US Atlantic Bridge 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone received rejections for 4 yr programs other than RCSI? How about for 5 yr programs at TCD or NUIG?

Members don't see this ad.

I finally called AB today, and they told me over the phone that NUIG and Trinity 5 year have not sent out the second rounds yet. He said for sure that TCD has not, and thinks that NUID hadn't. I guess each admissions officer works closely with a couple of schools, and the guy I spoke with is working with TCD. They weren't able to give me any information about my file over the phone. I just sent an email to my admissions officer at AB. So hopefully I will hear back soon. Hopefully not a rejection coming my way…

Hang in there everyone!

Has anyone received rejections for 4 yr programs other than RCSI? How about for 5 yr programs at TCD or NUIG?

Yea, I've gotten rejected at Limerick and RCSI for 4 year. Still waiting on cork, nuig, trinity, ucd.

Members don't see this ad :)
RCSI, UL, and UCC
Thanks for answering everyone, I was just curious to see if they had actually sent any or if they were waiting until August to send them. People who received letters of regret, would you mind sharing your stats? I thought I was on the lower end compared to people on this forum so I'm surprised I have not been rejected yet.

Reactions: 1 user
Just received a letter of regret by e-mail from NUIG for the yr program, it was dated June 4th, they said I would be receiving a hard copy via mail.

Ya just heard back from AB officer. My file remains open for TCD and she attached the rejection letter for NUIG 5 year. :( It was also dated on June 4th.

TCD hasn't given second offers, and she said your file can remain open until August.

Ya just heard back from AB officer. My file remains open for TCD and she attached the rejection letter for NUIG 5 year. :( It was also dated on June 4th.

TCD hasn't given second offers, and she said your file can remain open until August.
Did you apply to UCC and UCD as well?

I wonder why they were dated on June 4th and you are now just getting an e-mail about rejections.

No, I was told because I had an undergrad that I could only apply to RCSI Bahrain, NUIG and TCD. Is not that the case? Maybe I will apply to all 5 year programs next year. I got an interview for Bahrain, but declined because I decided I didn't want to live there for 5 years. NUIG was a no, and haven't heard from Trinity yet.

I feel like I only heard about NUIG today because I emailed AB yesterday asking for an update.

Just received a letter of regret by e-mail from NUIG for the yr program, it was dated June 4th, they said I would be receiving a hard copy via mail.

Do you mind sharing your stats? I think I should be receiving an letter of regret soon via email. And why are some of you getting the email directly from nuig? And some from follow up emails by AB? I thought it would be more consistent.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't get anything from NUIG, neither a rejection or an acceptance. I also emailed the AB admissions officer and was told that my file remains active...this is strange. Is anyone else in a similar situation?

Congrats! 4yr or 6yr? And do you mind sharing your stats?
Hey, thank you! 4 year :)...29 mcat, 3.3 GPa from UC Berkeley, no research, 1700 volunteering hours n 200 shadowing n my own extra curriculars, like 2 med clubs (director in both)..

Reactions: 6 users
Hey, thank you! 4 year :)...29 mcat, 3.3 GPa from UC Berkeley, no research, 1700 volunteering hours n 200 shadowing n my own extra curriculars, like 2 med clubs (director in both)..

Congrats! :)

Do you mind sharing your stats? I think I should be receiving an letter of regret soon via email. And why are some of you getting the email directly from nuig? And some from follow up emails by AB? I thought it would be more consistent.
No I meant the letter was from NUIG but ABP are the ones who e-mailed it to me. I have a 27 MCAT and a 3.4 GPA.

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone knew how to go about the housing accomadations process?

Does anyone know if the 5 year programs are a lot harder to get into?

I am pretty disappointed about NUIG and don't have a good feeling about TCD, since I haven't heard anything yet.

I have 3.44 undergrad 3.75 master's GPA. Only applied to the 5 year, so no MCAT. I think I have good extracurricular and work experience, but I don't know what others have.

Does anyone know if the 5 year programs are a lot harder to get into?

I am pretty disappointed about NUIG and don't have a good feeling about TCD, since I haven't heard anything yet.

I have 3.44 undergrad 3.75 master's GPA. Only applied to the 5 year, so no MCAT. I think I have good extracurricular and work experience, but I don't know what others have.

They probably care more about your GPA if you are applying for the 5 year since you don't have an MCAT.

Congrats! Did you get an email from ABP notifying you got in to UCD, or were you surprised by an unexpected FedEx package?? Again, congrats!

Thank you so much!!! I got an email, will receive fedex next week ☺️

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone knew how to go about the housing accomadations process?

Yeah, according to an email I got, housing registration opens up June 24th. Atlantic Bridge has some rooms reserved in Glenomena House 8, so you're already guaranteed a room – you just need to pick which one, apparently. It requires €350 deposit, payable by card. They should send you an email with a guide to booking a room.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, according to an email I got, housing registration opens up June 24th. Atlantic Bridge has some rooms reserved in Glenoma House 8, so you're already guaranteed a room – you just need to pick which one, apparently. It requires €350 deposit, payable by card. They should send you an email with a guide to booking a room.

Awesome, thank you! Also, do you happen to know if we are provided with any info on roommates when choosing a room, and if it's co ed? Thanks in advance ☺️

Awesome, thank you! Also, do you happen to know if we are provided with any info on roommates when choosing a room, and if it's co ed? Thanks in advance ☺️

No problem! All the options I saw in Glenomena on the signing up for housing guide were mixed gender, and there wasn't any info on the roommates. I think the only way to choose roommates is to coordinate with people in advance to choose the same apartment.

Just heard back from NUIG. Rejected.

Still waiting on UCD, Trinity, and Cork.

I wonder how many people are actually put on the waitlist. It seems like so many people are on it.

I wonder how many people are actually put on the waitlist. It seems like so many people are on it.
I think very few people are actually rejected off the bat (except for RCSI maybe). I assume the majority of people are on the "waitlist" and then the bulk of th erejections will come in august.

Only after asking AB for an update was told I had been rejected at NUIG!

hey guys,

i've been reading the forum this application cycle, if anyone is still wondering if there's movement I was accepted to Trinity's 5 yr program on tuesday. I've got a 3.4 overall GPA, 3.6 science GPA and a 34 MCAT. I applied in late january... best of luck to all of you and hang in there!

hey guys,

i've been reading the forum this application cycle, if anyone is still wondering if there's movement I was accepted to Trinity's 5 yr program on tuesday. I've got a 3.4 overall GPA, 3.6 science GPA and a 34 MCAT. I applied in late january... best of luck to all of you and hang in there!

Congrats! I haven't heard anything from Trinity yet but that's promising that there is movement. Thanks for the update. And damn, thats a nice MCAT score. I wonder how many internationals Trinity takes? The only annoying thing is its a 5 year program instead of 4. After spending 4 years in college and 2 years getting a master's, I'm trying to cut down on the length of further education haha.

hey guys,

i have a question: why are you accepted into a 5-year instead of 4-year program when you've already got a Bachelor degree and taken the MCAT?

with your stats, did you apply to US medical school? How did it turn out? :)

i have a question: why are you accepted into a 5-year instead of 4-year program when you've already got a Bachelor degree and taken the MCAT?

with your stats, did you apply to US medical school? How did it turn out? :)

Its probably because there's only 5 years program at Trinity

Just heard back from NUIG. Rejected.

Still waiting on UCD, Trinity, and Cork.
Me too :( just applied to TCD and NGUI.
hey guys,

Congrats!!! Hey did you applied to NGUI? I have a slightly higher GPA but no MCAT. I think that will hinder my chances.

Hey everyone, I was hoping I could get some advice! I decided to wait another year before applying to med schools here in the U.S.. I'll probably take biochem and some other classes and am registered to take the new MCAT in September. I had planned on applying to Irish med schools anyway since I have a lot of family there and my parents are moving back at some point. I know October is way too late to start applying to American med schools, but it seems like it wouldn't be so outlandish to apply to the Irish schools then. I had to defer my committee letter for a year so I wouldn't have an official letter from my school, just the individual LORs. Do you guys think it would be worth a shot applying to the A.B. this fall anyway? I went to a top 25 liberal arts school, have 4 years of wet lab/clinical experience, and have been working doing research at a well known hospital for the past year. My overall GPA is a 3.56 but my science GPA is lower, somewhere in the 3.3 to 3.4 range. I'm hoping to take some BCMP classes this year to up that. I'm torn as to whether or not I can apply to the Ireland schools this cycle still. I hadn't planned on taking another year to apply and am feeling a bit lost. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Hey everyone, I was hoping I could get some advice! I decided to wait another year before applying to med schools here in the U.S.. I'll probably take biochem and some other classes and am registered to take the new MCAT in September. I had planned on applying to Irish med schools anyway since I have a lot of family there and my parents are moving back at some point. I know October is way too late to start applying to American med schools, but it seems like it wouldn't be so outlandish to apply to the Irish schools then. I had to defer my committee letter for a year so I wouldn't have an official letter from my school, just the individual LORs. Do you guys think it would be worth a shot applying to the A.B. this fall anyway? I went to a top 25 liberal arts school, have 4 years of wet lab/clinical experience, and have been working doing research at a well known hospital for the past year. My overall GPA is a 3.56 but my science GPA is lower, somewhere in the 3.3 to 3.4 range. I'm hoping to take some BCMP classes this year to up that. I'm torn as to whether or not I can apply to the Ireland schools this cycle still. I hadn't planned on taking another year to apply and am feeling a bit lost. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Honestly, just wait one extra year and apply for the 2016-2017 cycle. Irish schools are a lot of money and you are not guaranteed residency. It'll be a tough road back.

Personally I am left scratching my head at the people still in high school with 90+% averages who are directly applying to Ireland without even giving a thought of doing undergrad in Canada and then applying for US/Canadian schools when 1) they will need to do 5 tests (USMLE 1, 2 CS and CK, EE, and OSCE) over 4 years just to have a chance to apply to match in Canada/US while Canadian and US MGs only need 1 test to apply for match 2) international clinical electives are a pain in the butt to organize and 3)they will be much more disadvantaged when it comes to match time. Unless you have a claim to EU passport or something and you are in high school, do undergrad here first and then see if you can apply to Canada and the US.

The international route requires a lot of determination, willingness to face stigma, and financial cost. Weigh your options heavily before going in!

Last edited:
Does anyone who is in Med school in Ireland have any idea of how many international spots there are? I am surprised all of us got rejected from the 5 year at NUIG. I am crossing my fingers for Trinity but don't have a good feeling. Hopefully we hear soon. It is painful waiting all summer to know whether u may be moving across the world.

Does anyone who is in Med school in Ireland have any idea of how many international spots there are? I am surprised all of us got rejected from the 5 year at NUIG. I am crossing my fingers for Trinity but don't have a good feeling. Hopefully we hear soon. It is painful waiting all summer to know whether u may be moving across the world.
Yeah I totally agree, obviously I would be ecstatic to receive an offer at any point but it is very short notice to be getting answers in the next few months. I have asked the people at ABP repeatedly how many seats there are at each school and roughly how many students are on the waitlist for each school, but they never give me a straight answer. It,s all very frustrating!

I got the rejection letter via mail to NUIG 5 year program this morning. I am visiting Ireland Monday for 2 weeks and have intentions to go to the admissions office and speak with them about the process for next year's cycle. I also have a meeting with the director of Trinity's program so hopefully I can get some insight for everyone.

Reactions: 4 users
Thank you! Can you please keep us posted about what you discover while in Ireland! It would be interesting to see what the criteria is.

I think the issue is that there just aren't that many spots for internationals at each school and that the number of applicants is high. But I'm no expert.

I think the issue is that there just aren't that many spots for internationals at each school and that the number of applicants is high. But I'm no expert.
I heard theres only like 20 ish places per school for international students