Which Florida COM is going to be less costly to attend?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mcotocjb

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a Florida resident. I am looking into FSU or USF or UM next year. I am not thrilled to attend UF. I am also interested in Baylor since my family may be relocating to Texas. I am not sure whether I will qualify for in-state residency after I finish my UG.

Members don't see this ad.

FSU is the least costly (if you qualify as in-state...not sure about the out of state costs though).

yeah but Miami gives out great merit aid packages

Members don't see this ad :)
FSU is the least expensive by a large margin, especially when you consider the cost of living.

yeah but Miami gives out great merit aid packages

And FSU gives out pretty nice scholarships and grants on top of the cheap tuition. Nearly all tuitions are going to increase, but depending on what Gov. Luthor...I mean Scott does, we may see a bigger increase in tuition at FSU. We get the most state aid right now due to our whole mission spiel. The dean is working hard to get funds from other sources, but who knows what the next few years will bring.

I am from Texas so I know nothing about the FL school prices, but I do know that Baylor has a very competitive tuition for both instate/out of state students as it happens to be THE cheapest private school in the country. Also, Baylor is very helpful in getting their students in-state tuition after their first year. I would recommend checking out the Baylor threads for more info, but I think owning property in Texas for a year qualifies you for in-state tuition.

Hope this helps!

I just noticed that USF is lot better than FSU in terms of GPA/MCAT scores and residency placement in non-primary care. I am looking into UM/USF/Baylor. Why is UCF Med school GPA and MCAT higher than USF/UM. UCF is going to be one great school in 10 years

I just noticed that USF is lot better than FSU in terms of GPA/MCAT scores and residency placement in non-primary care. I am looking into UM/USF/Baylor. Why is UCF Med school GPA and MCAT higher than USF/UM. UCF is going to be one great school in 10 years

It is because UCF COM opened 2 years ago. Their charter class received FULL scholarships for all 4 years. UCF received a gigantic amount of community support to establish the medical school, and the Dean was able to leverage this support to help raise scholarship money for the charter class. Although the second class did not receive full scholarships, most of the students still received a decent amount of aid. The money really helped to attract students with "higher GPA and MCAT scores"

Status
Not open for further replies.