Wright State vs Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CavsFan2016

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My hometown is 10 minutes from Wright States campus where all my family lives, while Toledo is 3 hours away. What would you guys suggest?

Members don't see this ad.

My hometown is 10 minutes from Wright States campus where all my family lives, while Toledo is 3 hours away. What would you guys suggest?

Realistically I'd probably suggest you look into a lot more than only the distance of the schools from where your family lives. I don't mean that in a sarcastic way, it just seems via your question that you're using distance as the sole metric in determining your medical education which, frankly, I don't think is necessarily wise.

Which curriculum do you like more? Which city do you like more? $$$??? etc. Maybe if you provide some more details I/we could help a bit more!

:D

Reactions: 1 user
Realistically I'd probably suggest you look into a lot more than only the distance of the schools from where your family lives. I don't mean that in a sarcastic way, it just seems via your question that you're using distance as the sole metric in determining your medical education which, frankly, I don't think is necessarily wise.

Which curriculum do you like more? Which city do you like more? $$$??? etc. Maybe if you provide some more details I/we could help a bit more!

:D

I was just curious to see what others had to say about these 2 schools - my interview at Toledo is in a few weeks, so I will know more then. But if anyone was willing to share some personal experience choosing between these 2 schools, I would love to hear it. I doubt I'm the only person that has had to make this choice before.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was just curious to see what others had to say about these 2 schools - my interview at Toledo is in a few weeks, so I will know more then. But if anyone was willing to share some personal experience choosing between these 2 schools, I would love to hear it. I doubt I'm the only person that has had to make this choice before.

fair point - I found these that could be helpful to you:

https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/wright-state-vs-utoledo.828582/
and
https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/help-me-choose-between-toledo-and-wright-state.913548/

good luck on your interview!

Reactions: 1 user
I think toledo's name carries a bit more outside of Ohio. Not sure it matters if you want to stay in Ohio for residency and practice, if so go for which ever one is cheaper and closer to home

Maybe it's my bias against Toledo from visits years ago - but I never liked the city or school. I do have a cousin who's a M3 at Wright State atm and she seems to enjoy it quite a bit.

...And Ill turn the car around by saying my friend at Boonshoft says there's a ton of self teaching and occasional frustrations, whereas Toledo produces solid physicians, my friends really enjoy it there. Not arguing, just playing devil's advocate :whistle:

As you can see, its anecdotal, but it all comes down to location and cost I suppose. You cant really tell which school is a better fit for you unless you attend both of them, which of course, is impossible. Have you tried a second-look visit?