy, I can't believe it worked out this way. I've liked WashU all along, but I never though I'd get in. I'm psyched :) I am luckier than I originally thought I was lol

Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist? I imagine they would have made some offers already.

It has all turned out really crazy, I can't believe it worked out this way. I've liked WashU all along, but I never though I'd get in. I'm psyched :) I am luckier than I originally thought I was lol

Best of luck! Keep those withdraws coming so I can get off the waitlist please!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Or maybe no one has withdrawn and they are over-booked for next year :scared:

Best of luck! Keep those withdraws coming so I can get off the waitlist please!!!!

Def going to WashU, but I only had one other acceptance (Pitt, I W/D yesterday). I did W/D from OSU and Cincy WLs though. Good luck!! :luck:

Has anyone heard of any movement? This silence is driving me insane! :eek:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

AKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKHHHHHH

ahhh thats better

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

AKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKHHHHHH

ahhh thats better

Ha ha, yeah, ive been wanting to do that for about the last 18 months ...

Just talked to admissions, they are still over their class quota so that haven't begun to take people off the alternate list yet. Bummer. :(

Just talked to admissions, they are still over their class quota so that haven't begun to take people off the alternate list yet. Bummer. :(

WOW

That is crazy, and not looking too hot...

Thanks for letting us know.

Well, apparently there were a lot of people who called admissions to hold on to their acceptance over the weekend without declaring a school. That may have contributed to the slow start. Why people would hold out longer I don't know. Maybe hoping they would get pulled off OSU waitlist. The whole process is still very mysterious to me.

Well, apparently there were a lot of people who called admissions to hold on to their acceptance over the weekend without declaring a school. That may have contributed to the slow start. Why people would hold out longer I don't know. Maybe hoping they would get pulled off OSU waitlist. The whole process is still very mysterious to me.

If Cincy is a person's only acceptance, he or she can, of course, hold it and stay on 100 wait lists if he or she wishes. I imagine what happened was that the people to whom you're referring recently gained acceptances off of other WL's but have not yet seen the FinAid, which can lag a few days behind the acceptance notification.

If Cincy is a person's only acceptance, he or she can, of course, hold it and stay on 100 wait lists if he or she wishes. I imagine what happened was that the people to whom you're referring recently gained acceptances off of other WL's but have not yet seen the FinAid, which can lag a few days behind the acceptance notification.

I see. Well either way, I don't think its the end of the world because no one has been pulled off yet. Just a little more stressful.

I see. Well either way, I don't think its the end of the world because no one has been pulled off yet. Just a little more stressful.

Or a lot, for those of us without an acceptance...

Not the end of the world, but this information significants lessens any reasonable estimate of the total number of people that will come of the wait list.

The stress is getting to me and I am becoming a forum warrior.

++ internets.

I was actually doing fine until I realized it is 10 days until AMCAS applications open.

I dunno, I think the fact that they are still "overbooked" 6 days after the 15th speaks volumes. In the last 3 years, based on old threads, it looked like TONS of movement started on the 16th.

I think this speaks to the fact that there will probably be very, very little waitlist movement at Cinci this year. Just my educated guess based on everything I've seen.

Maybe it has something to do with the MMI... It could be that the way people got accepted earlier in the year allowed more people who truly wanted to go to Cinci, to not go on other interviews and be lured away. Either way, it doesn't look good...

I thought that on May 15 you had to drop down to only one acceptance ...

I was actually doing fine until I realized it is 10 days until AMCAS applications open.

My advice is to forget about Cincinnati and start focusing on the 2010 AMCAS. If there hasn't been any waitlist movement yet, then the vast majority of the people on the waitlist are screwed. Because there are about 300 people on the waitlist, it is obvious that very few rejections were handed out, and the people near the bottom of the waitlist might as well consider themselves rejected. I would be surprised if they even put a dent in the top third. I fixed my application problems and I'm applying early-decision for 2010.

Definitely have my AMCAS 2010 going, but as an OOS top third I'm still holding on. I would guess there has to be some OOS movement before school starts.

Just stopped by the admissions office. Still no movement. Couldn't tell me the number of acceptances still standing either.

Just stopped by the admissions office. Still no movement. Couldn't tell me the number of acceptances still standing either.

wowsers, thanks for the update. yeah, a bit disheartening, i hope this doesnt mean that, post may 15, there class was still full, but it does seem like that is the case ...

wowsers, thanks for the update. yeah, a bit disheartening, i hope this doesnt mean that, post may 15, there class was still full, but it does seem like that is the case ...

Actually, odds are that not only is it full, but that its TOO full.

Actually, odds are that not only is it full, but that its TOO full.

yeah; you're right. i wonder if the matricualtion rate shot up this year or something. Is this the first year the care/crawley building is open?

yeah; you're right. i wonder if the matricualtion rate shot up this year or something. Is this the first year the care/crawley building is open?

I think that it is do to the change in interview format... More people accepted earlier, means that they may have avoid other interviews to save money, or gone with the school they were accepted to months ago for planning purposes, etc... Just a guess...

I just got the financial aid info packet in the mail today. Has any other WL-er been accepted who has received this?

I got the financial aid packet last Monday I think, but I haven't heard any news concerning an acceptance :(

Just called admissions. Still no movement. BAH!

Crazy. Did they say anything else? Still overbooked i guess ... ?

No, just that there hasn't been any movement yet. Last time I checked they weren't able to tell me how many acceptances were still being held. She did say it was because they were currently over-enrolled. I'm sure today is no different.

Just called admissions. Still no movement. BAH!

They just responded to my email with the same info. Nothing from the alternate list. My heart was in my mouth when I saw a popup with "new mail from comadmiss......:scared:

How does admissions notify people on the waitlist if they're accepted ...?

I think that it is do to the change in interview format... More people accepted earlier, means that they may have avoid other interviews to save money, or gone with the school they were accepted to months ago for planning purposes, etc... Just a guess...

I like the interview format change theory; maybe it led them to accept people with, on average, fewer other attractive options, since MMI is different from all other schools, maybe it selected for a different population then all the other schools selected for.

How does admissions notify people on the waitlist if they're accepted ...?

I think by email. All other communication with them has been an email saying that there was a status update on medonestop. I'm pretty sure that's also what we were told at my interview.

Last edited:
I'm pretty disappointed w/ the lack of movement at cincy...

Middle 1/3 is not a good place to be imo

Status
Not open for further replies.