US Atlantic Bridge 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You guys that got a rejection/acceptance recently, did you receive it via normal mail/fedex or email?

I got mails written in the exact same way the only things that different are just the school symbols, signature, and the name of the person who signed the paper. :) Lol ABP prolly have like a form for them or sth. Just saying.

Members don't see this ad.

So I guess it doesn't matter if you pay for fedex shipping because they notify you via email anyway?

Just to let ya'll know who are still waiting, I got my UCD rejection today so people should be hearing back from UCD (letter in the mail)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! August 17th is the deadline for the response and deposit

Tough decision. Wish I had some advice. You seem competitive for back home and I would like to think Trinity et al. will be there for you next year too but who knows maybe not.

I just got into Trinity this morning!! Is anyone else going there? I haven't decided if I will be accepting the offer yet. I was pretty set on taking the year off and reapplying in Canada. I have only applied to Canadian schools once (this past year) and am waitlisted at one of them. I'm not sure if it's too premature to jump ship to Ireland. Does anyone know if I can start at Trinity while reapplying to Canadian schools over this year?

Congrats! I know for Ontario schools they ask you if you are in a MD program or not when you apply, and you'll have to tick yes if you go to Trinity. What that does for you I have no clue. How are your stats? If your stats are pretty competitive, it might just be worth taking the year off.

How many interviews did you get in Canada this year?

Congrats! I know for Ontario schools they ask you if you are in a MD program or not when you apply, and you'll have to tick yes if you go to Trinity. What that does for you I have no clue. How are your stats? If your stats are pretty competitive, it might just be worth taking the year off.

How many interviews did you get in Canada this year?

Yeah, I contacted the schools I would apply to to ask. Ottawa said I would be ineligible to apply if I'm in an MD program, McGill said it wouldn't be a problem. Still waiting to hear back from UofT and UdeMontreal (I'm from Quebec and these are the only schools I feel I have a realistic chance at). I have a 3.83 unweighted GPA (I didn't qualify for weighting last year because I only had 2 years of university since I did CEGEP). Only got an interview at UdeMontreal and ULaval. Waitlisted at UdeM, but too far back to have any chance. I am going to go to TCD and reapply to the schools that will let me.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, I contacted the schools I would apply to to ask. Ottawa said I would be ineligible to apply if I'm in an MD program, McGill said it wouldn't be a problem. Still waiting to hear back from UofT and UdeMontreal (I'm from Quebec and these are the only schools I feel I have a realistic chance at). I have a 3.83 unweighted GPA (I didn't qualify for weighting last year because I only had 2 years of university since I did CEGEP). Only got an interview at UdeMontreal and ULaval. Waitlisted at UdeM, but too far back to have any chance. I am going to go to TCD and reapply to the schools that will let me.
I'm from Quebec as well, applying to Irish schools this year.

Congrats to everyone who's getting in and starting soon!

I just requested my application for the 4 and 5 year schools a couple of weeks ago. I've got everything together for the most part, except the MCAT. I'll be taking it this Thursday, so I'll be waiting on my score until September.

How will this timing affect my application? I'll still have everything in by mid-September, but I'm a little worried.

I would also appreciate any advice that you guys could give me in terms of applying in general!

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted and good luck to the rest of us that still remain waitlisted at TCD or any other. May we all get some offers soon.

Hi ladies and gentlemen, would all (or some) of those who have applied through ABP give me an idea of what my chances are:
Undergrad GPA: 84%
Master GPA: 85% (after 1 year)
BMATH in Pure Math and Applied Math from UWaterloo, with co-op
MSc in Math (currently pursuing) at UBC
Volunteering: Senior care home, hospital in first year of undergrad, Frosh week orientation leader, Resident Assistant/Don for a term
Work Exp: Because of co-op, I have a boatload of work experience in mathematics and physics tutoring and teaching, as well as working in the medical physics department of a hospital which resulted in me getting first author on a review paper in a medical dosimetry journal. I've also done two summer research terms, one in mathematical biology and mathematical modelling, and another in quantum algorithms. The problem here is that not a lot of work/research is clinical because of my undergrad major. Currently, I'm working part time at a medical walk-in clinic which is my most recent clinical experience.

I'm applying to TCD and NUIG for their 5-year program for September 2016 entry. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you!

EDIT: I think through the AMCAS system of calculating GPA, my overall GPA was something like 3.65 and science GPA was around 3.71. Dunno if that's relevant :S

Its definitely worth it to just stay in Quebec, not only because if you want to return you will have a very difficult time, but also you will need to take at least a year off. I'm sure you would get an offer next year in Canada if you applied since you got 2 interviews already.

If I were you I'd stay back but I guess its up to you really, it is still a risky thing to go abroad. Especially with such a good GPA I would stay back in Quebec. TCD is also much more expensive than Quebec schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi ladies and gentlemen, would all (or some) of those who have applied through ABP give me an idea of what my chances are:
Undergrad GPA: 84%
Master GPA: 85% (after 1 year)
BMATH in Pure Math and Applied Math from UWaterloo, with co-op
MSc in Math (currently pursuing) at UBC
Volunteering: Senior care home, hospital in first year of undergrad, Frosh week orientation leader, Resident Assistant/Don for a term
Work Exp: Because of co-op, I have a boatload of work experience in mathematics and physics tutoring and teaching, as well as working in the medical physics department of a hospital which resulted in me getting first author on a review paper in a medical dosimetry journal. I've also done two summer research terms, one in mathematical biology and mathematical modelling, and another in quantum algorithms. The problem here is that not a lot of work/research is clinical because of my undergrad major. Currently, I'm working part time at a medical walk-in clinic which is my most recent clinical experience.

I'm applying to TCD and NUIG for their 5-year program for September 2016 entry. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you!

EDIT: I think through the AMCAS system of calculating GPA, my overall GPA was something like 3.65 and science GPA was around 3.71. Dunno if that's relevant :S

I think you have a decent chance actually. Good luck!

I think you have a decent chance actually. Good luck!
Sweet! Thank you for your input! I am pretty much finished my personal statement and I have two professors who are giving me references. Do you think the earlier I apply, the higher my chances of acceptance? That is, say if I were to apply in September vs. October, would I have a higher chance of acceptance for in the former case than the latter?

Anyone else who can evaluate my chances? Always good to hear multiple persons' opinions

Sweet! Thank you for your input! I am pretty much finished my personal statement and I have two professors who are giving me references. Do you think the earlier I apply, the higher my chances of acceptance? That is, say if I were to apply in September vs. October, would I have a higher chance of acceptance for in the former case than the latter?

Anyone else who can evaluate my chances? Always good to hear multiple persons' opinions

I don't think it works like that. It doesn't matter when you apply, but the earlier the safer you are I guess. However I don't think theres a diff between Sept and Oct. As you know admissions often come between February up until July so Sept vs Oct won't make a difference at all.

Hi Everyone,
I will be in Ireland in a few weeks and I plan on visiting some of the universities and speaking with members of the medical department. I already have a meeting scheduled with the director of the GEM program at UCC, so if any of you have any questions you would like me to pass on, I would be happy to try and get some answers for you.

Feel free to PM me or list them as a response.

Hi Everyone,
I will be in Ireland in a few weeks and I plan on visiting some of the universities and speaking with members of the medical department. I already have a meeting scheduled with the director of the GEM program at UCC, so if any of you have any questions you would like me to pass on, I would be happy to try and get some answers for you.

Feel free to PM me or list them as a response.
I'm travelling to Ireland also at the end of August to visit some schools. I have appointments with UCD and RCSI already, but have yet to get a response from UCC. Who did you email exactly if you don't mind me asking?

I don't think it works like that. It doesn't matter when you apply, but the earlier the safer you are I guess. However I don't think theres a diff between Sept and Oct. As you know admissions often come between February up until July so Sept vs Oct won't make a difference at all.
Ah I see. Thank you for your reply :)

Does anyone from the US who was accepted have any information they'd be willing to share on their experiences financial aid? I'm wondering if the federal loans are adequate to cover tuition, fees, and the living expenses? Or if you're having to supplement them with other funding? Thank you in advance! And congratulations everyone! :)

Does anyone from the US who was accepted have any information they'd be willing to share on their experiences financial aid? I'm wondering if the federal loans are adequate to cover tuition, fees, and the living expenses? Or if you're having to supplement them with other funding? Thank you in advance! And congratulations everyone! :)
Yes, you can borrow up to the cost of attendance :)

Yes, you can borrow up to the cost of attendance :)

Was it basically the same as taking out loans for a US school, or did you run into any problems? Can you get the funds early enough to help cover the deposit to hold your place? Thanks for your help! :)

It is the same as taking out loans for US med schools. I'm applying this year so I don't know if there's any problem, but the AB website tells you all about fed loan eligibility.
You can email and ask about when the loans will be disbursed and plz let me know the answer :)

Hi Everyone,

First off, I just wanted to thank everyone that contributed to this thread over the last year. I've been lurking around since last September and have really appreciated everyone's updates. Unfortunately I have some bad news for those still awaiting UCD answers. I emailed AB a couple days ago since I was still waiting on UCD and thought the mail may have been lost when I changed addresses, today they sent me this:

Hi,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, University College Dublin will not be making any additional offers for their Fall 2015 class. A letter including their official decision on your application will be sent to you shortly.

Best,
Robert

Sorry to burst any bubbles.
Thanks again for all the info over the last year, congrats to everyone who got a spot, see everyone else in the 2016 thread lol.

Reactions: 1 users
Im still waiting on Trinity and UCC tho. They just told me the schools have until the end of the month to make offers. When do classes start lol.

Im still waiting on Trinity and UCC tho. They just told me the schools have until the end of the month to make offers. When do classes start lol.

Did you just e-mail Atlantic Bridge and they still have spots open at both these schools?

When I emailed AB, I was told that my file was now only on reserve at UCC, so I think there's still hope for 1 or 2 of us. But yeah I'm curious about when classes start because how would we have enough time to get a student visa and all that...?

Did you just e-mail Atlantic Bridge and they still have spots open at both these schools?

I emailed AB and they told me that my file still remained open at those schools. That makes sense because those are the only two schools I haven't received a rejection letter yet from. I applied to 6 schools total and the other 4 rejected me at different points throughout the summer.

When I emailed AB, I was told that my file was now only on reserve at UCC, so I think there's still hope for 1 or 2 of us. But yeah I'm curious about when classes start because how would we have enough time to get a student visa and all that...?

For UCC, orientation is on 3 and 4th sept, classes start 7th sept

Hi Everyone,

First off, I just wanted to thank everyone that contributed to this thread over the last year. I've been lurking around since last September and have really appreciated everyone's updates. Unfortunately I have some bad news for those still awaiting UCD answers. I emailed AB a couple days ago since I was still waiting on UCD and thought the mail may have been lost when I changed addresses, today they sent me this:

Hi,

Unfortunately, University College Dublin will not be making any additional offers for their Fall 2015 class. A letter including their official decision on your application will be sent to you shortly.

Best,
Robert

Sorry to burst any bubbles.
Thanks again for all the info over the last year, congrats to everyone who got a spot, see everyone else in the 2016 thread lol.
I just emailed AB and this was their reply:

Dear (name hidden)

Your file is still on reserve at UCD and TCD.

Both universities have filled most of the places in their program. The universities can still issue offers in the case that a student decides to withdraw from the incoming class.

We anticipate final decisions to be released in the near future and will be sure to let you know the outcome of your file once we hear from the universities.

Best regards,

Summer Jordan
Admissions Officer

Still waiting on TCD and Cork, got a similar email from AB. Not much turnaround time if i do get something but probably not. At least I just became an EU citizen yay! Now I have three passports

Still waiting on TCD and Cork, got a similar email from AB. Not much turnaround time if i do get something but probably not. At least I just became an EU citizen yay! Now I have three passports
i thought you could legally only hold 2...

Got my UCC rejection in the mail, dated Aug 14th :(
I wish they didn't wait till the very end.

Just got my Cork rejection as well. Dated August 14th. Now the only school I am waiting to hear on is Trinity. Apparently they have until the end of the month. Has anyone gotten a rejection from Trinity yet?

Just got my Cork rejection as well. Dated August 14th. Now the only school I am waiting to hear on is Trinity. Apparently they have until the end of the month. Has anyone gotten a rejection from Trinity yet?
I'm still waiting on Trinity too. Apparently my neighbour received her Trinity rejection in early July ... At least that is what her mother told me.

When I contacted AB back in January, they told me there is still time to apply for 2015 cycle, even though I was planning on applying for 2016. Then AMCAS opened in June.
I see... What if ABP school accepted you before you heard from US school, what would you do?

So I just emailed ABP and asked them about TCD. They told me this :

Dear X,

Unfortunately, Trinity College Dublin will not be making any additional offers for 2015 entry. An official letter from TCD will be sent to you shortly.

Best,

Robert

The thing is I haven't received any letter yet.

I am now applying to PR schools and studying for the MCAT :(

So I just emailed ABP and asked them about TCD. They told me this :

Dear X,

Unfortunately, Trinity College Dublin will not be making any additional offers for 2015 entry. An official letter from TCD will be sent to you shortly.

Best,

Robert

The thing is I haven't received any letter yet.

I am now applying to PR schools and studying for the MCAT :(
Don't get too down on yourself. I think we all applied knowing that medical school has never been easy to get in to. Make a stronger application for next year whether that means increasing your volunteer hours, having better work experience, taking extra courses to improve your gpa, etc. This is not the end of the road. We just have to try harder :)

Don't get too down on yourself. I think we all applied knowing that medical school has never been easy to get in to. Make a stronger application for next year whether that means increasing your volunteer hours, having better work experience, taking extra courses to improve your gpa, etc. This is not the end of the road. We just have to try harder :)
Thanks. It is very true!!!

Just curious, did those of you who got rejected from UCD or UCC get an email rejection as well as a letter?

Just curious, did those of you who got rejected from UCD or UCC get an email rejection as well as a letter?

I got UCD rejection via letter. I emailed ABP about UCC and they said I was also rejected, but I haven't received the letter yet.

ok thanks! When I emailed them recently they told me I was only on hold at UCC, but I haven't received a UCD rejection letter yet (which, even though I'm not really expecting anything at this point, still gives me a tiiiiiny bit of false hope lolol). Idk maybe it got lost in the mail or something.

Just received my UCD rejection this week, dated August 12th, still waiting on Trinity and UCC GEM, not keeping my hopes up though.

ABP contacted me via email stating that UCD wanted to forward my letter of rejection through that medium. Haven't received a physical copy, don't know if I will. No word from TCD but I'm not holding my breath as we are already in September. Has everyone that's been accepted already gone to Ireland?

Last edited:
ABP contacted me via email stating that UCD wanted to forward my letter of rejection through that medium. Haven't received a physical copy, don't know if I will. No word from TCD but I'm not holding my breath as we are already in September. Has everyone that's been accepted already gone to Ireland?

Well TCD has already said that their class is full if you read the post above. Definitely by September there won't be any more offers.