WWater Water Everywhere/Under The Sea Game Thread (+ Signups)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've no qualms with that.
Yeah, and that isn't wolfy at all?

I am never a big fan of lynching the blocked person b/c no kill at night. Especially when we are in conversion territory. Lynch was way to easy for lame info.

Hope I am wrong, but it doesn;t feel right to me.

Members don't see this ad.

If no one is even open to changing their mind then close its fine

Eh. If you're a wolf - go suck eggs. But if you're actually a villager ... *shrug* Sometimes you get the short end of the stick, the evidence leans against you, and the only way to find out is a lynch. Sucks, but it is what it is.

Yeah, and that isn't wolfy at all?

I am never a big fan of lynching the blocked person b/c no kill at night. Especially when we are in conversion territory. Lynch was way to easy for lame info.

Hope I am wrong, but it doesn;t feel right to me.

That's about where I'm at, which is why I haven't jumped on it. I definitely understand lynching her, and I am obviously a proponent of following leads (even if they are weak). So I'm probably not 100% in agreement with you about not lynching a blocked person on a no-kill night (except maybe end-game where it's much more likely to be wolfy) - I think it's generally a reasonable approach barring some other good reason to lynch someone else.

But .... I dunno .... this one just doesn't feel right. And her voting record is pretty darn good. So that's why my vote is elsewhere.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
That's about where I'm at, which is why I haven't jumped on it. I definitely understand lynching her, and I am obviously a proponent of following leads (even if they are weak). So I'm probably not 100% in agreement with you about not lynching a blocked person on a no-kill night (except maybe end-game where it's much more likely to be wolfy) - I think it's generally a reasonable approach barring some other good reason to lynch someone else.

But .... I dunno .... this one just doesn't feel right. And her voting record is pretty darn good. So that's why my vote is elsewhere.
What was your reasoning for nyanko? I forgot it in all the stupid cthulhu stuff.

What was your reasoning for nyanko? I forgot it in all the stupid cthulhu stuff.

I've voted for nyanko a couple times (I think... at least in my head). Mostly it's just because it's getting mid-game and I have no feelings for her one way or another. It's because of the way she plays. It's very consistent, but it's basically show up just enough to throw a vote, drop a snarky comment or two, and leave.

But also, when the vote was rolling against her she suddenly was able to show up and make more of a heated defense .... and then she's gone again when she's not being lynched. That's vaguely/minorly wolfy.

I just don't feel quite right about the hayley lynch. I'm perfectly happy to bus a fellow wolf when it seems right, but hayley's voting record.... that's pretty aggressively busing for her to be a wolf.

BTW, if Hayley turns out to be a wolf, do I at least get credit instead of blame, even though I didn't vote for her?

Or do I pretty much only get blame no matter how this comes out? :)

All of the marine animals were dead set on just one name today.

Dead is @heyyimhayley, flabellina, and a vanillager.
Flabellina%20rubrolineata%20SIPLG.JPG

Deadline is 9am EST.

Roster to follow, hayley is green.

I've voted for nyanko a couple times (I think... at least in my head). Mostly it's just because it's getting mid-game and I have no feelings for her one way or another. It's because of the way she plays. It's very consistent, but it's basically show up just enough to throw a vote, drop a snarky comment or two, and leave.

But also, when the vote was rolling against her she suddenly was able to show up and make more of a heated defense .... and then she's gone again when she's not being lynched. That's vaguely/minorly wolfy.

Well I mean, that's because literally the only thing I'm 100% sure about in this game is that I'm not a wolf. So I can defend myself with confidence. I can't say anything else with confidence except that I want nothing to do with your lemon party.

I just don't feel quite right about the hayley lynch. I'm perfectly happy to bus a fellow wolf when it seems right, but hayley's voting record.... that's pretty aggressively busing for her to be a wolf.
This is the part that gets me. It's like everyone is saying "hayley doesn't seem wolfy at all, but there is this one piece of sketch evidence". Sometimes you have to think, and balance things, not just take the easiest way out. I feel like every time I am lynched it is under "the easy way out" path, and it is mostly wrong of course. I despise that type of play.

<end rant>

edit. this was being written before results, which i just saw, so now I can say, "told you so".

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like every time I am lynched it is under "the easy way out" path, and it is mostly wrong of course.

Well. That's kinda statistical biasing. I mean, most of the time ANY of us are lynched it's wrong. That's the nature of the game. And if we're a villager and getting lynched, then obviously we feel like any evidence against is us being misinterpreted or contrived or whatever.

But I agree with regard to this last lynch. I felt like hayley's voting record was strong enough to outweigh lynching her based on the block/no-kill (especially in mid-game, where conversion seems more likely to me to be the best conclusion). Didn't make sense to me to lynch her. *shrug*

Well. That's kinda statistical biasing. I mean, most of the time ANY of us are lynched it's wrong. That's the nature of the game. And if we're a villager and getting lynched, then obviously we feel like any evidence against is us being misinterpreted or contrived or whatever.

But I agree with regard to this last lynch. I felt like hayley's voting record was strong enough to outweigh lynching her based on the block/no-kill (especially in mid-game, where conversion seems more likely to me to be the best conclusion). Didn't make sense to me to lynch her. *shrug*
Well. At least now we can more confidently say it was conversion, which is helpful because we can (almost) definitively point out the night where it occurred. We're probably down to one original and one convert now, yes? Maybe two originals? I forget how many players the game started with.

Many a nights has a pretty light been seen.
hqdefault.jpg

Well, no more.
finding_nemo_dory_marlin_angler_fish.jpg

Dead is @Filly Bay - Anglerfish (village tracker) who used her lure to track players each night.

One particular suborder of anglerfish has an....*interesting* adaptation. When ceratioid males go looking for love, they follow a species-specific pheromone to a female, who will often aid their search further by flashing her bioluminescent lure. Once the male finds a suitable mate, he bites into her belly and latches on until his body fuses with hers. Their skin and blood vessels join together, allowing the male to take all the nutrients he needs from his host/mate’s blood. The body parts he doesn’t need anymore—eyes, fins, and some internal organs—atrophy, degenerate and wither away, until he’s little more than a lump of flesh hanging from the female, taking food from her and providing sperm whenever she’s ready to spawn.

Lynch deadline for Day 10 is 9pm EST.

Note:
Dark shadows continue to flit across the surface accompanied by bass rumbles and a thick oily stench. Denizens of the ocean, swim at your own risk!

11/26 Players remain.

CURRENT ROSTER:
Epipelagic

2. @WhtsThFrequency
4. @allyphoe

Mesopelagic
7. @LetItSnow
9. @BeautifulBritishColumbia
10. @Jilary

Bathypelagic
14. @StartingoverVet
15. @dyachei

Abyssalpelagic
19. @nyanko

Hadalpelagic
25. @WildZoo
26. @Frozenshades
13 @Rogert

Sushi (Dead):
11. SummerTheLynx - Candiru (vanillager)
12. genny - Leafy Sea Dragon (vanillager)

5. LadyOtheFarm - Chimaera (scalloped hammerhead)
24. PrincessButterCup - Flower hat jelly (village protector)
17. DVMDream - Blobfish (Bargibanti pygmy seahorse)
21. hazelmoo - Pyjama shark (village seer)
20. Saki Nishibi - Saltwater crocodile (vanillager)
6. Zensing - Blowfish (Villager Assassin)
23. Mad Jack – Cone Snail (village item maker)
16. finnickthedog- Goblin shark (vanillager)

8. Flim Flam Man - Sea cucumber
3. Ceke2002 - Amphioxus (vanillager)
1. Animal Midwife - Mola mola (vanillager)
18. heyyimhayley - Flabellina (vanillager)
22. Filly Bay - Anglerfish (village tracker)

Reactions: 2 users
When ceratioid males go looking for love, they follow a species-specific pheromone to a female, who will often aid their search further by flashing her bioluminescent lure. Once the male finds a suitable mate, he bites into her belly and latches on until his body fuses with hers. Their skin and blood vessels join together, allowing the male to take all the nutrients he needs from his host/mate’s blood. The body parts he doesn’t need anymore—eyes, fins, and some internal organs—atrophy, degenerate and wither away, until he’s little more than a lump of flesh hanging from the female, taking food from her and providing sperm whenever she’s ready to spawn.
True love :biglove::biglove:
At least according to my husband and spawn....

Reactions: 3 users
There are a few people I feel comfortable with (though I realize that is pretty much out the window with a likely convert) and a few I don't know anything about, including WTF, SOV, Dy & LIS. I'm ok with lynching any of them, but I'd like to at least wait a day before considering WTF. So I guess since there is already a vote in that direction...

Lynch SOV

Actually, change that. I just went back and looked over the first few days/nights. D2 & N2 - there are NO posts by Nyanko and she only liked one post that wasn't really game related. So going back to that Cthulhu thing, I think it's VERY likely she was silenced and has since tried to deny it. @WildZoo can you find that post you thought she made N2?

Unlynch SOV
Lynch nyanko

Actually, change that. I just went back and looked over the first few days/nights. D2 & N2 - there are NO posts by Nyanko and she only liked one post that wasn't really game related. So going back to that Cthulhu thing, I think it's VERY likely she was silenced and has since tried to deny it. @WildZoo can you find that post you thought she made N2?

Unlynch SOV
Lynch nyanko

It's easy enough to lie about if you're generally a quiet player anyway.

lynch nyanko

Crap, for some reason I had it in my head that you said she made a comment at night, so I went over the night posts multiple times, but just skimmed day posts. Ugh... Now I'm obsessions over this Cthulhu thing.
Yeah it was driving me crazy so I'm just going to pretend that it doesn't matter anymore and see where that gets me I guess...

I don't think there is any way to figure out nyanko without a lynch. Her play style is ALWAYS quiet. So you just have to decide she is townie, wolfie, or lynch her to find out.

***lynch nyanko***

Like I said earlier, I am ok with the Nyanko lynch, but I will keep the FS vote until I find a reason not to.

I have my feels for who would be an obvious conversion candidate but until we find the original, that is just silly speculation.